Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD tuesday 2 December-08

For my 8,888th post it seemed appropriate to wear

No. 88 by Czech & Speake.

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Wooooooaaaaahhhhh! Congratulations, mikeperez23!

I'm in Kelly Calache today. Amazingly, I loathed this the first time I tried it. The leather note smelled like plastic (or pleather), and the floral dimension was plain insipid. Today, however, it smells just lovely: dusty, flowery, creamy .... delicious. So well crafted, and extraordinary sillage. I'm converted. My mother assures me it smells like her old favourite, Antilope.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    I sent yours over the pond just last Friday -- that was FAST! The Fig & Vetiver seems to be the favorite in that set.
    The mail gods must have been in good spirits!
    I think that's a record for me, too.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Basenotes Institution

I'm still in love with Eau de Soir by Sisley so that's what I' m wearing . I splashed out and got the limited edition bottle in black with the amber cap .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 2nd December 2008 at 09:10 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Now that's synchronicity, MikePerez!

SotM: JM Sweet Lime & Cedar

SotA: Roxana Illuminated Rosa over Celine Dion Sensational (still afraid to admit this!)

I had a weird experience with Bal a Versailles on Scent Synchro Day. After Sensational was long gone (or so I thought), I put on BaV. Then I noticed the drydown was incredible--a slightly sweetish and floral vanilla, which is not the usual BaV drydown. The only explanation I can come up with is that the far drydown of Sensational affected this. So now I'm experimenting, layering Sensational with a spicy-ish rose fragrance (which luckily covers the sweet top notes of Sensational.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 2nd December 2008 at 09:10 PM.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Oops, missed SotD for Tuesday - I wore L de Lolita Lempicka in the morning then found TPC samples in the mail (thanks Tang!) so tried Ambre Gris by Balmain. Also tried out En Passant, it was gorgeous but it stung a little on my skin. How strange, I've never had that happen before.

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    All neighbors have decorated their houses with blinking lights in all colors, it´s like watching a tivoli. I´m gonna keep it simple.
    Aww I'm envious. People hardly put lights on their houses where I live. They used to when I lived in Perth though, it was stunning. Love the bright colourful lights!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    BlackCat wants the emoticon for swooning, but I need to find that one for purrrrrrring.
    Swooning, fainting, I can find:

What's the "purring" one look like?

Oh, Queen of the Emoticons, I bow before thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

My SotE is Yardley English Lavender cologne. I recently found this in an old pharmacy. I was thrilled to find a real honest-to-God old-time pharmacy that sold toiletries, filled prescriptions, and has a luncheonette in the back wtih a wood burning fireplace AND North Carolina style barbeque on the menu. I need to go back there soon. Anyway, it's not 8:00 p.m. here yet and I'm ready for bed, lol! I just want to read my book and smell this lovely scent - it's a peppery/geranium/lavender fragrance that dries down to clean soap & water then...poof! It's gone in no time. I can spray it on my pj's and it's perfect for curling up with my book. I hope Basenoters everywhere are well this evening and smelling fine.

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    One of those scents that can't be judged right away, that linger and bloom over time, on the skin.
    I like those scents.

Today, I couldn't help myself. I had to spritz one last spritz of Amouage Dia before I send it away to its new home. And then, I spent all day thinking, "Gee, this drydown smells like Must de Cartier (for women)." So, now I have Must de Cartier on my left arm, and Dia on my right. I'm pungent. That's for sure. I don't know what it is that they both have in common. Citrus, I think. Tonka? Vanilla? Amber? Then musk, perhaps?
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Xeryus as SotE

Top Notes
    Grapefruit, Artemisia.

Middle Notes
    Cypress, Gaiac wood, Chinese Cypriol.

Base Notes

Amber.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Tonight, a bit of Spark, thanks to the fabulously generous Miz Tao.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

Of course, I can't find the one I had in mind, but this would do in a pinch:

Or this?

Yep, it's THAT good.
    Sniff and let sniff.

I remember the BNer who made my Satellite PADPARADSCHA experience possible yesterday. Thank you, Turquoisewater! It's a special one!

Today, I sampled Le Labo ROSE 31, thanks to Aiona's generosity. I am loving this beautiful green rose! It will go on my "favorite roses" list for sure.

Ava Luxe Queen Bess for me today. Perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    For my 8,888th post it seemed appropriate to wear

No. 88 by Czech & Speake.

Lord, brother dearest, you ROCK and you're prolific! Keep up the good work!

My SoTE is Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory. Looooooooove this one!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint this morning.

Jo Malone Sweet Lime & Cedar tonight.

Crayfish

Armani Attitude.
    Gary

Bond No. 9 • Andy Warhol SILVER FACTORY

Smile Re: SotD tuesday 2 December-08

Quote Originally Posted by Makeup Maniac View Post
    Ava Luxe Queen Bess for me today. Perfection.
    I love this one too! Just a beautiful fully spiced rose with that warm and animalic base! Glad you love it too MM, it's surely one of my favorite AL offerings.

Have you tried Rosa de la Luz? It's a stronger sister to her Roses scent.

SotE is Guerlain Shalimar EDP...g'night all