Thread: QUICK...What would you choose?
Hi fellow Basenoters Imagine you've been granted 10 seconds and unlimited funds to buy 3 (currently available) fragrances of your choice. What would you buy and why?
(I apologize up front if this thread has previously been posted.)
1. Joy (perfume). I've never smelled the perfume version, and would love to smell this iconic scent.
2. 31, rue Cambon. I'm down to the last 0.5 mL of my 8 mL EDT decant, I'm hopelessly addicted to it,
and would love a full bottle.
3. The newly released Kelly Caleche extrait. I adore the KC EDT and fully believe that the extrait will be amazing.
What would you choose?
Last edited by pomander; 3rd December 2008 at 04:47 AM.
Assuming they're available I'd go with 3 Guerlain parfums
Vol de Nuit
Two ounces each!
L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007-- unaffordable otherwise
Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare-- same reason
SL Bois de Violette (because I haven't smelled it yet, and want to.)
Carnal Flower - I am a huge tuberose fan and it is the best tuberose scent I have ever smelled.
No 22 by Chanel - some stories and some memories were linked to this
Beyond Love by Kilian - so I have heard this is also a great tuberose scent,
FM, Musc Ravageur
Serge Lutens, Rousse
- Habit Rouge parfum by Guerlain - it's new; I love HR EdC; it's a limited edition
- Black Orchid parfum by Tom Ford - I love BO, and the parfum I've sampled is even better, albeit it's way out of my price range (+$400)
- The largest bottle of vintage Shalimar parfum by Guerlain I could find (if not the largest bottle of new juice!) - this is a classic, who wouldn't want to own a large bottle of the very best?
Last edited by mikeperez23; 3rd December 2008 at 05:44 AM.
"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"
-- Eckhart Tolle
Guerlain Spirituese Double Vanille
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, and
Le Labo Vanille 44
Yes, you can call me crazy
PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather
Fougere Bengale - Carnal Flower - Iris Silver Mist
Very first things that popped into my head.
Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist - true Iris
Serge Lutens Borneo 1834 - unsniffed because I have lemmed this since I first read a description for it years ago
Dior Homme EDT - this wears on me like a warmer, longer lasting Apres L'Ondee
Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos
Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *
Oooh! Trolley dash!!!
Just because they're the first things that pop into my head, and unashamedly influenced by the brilliant answers above...
the biggest bottles of extrait I can get my paws on of:
Caron Tabac Blond
Gosh. I didn't know what I was going to put for the last one and Tabac Blond popped out. Well, well.
"A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel
I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729
1) Bond No 9 Chinatown (don't own it yet; the only subtle gourmand on the planet; utterly gorgeous)
2) Une Fleur de Cassie (if there were a "scent-track" for my life, it would be this; don't own it because it is expensive and does not last one me; on my perpetual wishlist)
3) Jo Malone Dark Amber and Ginger Lily (recently discovered, hard to get, has that resiny 60's vibe but elegant at the same time; gotta have amber in the collection)
Can I cheat?
I'd invest in some extremely expensive and wanted scents, resell and set aside the funds for future fragrance purchases.
I'm still so much in the exploratory phase that I'd be loathe to settle for what I know now. I could be wasting those unlimited funds, after all.
With that in mind:
1. Any SL exclusive bell jar
2. Some vintage gem
3. L'Artisan Fleurs d'Oranger or perhaps Iris Pallida
It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.
Jicky parfum - I've never actually tried the parfum, but if money were no object for a few minutes, I'd take the opportunity to grab it. I do love the Jicky EdT.
Dzing! - Love it, and I know I would wear it, because I've gone through a large sample and a larger decant quite quickly.
Probably Kenzo Amour Le Parfum for #3, though I feel like I should be picking something more classic.
1) A blind buy (because one is just SURE that next sample coming in the mail will be THE ONE): Privet Bloom
2) A crate of Stella Rose Absolute for DH because he'll never tire of wearing it.
3) A gallon of Djedi so I could make decants for everybody here.
Chanel Cuir de Russie parfum
SL Borneo 1834
Scent Systems Wild Violets
Amouage Jubilation 25
Petty small minded people have no place in my life.
In no particular order:
Amouage - Dia
A gallon of Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
a liter/keg of Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
L'Artisan Fleurs d'Oranger 2005 (haven't tried either but have heard the 2005 is nicer)
SL bell jar of Datura Noir
POTL Luctor et Emergo EDP
"It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry
Vero Profumo Onda because the reviews have been so cool.
Chanel Cuir de Russie. I don't know why.
Penhaligon Hammam Bouquet, for the historical adventure.
All of them because they're expensive and I normally wouldn't buy them.
Armani Privée Cuir Amethyst - a new love
Olivier Durbano Rock Crystal - have wanted a full bottle of this for nigh on 6 months!
Washington Tremlett Black Tie - my wardrobe is seriously lacking a good men's floral.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER
Where once there was no scents to it all, now the world opens before me!
A custom perfume by Francis Kirkdijian (unlimited funds, eh?)
Le Labo Vanille 44..a large vat
Liaisons Dangereuse By Kilian..a similarly large vat
Check out our art car!
In a way, this is like deciding what decants to take on a trip. I find I always want one citrus cologne type, one amber and an oriental. Two more types that I often reach for--soapy/clean or a chypre/fougere. However, I have not yet settled on what my HG's for those are. As it stands:
1) Guerlalin Shalimar (parfum or EDP)
2) Chanel Eau de Cologne
3) Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe
L'Air du Desert Marocain
Let Me Play the Lion
Un Parfum des Sens Et Bois
Prada Infusion d'Homme
JPG Fleur de Male la Cologne (this would be blind... I'm intrigued at the possibility of a wearable version of FdM)
Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 4th December 2008 at 05:45 AM.
Iris Pallida 50ml
Ungaro I 75ml
and more! - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more