Code of Conduct

Default Placing an order with Luckyscent. 3 free samples. Help me pick!!!

I'm placing an order over $50 and they said you can usually expect to receive 3 free samples with an order greater than $50. Make me a list of 10!

L'Air du desert marocain by Tauer Perfumes

I'm 21
    Work in an office
    Live in Southern Cali.

Creed? SMW? I don't care to try GIT.

I'll be thinking hard, but I want your input as well.

Thanks Basenoters.
    Last edited by Mires; 4th December 2008 at 02:14 AM.

Default Re: Placing an order with Luckyscent. 3 free samples. Help me pick!!!

What did you order? That'll help us know what to suggest.

I really like A&F Fierce but don't wear it. I know every kid in high school does, regardless, I like it but will never wear it.

I wear Burberry London daily.

Most scents aimed at my age group are light and clean. Like Aqua Di Gio. I'm not looking for those scents.

Serge Lutens Chergui, Comme Des Garcons Sequoia & Montale Black Aoud for sure.

Are you ordering this?

I'll probably make a list from the Top Picks

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post

Are you ordering this?
    yes

Having just ordered from LS today myself, I'm going to suggest three fragrances that are obscure that you may never otherwise choose.... if these don't appeal to you try others from these lines:

Profumum Dulcis et Fundo (amber/citrus)

Farmacita Nunziata del 1561 Chia (gourmand)

Mazzolari Lui (patchouli/leather)

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Having just ordered from LS today myself, I'm going to suggest three fragrances that are obscure that you may never otherwise choose.... if these don't appeal to you try others from these lines:

Profumum Dulcis et Fundo (amber/citrus)

Farmacita Nunziata del 1561 Chia (gourmand)
    I will list these and place faith in you bbBD. I'm not interested in pathcouli leather at the moment.

I believe I will list these as well, this is the Top Sellers for Men list from LS:
    Divine "l'homme Sage"
    Comme des Garcons "Sequoia"
    Mark Birley
    La Base For Him
    FRANK "No. 2"
    Comme des Garcons "#2"
    Ginestet "Le Boise"
    Profumum "Antico Caruso"
    Keiko Mecheri "Oliban"
    (Tauer "L'air du desert Marocain")

Quote Originally Posted by Mires View Post
    yes
    If you are not too keen on getting any samples...save $13 and instead order L'air right here for like US$87

http://www.tauerperfumes.com/website...hk=1&Itemid=41

They just sent email on a new L'Artisan scent. That might be a good one to try.

Fleur de Liane notes
    green notes, sap, guava, magnolia, tuberose, frangipani, marigold, guaiac and cedarwood, vetiver, patchouli, moss

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...5248&section=2

Luckyscent has a fantastic selection - so much so it's hard to choose!

Some my favorite fragrances fragrances that are the opposite of fresh and clean but still "safe" for the office:

Fougere Bengale - rich tobacco gourmand
    Fumidus - dry, tarry, smoky, vetiver
    Bois Blond - dry, grassy, ambery
    L'Air Du Desert Marocain - what can I say, it's Basenotes' favorite frag...
    Comme Des Garcons EdP - spicy and totally unique

Check out one of CdG's Incense series - my favorite is Avignon, but each has its own fanbase here.

I'd also recommend Tauer's Lonestar Memories, Eau D'Italie's Bois D'Ombrie and Montale's Oud Cuir d'Arabie if you're seeking something distinctly rich, dirty and masculine... but not for the office!
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 4th December 2008 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    If you are not too keen on getting any samples...save $13 and instead order L'air right here for like US$87

http://www.tauerperfumes.com/website...hk=1&Itemid=41
    I assumed it would arrive at my house much faster. I am leaving for a couple days this coming weekend.

Thanks for the faith in my selections - here's a couple more:

Profumum Volo AZ 686 (Gardenia gourmand - very odd but enjoyable. Lasts forever)

Parfumerie Generale Querelle (PG's heavy-hitter vetiver)

Montale Chypre Vanille or Bois Vanille - two very different interpretations of vanilla, neither of which are sweet. Bois Vanille is a boozy wood fragrance, and Chypre Vanille is a powdery chypre with twinges of vanilla. Neither of these are mentioned often, and they're two of my favorite Montales.

Domenico Caraceni 1913....sample it while you can!

Definitely try Montale Black Aoud for sure.... i ordered a sample of it from Luckyscent and now i know why it gets all the raves...the scent last for the longest time on any colognes i have ever used.

Lots of good suggestions so far. I'd add a few L'Artisans to the list - Passage d'Enfer, Fou d'Absinthe and Dzing! You also might want to try Let Me Play the Lion, given what you're ordering.

thanks everybody.

I'll add most of these to the list and see which they send me!

CdG Ouarzazate (if you like LDDM then you will probably like this.)
    PG L'Ombre Fauve
    Profumum Victrix
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

AHHH!

Its back ordered on luckyscent until "mid-december."

Quote Originally Posted by Mires View Post
    AHHH!

Its back ordered on luckyscent until "mid-december."
    AHHHH! is backordered? Damn that sucks, I was going to get myself a bottle to go with my bottle of OHHHH!
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

sucks indeed

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    AHHHH! is backordered? Damn that sucks, I was going to get myself a bottle to go with my bottle of OHHHH!
    funny stuff

I ordered L'Air du Desert Marocain from Luckyscent too (eagerly waiting for it to arrive ). I picked those three samples:

Jubilation XXV by Amouage
    Cuba by Czech & Speake
    Ouarzazate by Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    I ordered L'Air du Desert Marocain from Luckyscent too (eagerly waiting for it to arrive ). I picked those three samples:

Jubilation XXV by Amouage
    Cuba by Czech & Speake
    Ouarzazate by Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense
    Three very nice fragrances. Although you could have saved by ordering straight from Andy.

Morning Star

I would go for samples you cannot get easily elsewhere (e.g. Profumum).
    With that in mind ...

Profumum Thundra
    either Profumum Acqua di Sale or Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 Hyle (very similar oceanics)
    BOIS 1920 Extreme
    Montale Black Aoud
    Czech and Speake No. 88 or Frankincense & Myrrh

I ordered from Andy. Very cool guy. I will be here in a couple days.

I also ordered Dzing! , Tea For Two, Voleur de Roses, Timbuktu, and Mechant Loup from the L'Artisan website.

Currently on a mint kick and always on a lavender kick

Soon I'll be ordering Pour Homme by Parfum's de Nicolai; I just got Menthe Fraiche by Heeley and you should try Black Aoud or Gris Clair (SL) if you're out of suggestions

best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by zr0e View Post
    Currently on a mint kick and always on a lavender kick

Soon I'll be ordering Pour Homme by Parfum's de Nicolai; I just got Menthe Fraiche by Heeley and you should try Black Aoud or Gris Clair (SL) if you're out of suggestions

best of luck
    I'm going to order some samples from luckyscent.

So far I have
    Montale - Black Aoud
    Profumum - Thunda
    Domenico Caraceni 1913

Still looking for a few more. Not sure what I'm going to choose though.

You should at least try L'homme Sage, me thinks.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature