Code of Conduct

Default Have you seen the new Keiko Mecheri bottles?

Take a look on Luckyscent's website.
    They're beautiful, but I think a bit derivative of the Tom Ford private collection bottles. Which is not surprising, given that her original bottles (the long skinny rectangular ones, not the squatter ones of her second packaging round) were derivative of the Serge Lutens export bottles. I note that her Bois de Santal is now featured in both the women's and the men's sections.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Have you seen the new Keiko Mecheri bottles?

Oh I love KM's new bottles- I think they look mysterious and classy - much better than the old transparent 'generic' bottles. I'm eyeing Genie De Bois !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I have been eyeing that wonderful Loukhoum trio on Luckyscent! The new bottles are fab...a bit of a nod to Guerlain's Purple Fantasy flacon!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 6th December 2008 at 09:21 AM.

You're absolutely right, Dimitri. Those bottles must be the lovechild of the Tom Ford and Purple Fantasy bottles! The word "Mogador" sure looks a lot more exotic on this dark, mysterious-looking bottle than it was on the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Oh I love KM's new bottles- I think they look mysterious and classy - much better than the old transparent 'generic' bottles. I'm eyeing Genie De Bois !
    Mysticknot, I am also a Genie des Bois fan - it's on my wish list. To me, it's a perfectly balanced, softly beautiful violet woods combo. I do already have a bottle of Umé in the old bottle. The new one looks like a distinct improvement!

This house has changed their bottles more times than necessary, IMHO. Obviously, for some reason, they've got an identity crisis going on. And why is the Loukhoum available in 50ml, as opposed to 75ml in the previous two bottle designs?

Reformulation, anyone?

It's funny, I just saw them yesterday and immediately starting researching this line, so I could figure out which one to buy. Never had much interest before.

Well, now the penny has dropped. About 2 months ago, I tried to purchase Loukhoum from liberty.co.uk. Over a month later and it still wasn't in stock so they cancelled all the orders.

Liberty now no longer stocks Keiko Mecheri, so where on earth in the UK can you buy? I'm not impressed I have to say. I don't think Liberty was informed of the change in design; they just said couldn't get it. I would've waited if they said there was redesign going on to be completed shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    This house has changed their bottles more times than necessary, IMHO. Obviously, for some reason, they've got an identity crisis going on. And why is the Loukhoum available in 50ml, as opposed to 75ml in the previous two bottle designs?

Reformulation, anyone?
    Very good point. I think you said it all!