Code of Conduct

Thread: addict.

Blog Entries

Default addict.

i can't help myself!

it's like a drug.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260325591567

Default Re: addict.

It is like a drug, I started to realize when i go out if i perfume on, i can't wait until i get home so I can put some on!!!
    Last edited by lightgreen22; 26th January 2009 at 12:14 AM.

It is, I truly want, regarding perfumes, the bigger, the better, the more expensive.

Help me before I buy again!!

Another similarity between perfume and drugs is that it's more expensive to get the stronger stuff (like EDP or perfume extract)
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    i can't help myself!

it's like a drug.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260325591567

I have the same problem... I went from 13 bottles to over 50 in about 3 weeks...ebay is no help either, just more of a convenience...it's funny though because the mail lady knows me by first name because I have at least one package delivered daily...I need to slow down but I can't help myself when I see something I want (especially when it's a good deal). You are right...It is exactly like a drug!!!!!
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

Blog Entries

Samples are the way to go if you want to try a lot of new scents without going broke!

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Samples are the way to go if you want to try a lot of new scents without going broke!
    Alright...I just bought perfume samples (50 fragrance sample variety) off of eBay for $52.90 with free shipping. That's about $1 per sample, so I consider it a good buy. The listing also states that there are a few extra samples thrown in as a free gift. The list of samples include fragrances that have been on my list to try and some that I have recently seen in the mall and can't wait to test out. I just want to thank you for your wise advice 30 roses!!!! Now I can sample 50 different fragrances without the costly price tag. If I really like one of the samples, then I will purchase the perfume. I can't wait to get my package!!!!!!!
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

Blog Entries

I hope you will find at least one winner among your batch of samples.

What helped really slow my desire for new frags is thinking about the notes and reading reviews. If it sounds like something I already have, I don't feel a major need to even sample it. In the meantime I try to arrange swaps and now I'm selling some things off on ebay too.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I hope you will find at least one winner among your batch of samples.
    Well my samples arrived today and I am plesantly surprised at the great selections. I now can try 54 different scents several times before I decide if I really like them enough to buy. Some of the samples were... ALLURE, ALLURE SENSUELLE, COCO MADEMOISELLE, NO 5, CHANCE, ESCADA, DIOR, VERSACE BABY ROSE, VERSACE ETHEREAL, VERSACE WHITE JEANS, GUESS, BVLGARI, PERRY ELLIS, DOLCE & GABBANA THE ONE, MISSONI, AQUOLINA, ALIEN, ANGEL, ARPEGE, HUGO BOSS and about 30+ more... these should keep me busy for a while...I hope!
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by xXjEnNyXx View Post
    Well my samples arrived today and I am plesantly surprised at the great selections. I now can try 54 different scents several times before I decide if I really like them enough to buy. Some of the samples were... ALLURE, ALLURE SENSUELLE, COCO MADEMOISELLE, NO 5, CHANCE, ESCADA, DIOR, VERSACE BABY ROSE, VERSACE ETHEREAL, VERSACE WHITE JEANS, GUESS, BVLGARI, PERRY ELLIS, DOLCE & GABBANA THE ONE, MISSONI, AQUOLINA, ALIEN, ANGEL, ARPEGE, HUGO BOSS and about 30+ more... these should keep me busy for a while...I hope!
    So did you find any winners

Quote Originally Posted by lightgreen22 View Post
    So did you find any winners
    I only have tried about 7 so far...Found a few winners, some I didn't like, and many more to try out...

I am willing to send the samples that didn't work for me to anybody that may want to try them...so they have a chance to experience new scents just let me know, and I will tell you what the names of the perfumes samples are....A few so far that I didn't like--- Rumeur-Lanvin (leathery, not my style), Aquolina-Pink Sugar (candy sweet, yuck), Angel-Thierry Mugler (Woahh!!!!)...
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

Good for you, one of these days I need to just buy a bunch of blind samples of ebay, happy to hear it worked for you

I have been testing some more of the samples and have found more likes than dislikes Unfortunately this has caused me to purchase some FB from the samples that I really, really liked. I don't know if I will ever stop...I seem to do good for a while then I splurge on a bottle or two at a time...((((sighs))))
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

I've found that a good way to try new things for little money is to swap. Try Make Up Alley for example. It also makes me worry less about buying full bottles - I know I'll share it with others!

Could be worse. You could be addicted to chewing ice.

http://icechewing.iswhaticrave.com/v....php?f=1&t=638

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post

WOW...That was an interesting site...I never knew that there were people with "chewing ice addictions." Lol...I like chewing ice but I am NOT addicted to it. I only chew on it once in a while. As the saying goes 'You learn something new every day'. I guess everyone is addicted to something....I'm just glad my addiction makes me smell good =).....I gave in and purchased some bottles of perfume I found in Marshalls this weekend. They were all on sale and I couldn't resist. They actually had a very good selection and I had trouble choosing....but I did limit myself to 3 bottles.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

WOW...That was an interesting site...I never knew that there were people with "chewing ice addictions." Lol...I like chewing ice but I am NOT addicted to it. I only chew on it once in a while. As the saying goes 'You learn something new every day'. I guess everyone is addicted to something....I'm just glad my addiction makes me smell good =).....I gave in and purchased some bottles of perfume I found in Marshalls this weekend. They were all on sale and I couldn't resist. They actually had a very good selection and I had trouble choosing....but I did limit myself to 3 bottles.
    True dat. I read that some people had even bought commercial ice making machines for home use. But yes, addictions take many forms.

What the hell? Well, maybe not too weird but it's weird there's a forum about it.

I knew a guy who chewed the aluminum can tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    What the hell? Well, maybe not too weird but it's weird there's a forum about it.

I knew a guy who chewed the aluminum can tabs.

I like this post from the ice chewing forum

"Ugh I know what you mean. I used to work as a cashier in a grocery store and it was so hard ringing up bags of ice without busting them open and taking a few cups. Because I couldn't get it when I wanted I was always super moody."

and

"I have actually purchased a SCOTSMAN MDT2C12 TOUCHFREE CUBELET ICE MAKER/DISPENSER!! (Found on e-bay, paid $2250 for the thing) This is THEE machine that makes SONIC ice. I swear I have this down to a science . . . . If I take out about a pitcher's worth of ice ( and give it to my plants so I'm not "wasting water") then the machine kicks in and starts making that amazing ice that sticks to your teeth . . the really fresh cool stuff. I will literally chew ice until I am shivering, and sometimes I will go to bed with a front toothache that radiates up past my nose and into my forehead. I've actually wrapped in a heating blanket, chewing ice, as I'm watching tv, using the computer, etc. I chew ice when I'm folding laundry, cleaning the windows, polishing the floor, driving, taking a bath . . . it's out of control I know!!! I have 2 chipped molars due to chewing, but my dentist has never lectured me. I know for a fact that I chew over 10 lbs a day because of the amount the ice machine can produce."
    Last edited by adonis; 1st May 2009 at 10:27 PM.

True dat. I read that some people had even bought commercial ice making machines for home use. But yes, addictions take many forms.
    Thats a real addiction to ice....needing a commercial ice machine in your house.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

Thats a real addiction to ice....needing a commercial ice machine in your house.
    I remember during my high school tennis years that the court we practiced on had the best ice machine ever!! I've been searching for ice like it for a very long time and nothing comes close so if I ever find an ice machine like that again I will by it imediatley

Quote Originally Posted by adonis (quoting some ice addict) View Post

"I have actually purchased a SCOTSMAN MDT2C12 TOUCHFREE CUBELET ICE MAKER/DISPENSER!! (Found on e-bay, paid $2250 for the thing) This is THEE machine that makes SONIC ice. I swear I have this down to a science . . . . If I take out about a pitcher's worth of ice ( and give it to my plants so I'm not "wasting water") then the machine kicks in and starts making that amazing ice that sticks to your teeth . . the really fresh cool stuff."
    At the risk of sounding like a scary ice addict, I have to say that Sonic has the most amazing ice ever and if it wasn't $2250 I'd have to seriously consider.

Quote Originally Posted by jwpianoboe View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a scary ice addict, I have to say that Sonic has the most amazing ice ever and if it wasn't $2250 I'd have to seriously consider.
    You're actually making me feel better about my fragrance addiction

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaSa View Post
    I've found that a good way to try new things for little money is to swap. Try Make Up Alley for example. It also makes me worry less about buying full bottles - I know I'll share it with others!

I went on makeup alley and all I want to say is THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!...I am already swapping some of the perfumes that don't work for me with others I like.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3