Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default By Kilian fragrances

I recently sampled Straight to Heaven, and found it pretty interesting. What else would you recommend a guy to try from this line? I did a search, and found most of the talk about Straight to Heaven from this line. Is this the best for a guy from By Kilian?

After seeing the price difference between the regular bottle and refill on luckyscent, I thought its from By Kilian itself. However, I have just found out there are 1 litre refill bottles and not 50ml. My guess is luckyscent is selling it in 50ml from the 1litre bottle. I am trying to find out the price of the 1 litre bottle, and perhaps we could do a BN buy if there is much interest in Straight to Heaven and it is cost effective.
    Last edited by Mudassir; 2nd December 2008 at 04:57 AM. Reason: added refill info
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Default Re: By Kilian fragrances

I find that Straight to Heaven has too much patchouli for my liking.
    Love has too much vanilla, IMO, in a very cotton-candy way.
    Prelude to Love smells 'green', herbaceous.
    Taste of Heaven is the only one that interests me. It has a comfortable, fresh Lavender-Vanilla smell.
    Have not tried Dangerous Liaisons or Cruel Intentions though.

I LOVE Straight to Heaven - it's one of my favorites actually.
    You should try A Taste of Heaven for a deliciously comforting vanilla lavender scent.
    Cruel Intentions is either you love it or hate it from what I've seen... It's hard to describe but I personally really like it!
    Love (cotton candy sweetness) is fantastic, but not masculine at all, nor is Beyond Love (really incredible tuberose). Liasons is a really nice jammy rose, and Prelude is also really nice but I haven't really been able to give it a full sample yet.
    Naysayers say nay, but I really enjoy the impeccable packaging, gorgeous presentation, and most importantly, well crafted scents that have wonderful longevity and totally unique compositions.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I absolutely love Straight to Heaven. In fact, FINALLY, I get to make the purchase next paycheck. YAY!! But, back on topic, I have only tried Cruel Intentions other than STH and did not like it.

I love straight to Heaven and a taste of heaven as i have made up my mind to get those in the next couple of weeks

I tried Straight to Heaven and think it's an absolute knockout, but so is the price!

The only two I thought were interesting were Straight to Heaven and A taste of Heaven, but I am still on the fence if they are bottle worthy

If they were under $100 I would say yes, but at the price they are, they just don't excite me or unique enough, but I have not sampled them enough

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    The only two I thought were interesting were Straight to Heaven and A taste of Heaven, but I am still on the fence if they are bottle worthy

If they were under $100 I would say yes, but at the price they are, they just don't excite me or unique enough, but I have not sampled them enough
    Completely agreed, particularly on the price point. Ridiculous, IMO.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Blog Entries

Just added the info I found about refill bottles in the original post. 1 litre?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Just added the info I found about refill bottles in the original post. 1 litre?!
    Isn't that 1000ml 2500.00 USD per litre??
    Last edited by silverbullet; 2nd December 2008 at 05:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Isn't that 1000ml 2500.00 USD per litre??
    I hope not! Luckyscent is selling the 50ml refill for $115. I assume the 1litre refill will definitely be less than $2000. Perhaps somewhere around $1500 range.

I was happy when I smelled Straight to Heaven, because I almost guessed all the notes in it (except for brazilian rosewood, I thought it was fig or coconut). Still, i was uninpressed by the overal scent. A Taste of Heaven is just dissapointing and it made me quit trying to find a FBW in this house.

Do not you just hate it when the random spoilsport posts just because he can? OK I leave now.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I have samples of all the 6, i ll try again the others i don t remember but i can say that straight to heaven is nice, although not bottle worthy in my opinion, but what is sure is that i really hate one of the a taste of heaven's note. Can t identify which one it is, since i like lavander.

But there s something i really don t like in this one.

Love and beyond love are very very sweet but nice, and i ll give another wearing to the two others and will edit my post later on.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

I haven't smelt any of them and have had many chances to do so whilst in Paris. I'll be back there in a couple of weeks and guess what? I still have no plans to seek them out - for the price they're charging (as well as the lukewarm revierws in general) I really have no interest in this house, not even the slightest bit of curiosity. For me, this is very unnatural but I guess that says it all.

Now, you can section me...

i remember someone here did post the price difference. and unfortunately, it's not much of a difference like the Tomfords or the Le Labos.

i have sampled STH, ATOH just once, in a bar . i loved both but cudnt actually enjoy the scent the way i typically like to sample(which is in the comfort of my house)...however, i do have two original samples of Cruel Intentions...and i savor it...

imho, it's one of the best scents out there. it's boozy, dark rose covered with lovely vanilla pods, oudh and woody notes on a base of lovely resin bases incense and earthy vetiver. the tone of the scent is brown. it starts with in a very boozy, sharp, iodised chocolate note moving to a powdery mids of gentle oudh and then to a base of earthy vetiver and incense....i would drop my Cash on this and Lartisan Voleur Du Roses - retail price. it;s worth it.

People often complain and whine about the outrageous pricing for the package..but hell, whats wrong wiht that...i understand it's really worth it. i dont see a Guerlain thread getting thrashed just coz guys would love to pay those extra 100's of pounds for the Bee Bottle. i mean, whats wrong with that? really sorry to see some veterans get into such discussions of buying a scent if it comes under so and so rate. and not actually dicussing the merits of the scent itself. if one can't afford it, move on.
    Last edited by jenson; 2nd December 2008 at 12:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I haven't smelt any of them and have had many chances to do so whilst in Paris. I'll be back there in a couple of weeks and guess what? I still have no plans to seek them out - for the price they're charging (as well as the lukewarm revierws in general) I really have no interest in this house, not even the slightest bit of curiosity. For me, this is very unnatural but I guess that says it all.

Eh?! Whats the point of posting if you haven't even given the fragrances a try to form an opinion one way or the other- regardless of the pricing factor?:-)

Trebor, please please try Straight to Heaven and Cruel Intentions. Regardless of the price, however rediculous it may be, I think you owe it to yourself to atleast sample some of the line. To me StH is simply devine, maybe my favorite cologne I have ever smelled, its that good. Cruel Intention, while not my favorite, seems to be a love it or hate thing and those who love it, REALLY love it. I realize the various factors you stated that are turning you off from the brand as a whole, but if you can possibly find the time the next time you have an opportunity I think you should definitely try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roc_Xel View Post
    I have samples of all the 6, i ll try again the others i don t remember but i can say that straight to heaven is nice,
    for me your "is nice" is too little for a over 200bucks for 50ml scent
    i bet you can sell empty refill for a 50 bucks with ease, ridiculous
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Trebor, please please try Straight to Heaven and Cruel Intentions. Regardless of the price, however rediculous it may be, I think you owe it to yourself to atleast sample some of the line. To me StH is simply devine, maybe my favorite cologne I have ever smelled, its that good. Cruel Intention, while not my favorite, seems to be a love it or hate thing and those who love it, REALLY love it. I realize the various factors you stated that are turning you off from the brand as a whole, but if you can possibly find the time the next time you have an opportunity I think you should definitely try them out.
    Okay... you've twisted my arm... [sighs]

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Eh?! Whats the point of posting if you haven't even given the fragrances a try to form an opinion one way or the other- regardless of the pricing factor?:-)
    Because I can...

Okay... you've twisted my arm... [sighs]
    By no means am I trying to tell you what to do. I GREATLY respect your opinions and look up to you as a fragrance expert. I am simply trying to avoid people that have an opportunity to smell it missing out . I always look forward to your opinions and this instance is no different. Enjoy!
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 2nd December 2008 at 02:08 PM.

By no means am I trying to tell you what to do. I GREATLY respect your opinions and look up to you as a fragrance expert.
    ohhhhhh someone out there in UK is blushing. btw mtgprox05, trebor rarely likes any scents.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    ohhhhhh someone out there in UK is blushing. btw mtgprox05, trebor rarely likes any scents.
    Really I haven't noticed that. I listen closely to all of you guys, whether you like a scent or dislike it etc, I try to compare my opinions to yours, I'm a newbie so I can learn a lot from all of you.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 2nd December 2008 at 02:22 PM.

Really I haven't noticed that. I listen closely to all of you guys, whether you like a scent or dislike it etc, I try to compare my opinions to yours, I'm a newbie so I can learn a lot from all of you.
    oh count me in a a big fan of Trebor too....i like the way he Treborizes the scents

Just consider me a man that's hard to please...

oh count me in a a big fan of Trebor too....i like the way he Treborizes the scents
    LOL! Cheers!
    Last edited by Trebor; 2nd December 2008 at 02:29 PM.

+1. QFT. Many a times when I am about to buy a new scent, Trebor really made me think about it twice!
    Last edited by Omega Man; 2nd December 2008 at 04:35 PM.

StH is one of my favorites, Cruel intentions is another scent from the house that caught my attention, everything else from this house was just kind of blah...

I recently bought Cruel Intentions. I was pretty sure I was going to get Straight to Heaven, but that may be my next by Killian purchase...some day.
    I also tried the new Predule to Love and it was very nice.
    As to the others: A Taste of Heaven was a "no go" for me because I really don't like Lavender, although one time at Saks I sprayed from the wrong bottle and it is not bad. Love is very nice. I would not mind having it in my wardrobe. The tuberose one, I think its name is Beyond Love, is nice and long lasting, but it is not me and I already own Fracas, which brings good and happy memories. Dangerous Liaisons is good, maybe a little too sweet. I need to test that one some more.
    In conclusion the ones I like the best are Cruel Intentions and Straight to Heaven

$1753USD / 20 = $87 for 50ml splits?
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

This is one house I am fully looking fwd to sampling. IMO, any frag is worth what the market will bear, period.
    To me, the fact that their bottles and presentation are so unique and artsy only adds to the mystique, and helps, if anything.
    Now, I just wish I knew how to get hold of them and get some samples.
    Anyone got some they want to part with?
    Really searching for CI and STH, but I would like to sample them all.
    There's my .02
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

I've just discovered that Harvey Nichols stock By Kilian. Looks like I'll have to go down there, tomorrow, to find out what all the fuss is about...

I've just discovered that Harvey Nichols stock By Kilian. Looks like I'll have to go down there, tomorrow, to find out what all the fuss is about...
    There ya go Trebor! Come over to the darkside

There ya go Trebor! Come over to the darkside
    LOL! I'll report back tomorrow.

I don't know if its too later Trebor, but they don't, i've contacted them. It's HN in like Dubai or somewhere that does, afaik Just don't make a special trip all the way there! I have Straight to Heaven and really do enjoy the scent, and haven't tried any others because i'm afraid i'll end up liking too many :P

Hey, Vivek!

Really?! That's what the By Kilian website states. Maybe in future? It's okay, as I've chosen this evening as a great excuse to try out some other stuff. But thanks for warning me.