Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions in finding "Sweet Sugary" Fragrances?

I have a huge love affair with intensely Sweet/Sugary fragrances, and I'm looking for lots and lots of suggestions. I don't particularly like 'light' fragrances, I like medium to heavy fragrances when it comes to sweet sugary delicious scents. I've read many suggestions and sniffed out a bunch of perfumes recently, so let me lay out my scent profile and hopefully the suggestions will come rolling in!

What I've Tried and Liked in descending order:
    1) Flowerbomb - Viktor & Rolf (Thoughts: Love the sugary afterscent)
    2) Pink Sugar - Aquolina (Thoughts: Love the sugar but I wish the musk and spice was toned down some more)
    3) Vanilla Blossom - LaVanila (Thoughts: A bit on the citrusy end, wish it was more sugary)

Suggested Sweet/Sugary scents that I don't like:
    1) Angel - Thierry Mulger
    2) Pleasure's Delight - Estee Lauder
    3) Wish - Chopard

Disappointments:
    1) L de Lolita Lempicka: I smelled this fragrances off of a card sampler, and it was soooo sweet and sugary that I absolutely wanted to get it. So I walked over to my local Sephora, saw the bottle and sprayed it again... and I swear it was not the same fragrance! It smells nothing like the card sampler at all, what a disappointment. It was so watered down and smelled like rain and a dab of cinnamon? Nothing like the card sampler.

Thanks so much in advance, I am really looking forward to your suggestions!
    Last edited by ObscureProtection; 29th November 2008 at 11:35 PM.

Default Re: Suggestions in finding "Sweet Sugary" Fragrances

Fancy by Jessica Simpson?

Default Re: Suggestions in finding "Sweet Sugary" Fragrances

I think By Killian's Love is a very well done sugary sweet fragrance. It's sweet and marshmallowy, and sort of like divinity, if you are familiar with that candy (we have it at Christmas in my family). And, on the other end of the spectrum, my Thanksgiving dinner scent, Bath & Body Works' Midnight Pomegranate is a sugary fruity scent that I enjoy. I layered it with Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir and it worked well. I'll come back later when I've thought of some others.

Default Re: Suggestions in finding "Sweet Sugary" Fragrances?

Fantasy by Britney.

• Hanae Mori Butterfly (similar to Pink Sugar, in my mind)
    • Parfums de Nicolai Balkis (raspberry, Turkish rose, black pepper, coffee extract, iris, benzoin, vanilla pods)
    • Ava Luxe Milk (milk, vanilla, musk)
    • Yves Rocher Néonatura Cocoon (vanilla, patchouli, cocoa)
    • Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé (benzoin, labdanum, musk, vanilla, caramel, honey, sugared tonka bean, grilled sesame seeds, cinnamon, rum, coumarine and white orchids -- has been compared to rum raisin cake or sugary-cinnamon-apple desserts)
    • Philosophy Falling in Love (sugary blackberry vanilla musk)

These are some of my favorite sweets, along with Flowerbomb. Good luck with your search!
    Last edited by tang; 30th November 2008 at 12:38 AM.

I don't know that I'd consider SL Chergui as a sugary sweet frag, but it does have a very nice sugarcube note in it. And it's definitely not light!
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

You should also try Alien by Thierry Mugler. It is definitely a sweet treat. I see you tried L by Lolita Lempicka. The original Lolita Lempicka is definitely a sweetie, especially when mixed with Victoria Secret's Love Spell. Also try Escada's Magnetic Beat and Moon Sparkle. I liked Moon Sparkle, but it didn't like me. These are a few that are sweet on me....

Incanto Charms....Ferragamo
    Coney Island....Bond No.9
    Elixir Des Merveilles...Hermes
    DKNY Delicious Night
    Light Blue....D&G
    Madame....JPG
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Vera Wang - Princess

And also
    Naomi Campbell - Winter Kiss
    Kylie Minogue - all 3 of the Darlings; regular, sweet and sexy
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Its an oldie, but you might like Casmir by Chopard.

Insolence by Guerlain is very sweet. Also concider Paris by YSL and L'instant de Guerlain.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 30th November 2008 at 04:57 PM.

Prairie Midnight Rain is insanely sweet.

L.A.M.B by Gwen Stefani is sweet if not sugary.

Cacharel Amor Amor was both I think.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Antica Farmacista Vanilla, Bourbon and Mandarino of Sicily - it's sort of like a Dreamsicle

i Profumi di Firenze Vaniglia del Madagascar ~ very sweet, almost cake-like

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Matin Calin ~ Creamy, sweet and very comforting

And if you ever run across one, Susanne Lang's now-discontinued Ultimate Vanilla Set would be a great way to expore a wealth of sugary scents.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Try Givenchy Pi. Marketed as a masculine I think it is definitely unisex and chock full of sugary sweetness.
    Last edited by kbe; 30th November 2008 at 04:41 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Sweet Oriental Dream - Montale
    or
    Loukhoum by keiko m
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    Fantasy by Britney.
    Without a doubt!

Neonatura is sweet and to me it smells like sugar cubes a little.

Ooohhh I love sugary sweet fragrances also (see my wardrobe!)
    If you like sugared almonds I recommend Ava Luxe's Amande Sucre AND Sinfonia di Note's Amande Sucre. Both are yummy..the Ava Luxe is sweeter and cheaper. The Sinfonia is more complex and quite beautiful.
    Jalaine Vanilla is sweet and yummy, as is Montale's Vanille Extasy and Vanille Absolu.
    I don't think Neonatura Cocoon is nearly as sweet as the above I've mentioned, though very nice and inexpensive (mentioned by several).
    Socalwoman is right about the IPDF scent. They also make Vaniglia e Zenzero which is their vanilla scent with a kick of ginger
    CSP makes lots of over the top sweeties...I love Matin Calin (already mentioned) and Vanille Abricot (which has a peach note in addition to the apricot).
    Sinfonia di Note makes Coeur de Noisette which is hazelnuts and sugar and just delicious. It may be my next full bottle purchase.
    Profumum makes Acqua e Zucchero which is awesome, and Dulcis in Fundo, and Dambrosia. Three beautiful sweet scents, but VERY pricey.
    Serendipity 3 makes Serendipitous which is a very nice chocolate scent. I'm not big on chocolate as a note, but this is really great.
    probably enough for now...I'm sure I'll come up with more. Look at my wardrobe and tell me if you want to try any (PM me)!

Seconding a few:

Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum - gorgeous, and the purest sugar frag I've come across - really does just smell like sugar, but high-end sugar, like if Heston Blumenthal decided to create his own cotton candy and serve it at The Fat Duck

CSP Matin Calin - Smells like condensed milk, and has a caramelized note in there as well.

Jessica Simpson Fancy - Sweet, a bit gourmand, and not too loud.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Fresh Sugar? It's not my thing, but it is sugary-lemon. Somewhat similar in the sweet-citrus genre and one I like much better is L'Occitane Honey and Lemon. It seems kind of sugary to me, not overwhelmingly honeyed.

Fantasy Britney Spears,Delicious Cotton Candy By Gale Hayman,Pink Sugar by Aquolina,Escada Magnetism,Betsey Johnson,Live by Jennifer Lopez (kind of fruity but sweet in my opinion)and Emporio Armani Diamonds (I was really impressed with this fragrance I didn't know it was sweet I like it alot).

There are many I forgot...
    Loves True Bluish Light is a sweet vanilla musk
    Pilar And Lucy The Exact Friction of Stars is coconut, chocolate, vanilla yumminess
    Flowerbomb EXTREME...if you like Flowerbomb you might really dig this take on it
    Vanille by Molinard
    Chocolovers by Aquolina
    Seconding Pink Sugar

Good luck!

Clear the house and make way for the King (Queen?) of sweet and sugar (and some spice!):

Serge Lutens Arabie and Serge Lutens Rahat Lakhoum.
    Last edited by zztopp; 2nd December 2008 at 05:43 AM.
    -

On the low end: Stetson Untamed. About five bucks at your local drugstore. Smells just like burnt sugar with a mild green topnote. Weird as a masculine, but not bad for the dirt-cheap price.

Sur la Plage

Aquolina Blue Sugar
    Apothia Velvet Rope
    Last edited by petruccijc; 9th December 2008 at 08:10 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Féerie? It is certainly sweet!
    Envy Me?

Sorry if this reply is late. My new sweet fave is Bendelirious by Etat Libre d’Orange : Iris absolu and champagne base with cherry lollipop top note.

Hypnotic Poison.
    Armani Code.
    Montale Vanille Absolu and Mukhallat
    Tihota
    Any of the CSP vanille scents.

Serge Lutens Douce Amere and Datura Noir
    Givenchy Organza
    Kenzo Amour and its flankers
    Keiko Mecheri Paname
    Dior Hypnotic Poison
    Guerlain Shalimar in the lower concentrations such as EDT

Serge Lutens Louve

I love this thread. It's a comprehensive list of fragrances I need to avoid.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Estee Lauder Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang = cookie dough.

Sounds like you don't like your sugar mixed with (too much) patchouli. Look for notes that combine vanilla and resins. Possibly fruits and aldehydes.

If you like the way strawberry jam smells, you should like Kylie Minogue Showtime.

Lots of good suggestions already above.

Ghost man by Ghost - my god it's sweet

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

SAAAAHHHHH-WEEEEET: Lucy B Pink Frangipani

I don't like many sweets, and most smell rather cheap to me, but I was just going through my sample collection and ran across this one. Pretty, floral and full-on sweet without smelling cheap.

Has anyone mentioned Amour de Cacao? If not, that's one that must be tried. The balance is just right. I've also been looking for a sweet gourmand that isn't sickeningly sweet and has complexity, dynamism, and balance, with no "rough edges." After doing a lot of sampling, this is my favorite. Escada Collection is great too, but I don't really view that as a gourmand (not a sweet frag).

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

... and as others mentioned, Comptoir Sud Pacifica makes some sweet scents. One of the non-vanilla ones is Naphé, an orange fragrance.

Try Ck In2 u! Very Sweeet vanilla fragrance with a nice comforting drydown. I actuall y prefer this one to the mens. good winter fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I don't know that I'd consider SL Chergui as a sugary sweet frag, but it does have a very nice sugarcube note in it. And it's definitely not light!
    Chergui perhaps not, but I'd recommend Rahat Loukum by Serge Lutens. Neverending sweetness like a turkish fair! Perhaps also Lann-Ael by Lostmarch, although I'm not quite sure if you're looking for something of this kind, it smells on me like Skittles plus a bit of pharmacy.

Basenotes Institution

Celebuscents - Halle by Halle Berry
    Jessica Simpson- Fancy Love ( just tested )
    Queen By Queen Latifah - sweet ,dark and musky

Laura Mericier - Gourmande range- Vanilla Gourmand
    Creme Brulee
    Almond Coconut

CSP- Vanilla Extreme - very sweet and very lovely

Niche- Indult Tihota
    Il Profumo Vanilla Bourbon
    Montale Sweet Oriental Dream
    Profumum Dulcis in Fundo
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

LOL at veuve amiot...and, me, too.

This may be heresy hereabouts, but I'll put in a rec for Bond No9 Chinatown. I find it to be a scent that I know is well crafted, but TOTALLY syrupy and way too sweet for my tastes. I think that if one enjoys sweet scents, than one might be able to appreciate it better than I can!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

A second vote for Vera Wang Princess. Gosh, it's like cotton candy/fairy floss!
    Last edited by Primrose; 23rd August 2009 at 03:38 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I love the same types of fragrances! Here are my suggestions:
    • Angel
    • Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Ave (I just started getting into the Bonds, so I have quite a few to add)
    • Bond No. 9 West Broadway (smells like a sugared vanilla lime candy to me)
    • second the vote for Bond No. 9 Chinatown
    • Philosophy Unconditional Love

Basenotes Plus

Gucci Rush for powdery sugary whiffs. Never fails to turn my head..

Love by By Kilian
    -A sensual sugary scent with an animalic base lurking deep in the background.

Another suggestion for Milk by Ava Luxe.
    I'll add:
    Montale Red Aoud - foody, vanillic, sweet.
    Montale Velvet Aoud - gourmand lusciousness.
    Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille - gorgeous vanilla.
    Last edited by anais; 24th August 2009 at 01:50 AM.
    ~ Anais ~

Um, Laura Mercier's Vanille Gourmand - a well-done gourmand vanilla, or Ginsestet's Botytris (HONEY... pure, sugary honey). Laura Biagotti's Roma - starts citrusy, the turns sweet and creamy but not very cloying.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Definitely a Comme des Garcons girl.

Basenotes Institution

Yes, Ginestet Botrytis is very warm and honeyed .Has Hypnotic Poison been mentioned yet ?
    Lea By Calypso St Barth is a lovely almond vanilla. Lann- Ael by Lostmarch - sweet milky cereal .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

The ones I can think of that I have tried and that are not already mentioned:

Gourmand Coquin - Chocolate and pastries
    So New York - some sort of Frapuccino
    Evenstar

Sweet Courreges

Weekend by Burberry
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    I love this thread. It's a comprehensive list of fragrances I need to avoid.
    You beat me to it!

I agree with Lizzie_J on any ones called "Amande Sucree" - eg the scent of that name by Stephanie de St-Aignan and the Ava Luxe mentioned.
    Both Farmacia SS Annunziata Perla and Chia are also sweet and sugary from memory.

Nanette Lepore is supposed to be super sweet, but am putting off trying it, so cannot confirm first hand.

Jeanne Lanvin was on the sweet side, and I have tried that.

Have tried Nanette Lepore now and I rather like it! It is a powdery, rose violet scent, that reminds me of Agent Provocateur or Lady Vengeance a bit, also Ralph Lauren Love, but with a pronounced violet note.

Jeanne Lanvin isn't that sweet actually - like a rose version of Omnia Green Jade, very similar feel to it. Airy and a bit nutty. So of the two I would say Nanette Lepore might work.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 24th August 2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: trying scents!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Red face Re: Suggestions in finding "Sweet Sugary" Fragrances?

For sweet fragrances I would suggest my current favourites both Burberry for women.

1. Burberry Brit.

2. Burberry London.

Hope this is of some help!

Indult Tihota
    Lostmarc'h Lann-Ael
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Jour de Fete
    Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum
    Ligne St. Barth Vanille West Indies
    CSP Vanille Extreme, Vanille Amande, Vanille Abricot, Matin Calin

Axe Kilo, BODY Heat, Axe Dark Chocolate.

-Those are just the cheapies though.

Cristobal (Balenciaga) is honey drizzled figs and vanilla.
    Cinema by YSL is quite sweet in a comforting almondy kind of way.
    Rahat Loukoum by Serge Lutens or Keiko Mecheri are tooth-achingly sweet
    Aomassai is ideal if you want a nutty, caramel, vanilla sweetness that never falls into
    the cloying camp.