Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default What Does "Love in White" do on your skin?

Hi I got a sample of Creed's love in white today from a respectable online perfume dealer and when I smelt it right out of bottle it smelled exactly like I thought it would, a bouquet of creamy white flowers. i put a dap of it on my skin and it stayed that way for about 5 seconds, then it quickly morphed into what smelled like sour cream, i swear i felt nauseated. sour cream is a good smell when you want it to be there, like when your about to take a bite out of a taco, but with white flowers it was horrifying, then the scent went back to normal and then went back to sour cream, and it kept on switching until the fragrance left my skin. This was a real let down from Creed, because I love their Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse and Fleurissimo is my second favorite floral(second only to Yves Rochas's Vie Privee) so what's up with this?

Default Re: What Does "Love in White" do on your skin?

Behaves pretty well actually, stays like a salty clean white floral on me. It can be a little sharp in the opening but I never get cream, sour or otherwise.

Now there is a Creed that starts off beautifully and then just wilts on me, but LIW is pretty dependable. I don't wear it much as it's one of my daughter's great faves.

Blog Entries

Love in White was an overdose of nasty Tonka & vanilla of the most synthetic type. I really disapprove of this sort of pandering to the easy soft spot of vanillas (our cupcake response) which seem pleasing at first and turn into monstrous overdoses very quickly.

Surprising really, I dont get a "whallop" of tonka or vanilla as kumquat above ^ .. a heavy frenchie perfume this is not.

The salty-steamy note in Love in White (with very light hay like undertones) is the rice husk note, certainly the most expertly executed in any perfume I have smelt. The note melds with with the creamy white flowers heart which is restrained by the orange zest in the top notes on a base of toned down vanilla and sandalwood...the overall impression is of a zesty salty clean floral.

I dont think its overly feminine .. heck I wear it sometimes Anyone who doesnt like their Love in White bottle or decants can please send them to me ...
    Last edited by zztopp; 2nd December 2008 at 05:40 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Surprising really, I dont get a "whallop" of tonka or vanilla as kumquat above ^ .. a heavy frenchie perfume this is not.

The salty-steamy note in Love in White (with very light hay like undertones) is the rice husk note, certainly the most expertly executed in any perfume I have smelt. The note melds with with the creamy white flowers heart which is restrained by the orange zest in the top notes on a base of toned down vanilla and sandalwood...the overall impression is of a zesty salty clean floral with a

I dont think its overly feminine .. heck I wear it sometimes Anyone who doesnt like their Love in White bottle or decants can please send them to me ...
    Maybe you could share? I think LIW is a pretty restrained scent and I'm looking forward to Love in Black as well which is supposed to be the sultry one.

I find it inoffensive at first, but really unpleasant in the heart/drydown. The floral notes give way to something I don't even know how to put words to.

But what's worse is Love in BLACK. It's the opposite--horrible at first, and tolerable in the drydown. The topnote reminds me of an institutional cleaning solvent (very harsh and chemical), and the drydown allows some soft red berry notes to emerge.

A weird pair, for sure.
    Last edited by andylama; 2nd December 2008 at 06:03 AM.