Code of Conduct

Default Spearmint? best fragance?

HI,which is the best fragance with predominant note is "Spearmint"?
    I discover this smell and really like (i,m in peppermint/spearmint periode,arghhhhhh)
    thanks in advance
    PD: only spearmint not peppermint.
    Last edited by Dry_Martini; 14th November 2008 at 06:38 AM.
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Default Re: Spearmint? best fragance?

Heeley's Menthe Fraiche

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Cartier Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Cartier Roadster
    Second that. I'm not a fan but my review in the thread here was that of Spearmint Trident. It is a major component.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

calvin klein man!

thanks

Cartier Roadster
    S.T. Dupont Noir.

Basenotes Institution

Dry_Martini I'm interested in what differences you detect between the smell of spearmint and peppermint?

I love mint also, but I've never side-by-side sniffed two different mint notes. Personally my nose smells just 'mint'. But now my curiosity is piqued.

Durbano's Jade.

Can I hijack your thread and ask for Peppermint-dominant scents?

I wore Cool Water two days in the row just for the peppermint. I would love to have something else. I looooooooooooooooooooooove peppermint.

Menthe Moderne by DSH Perfumes -

A modernist approach to interpreting mint fragrance; it is wonderfully cool and fresh, but more Green and like a garden than like chewing gum.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Dry_Martini I'm interested in what differences you detect between the smell of spearmint and peppermint?

I love mint also, but I've never side-by-side sniffed two different mint notes. Personally my nose smells just 'mint'. But now my curiosity is piqued.
    Mint is more dry and more "sad" f(or example the mint of Pasha is horrible for me,)the spearmint is more fresh and more chewing gum aura. IMO

PD:really really curious with menthe moderne,and durbanos jade is similar to IMperial Jade A.Brown ?(this like many)
    *Aramis Surface have a "modern mint" too
    Last edited by Dry_Martini; 20th November 2008 at 07:31 PM.

Basenotes Institution

OK, I think I understand. I think also Derby by Guerlain features mint, but perhaps in the way that Pasha does (?). Personally I didn't think Derby was mint-y at all.

Dry_Martini have you tried Mint (Series 1: Leaves) by Comme des Garcons? It's discontinued but I happened to find some in a fragrance shop in Sweden. It's extremely fresh & uplifting, as you've described. Perhaps more of a mint leaf accord than straight up mint smelling. Of course I love Peppermint (Series 5: Sherbet) by CdG also, but you asked for spearmint rec's.

IMO Roadster features a mint note that is not 'fresh' and 'cooling' - it's rather sweet and smooth. Like the mint in a candy cane.

Peppermint is cool and fresh and sweet whereas spearmint has a greener smell along with it. If you can recall the difference in spearmint and peppermint gum, the oils quite accurately reflect those differences. There is also cornmint oil (mentha arvensis), which is pepperminty but not quite so sweet, and also higher in menthol (the fresh almost camphory effect is predominantly the result of menthol), which is often used in peppermint flavorings as well.

I haven't sniffed many spearmint oriented frags - in fact the only one I can think of is Calvin Klein Man which is actually quite good if a bit tame. It's a lightly green, fresh, spearmint and bay over cypress scent. Smells fairly natural too. It's been 'tamed' though, and the aromatic tendency of spearmint toned down, no doubt an attempt to make it appealing to a wider base.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I sound like a broken record, but here I go again: Moroccan Min Tea by Ava Luxe. Rully.
    I can't be quite sure as to the difference between peppermint and spearmint, but minty it is.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams