Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 1 December

Good morning!

I have a busy week ahead (two exams) so started the last month of the year with a blast of fiery spices combined with the cool breeze of fresh herbs: Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum.

Wish you all a smooth start for the week and the month!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 1 December

Bel Ami/Hermes
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Montale - White Musk

Good morning all Sotd is Angel.Feels just right for today.

My newly aquired Chanel Egoiste today

Montale
    Blue Amber

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Habit Rouge - Guerlain. Happy December and holidays all.

Best of luck Tigrushka! Also, welcome to Basenotes, Perfaddict!

I pinched some of my mother's TBS No Debate (she doesn't actually use it but it smells divine!) then decanted her some more Opium, now my SotA/SotE.

Found a few FM samples in the mail from Mecca Cosmetica (our only source for niche perfume here) since they are stocking FM in select stores nationally but not in Canberra (how typical ). I was a bit hesitant to try Dans tes Bras, so I offered some to the little sister who tried it unknowingly. Luckily it was very nice! I'm now waiting for the Opium to fade more to try out DtB myself!
    Last edited by jillsy; 1st December 2008 at 07:30 AM.

L'Artisan Passage d'Enfer

Have a good week all.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Profumo.it again: Muschio di Quercia/Oak Moss today. Very nice so far - woody, but without that hard, pungent edge that I find in a lot of woody fragrances.

I'm wearing new clothes today from the skin out, top to toe. I wanted a new scent, but decided to try something old but hardly worn, so last night I experimented with Guerlain classics - Chamade on one arm, Nahema on the other. This served only to remind me how vile they both are, so instead I'm wearing an old favourite today, one that always makes me feel good:

Rose Absolue by Annick Goutal

Thank you for your kind wishes Tigs - and the same to you!
    Hope you get the grades you need.
    I am waering Cristobal on this cold, icy morning and starting
    to dress the house in it's Christmas finery.

Sur la Plage

Versace The Dreamer

Notes include juniper, artemisia, tarragon, mugwort, linen seed flowers, tobacco, amber, lily, and iris.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dzongkha
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Off to work in a bit wearing Barbara Bui. Have a great day.

Good morning to all Sotd is Chanel Sycomore - Love it
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Belle en Rykiel,

Good morning, all!

Cuir Beluga.

Have a great day!

Perfect scent for a cold and somber day: Bois d'Arménie.

Woods, incense, vanilla.....so warm and comforting.

Have a good start of the week.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Enjoyed my final day in Melbourne, and then back home on the plane! After a long weekend of shopping... I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow. Did some absolutely MAD shopping, and got a fantastic stash of new things. Here's a list:

1 red handbag and 1 black handbag
    2 semi-casual dresses
    1 t-shirt and 1 singlet top
    1 pair of black ballet flats
    3 new summer pyjama sets
    4 gorgeous soaps from a market (scents are chai, berry, freesia/mint, African honey)
    1 Marcs dark-grey cardigan
    Mango green tea
    + Christmas gifts for my brother, sister and boyfriend.

The bags coming back on the plane were FAR heavier than they were going there!! Overall an absolutely fabulous, fun and successful trip!

I wore Nutrimetics Georgie on Ice Gold, which I took on the trip because of its cute, small size. While I was there I found the most wonderful little perfume store! It had many fragrances that can't be found in Australia and need to be ordered online from overseas. I only had a short time to spend in there and to be honest I think I was just overwhelmed by it all. I tried a couple of Vivienne Westwood fragrances while I was there (I liked Let it Rock best). There were some GIANT bottles used for display which belonged to the lady that worked there: Shalimar and Joy are two that I remember. They were ENORMOUS! Not filled with the real fragrance though (I asked).

First - Van Cleef & Arpels
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Goodness! 'Til I read Tavorna's post I thought I had stumbled into the Men's forum - everyone so atypically monosyllabic this ayem!!

Am somewhat pressed for time so will be (somewhat) monosyllabic myself...starting a busy day in...what? Can't make up my mind...haven't been figgy for awhile so perhaps

(that's Figue Amere, SMM!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Tiny bit of vintage Tabac Blond from a sample I got long ago from the most wonderful BNer. This is too good! I need a special ocasion to use up my sample. I don't think I can do much work with my wrist to my nose.

Ta'if
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

YSL

M7

Basenotes Plus

Anne Pliska. Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Cinnabar today.

I can not believe it's December already!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Back to work after the loooong weekend, wearing:

Prada Amber pour Homme

This is a really amazing scent that I took too long to try. This starts off with a nice top of neroli which is quickly joined by patchouli and vanilla which are exquisitely balanced on my skin. The base is mostly vetiver and leather with a light spiciness. This is a real nice piece of work by Daniela Andrier.
    Have a Marvelous Monday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Before I'd decided on my SotD, what should I encounter but a set of samples, courtesy of dear Taolady? So what's a girl to do? Wear everything at once, of course! Ava Luxe Café Noir, Bond no. 9 New Haarlem and Molinard Habanita have found their way onto bits of skin and are wafting away as we speak. I'm enjoying all of them immensely, but to the "outsider" it must be quite the cacaphony of smells. I think everyone should be thankful I have the day off today.
    Many thanks, Taolady!
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bogart pour Homme as SotD
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Scentless today, suffering from a major hangover (Mr Jack Daniel´s and I had a little party all by ourselves)...

ELO's Divin Enfant

Oh dear Musse, strong coffee and an asprin or two for you...shame on Mr. Daniels for taking advantage of you in that way!

Scent twins with *dora* today ~ in Sonia Rykiel's BELLE EN RYKIEL

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    I'm wearing new clothes today from the skin out, top to toe. I wanted a new scent, but decided to try something old but hardly worn, so last night I experimented with Guerlain classics - Chamade on one arm, Nahema on the other. This served only to remind me how vile they both are, so instead I'm wearing an old favourite today, one that always makes me feel good:

Rose Absolue by Annick Goutal
    Now to me, Chamade and Nahema are pure heaven on earth! I love them and treasure them and can't decide which I love more. So today I am wearing Nahema so her feelings won't be hurt! LOL

Nothing like the gorgeous classics from Guerlain. Might wear Venus Sands out to lunch today.

:wave: g'morning, all!

Joop Rococo
    Notes ~Caramel, Ginger, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose, Vanilla
    Last edited by downtothreepetals; 1st December 2008 at 02:21 PM.

Best of luck to Tigs and all others who are preparing for exams! Guaranteed you will smell better than anyone else in your class! May your grades be as high as your perfume standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Perfect scent for a cold and somber day: Bois d'Arménie.

Woods, incense, vanilla.....so warm and comforting.

Have a good start of the week.
    Bear Sister, you smell WONDERFUL, and I *still* haven't located my bottle of Bd'A! I fear it is gone for good. How could I lose an entire bottle of perfume?!? ::need to ALSO locate that animated smilie banging its head against the wall and insert here::

Ahem. Okay, then. To quote Taolady, DEEP breaths. Right. Sorry. Ahem.

Anyway, speaking of Taolady, today I am wearing the lovely Missoni EDP, courtesy of said great lady. And for those of you who also love it, please note it's on deep sale at Parfum1.com, which is also offering a 25% discount on everything over the next few days!

Missoni fragrance Notes: Radiant Yellow Accord, Bergamot, Magnolia, Loquat, Chocolate Brown Accord, Gianduja Chocolate, Amber, Magenta Pink Accord, Peony, Rose, Intense Oranges Accord, Mandarin, Bitter Orange, Persimmon
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

I'm wearing my Oud from Egypt, thanks to LIB for this bottle.
    No other oud comes close. This is powerful and smooth, the bitterness integrated into the sweetness, with no harsh topnotes separating out. The scent of a bouquet of saffron and rose is wrapped in "leather" and carried on a cool breeze.

Prada Infusion d'Iris

Carnal Flower

Gorgeous classics from Guerlain indeed. I'm wearing Shalimar edc this morning.

It's the 1st of December! Have a good day everybody.

Good morning! I'm off to work wearing a sample of Padparadscha Satellite, courtesy of a BNer (thanks!). It is spicy/woodsy/smoky and very compelling. Looking forward to lots of sneaky BN salutes throughout the day.

Have a good one, all!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Good morning, my darling snifferettes! Riannon tells me she's got tea and apple pie to warm and cheer her. DH and I have already downed the pot of coffee, soon we'll break with tea and a lemon-cream pie my daughter makes. Ah, the comforts of winter. (SIX INCHES of snow last night.)

Have Boucheron on my wrists, but I know I'll get antsy in a while and will start layering with Hindu Kush or TBS patchouli to revive olfactory thrills ... or Mr. Mailman may deliver other new goodies.

Iris Taizo on an almost-springlike morning in Manhattan.

Another day in the divine L'HEURE BLEUE for me

Histoires de Parfums - 1725 Casanova

Uomo? Moschino

I'm wearing Prada - Prada today. I wore it yesterday, and all last week. I'm probably wearing it tomorrow.
    Sometimes I have the same lunch everyday for weeks, too.
    Last edited by debbborra; 1st December 2008 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    I'm wearing Prada - Prada today. I wore it yesterday, and all last week. I'm probably wearing it tomorrow.
    Sometimes I have the same lunch everyday for weeks, too.
    I love this one too, and check your local TJMaxx for a great deal on the refill, I saw it for under 30.00!

Continuing the Guerlain trend in Nahema. Got no sleep last night due to odd electronic noise somewhere in the horizon that never stopped, so very grouchy this morning. But not too grouchy to wish everyone a great Monday!

Good morning to you as well, Leesee.

$30 at TJ Maxx? That's depressing. I spent a fortune on it.

Bandit layered with my own ongoing Oud project.

Normally I use Bandit only when in India, but it's ok in the cold and dry Swedish winter as well. It's less leathery and more herby in this climate, also a little sharp and linear compared to how it behaves in warm and moist conditions. The oud countered all those "problems" well and the result was really pleasant, but I prefer both on their own.

Tomorrow I'll go back wearing the Oud alone and let Bandit rest until summer or India.

Today I'm in Chanel's gorgeous 31 Rue Cambon.

Yves Rocher Vanille Bourbon

SL Fleurs d'Oranger

UPS just dropped off my Dazzling Silver and my PC Tuberose Gardenia and Amber Ylang Ylang samples.
    I decided to try the samples first and my reactions are completely different. I am enjoying the Amber Ylang Ylang, it's warm, bubbly and beautiful. The Tuberose Gardenia is a real screecher on me and I have had that issue with too many gardenias. It's not that it's artificial per se, but that it's like pushing your nose into the center of a gardenia, stong and almost bitter to my nose. The tuberose is not tempering the gardenia at this time and this needs either something woody or powdery to save it.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 1st December 2008 at 05:48 PM.

Bond No. 9 New Haarlem from a sample. To get me started on the work week with the smell of caffeine, if not the real thing.

Crayfish

Poor Musse--add water to the coffee and aspirin!

I'm teaching today, so that means something relatively tame.

SotD: JM White Jasmine & Mint

Have a good one, all.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Un Jardin en Mediterranee by Hermes
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Wearing a blast from the past today:

Diorella
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/