Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday 4 December

Good morning!

Guerlain Eau de Cologne du Coq for me on this dark, grey, rainy day.

Hope you have a nicer weather in your corner of the world!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 4 December

Tigrushka, indeed I do have some lovely weather today! I wish I could send you a bit of my pleasant, sunny day.

Wearing the new Nina (in the adorable apple bottle) by Nina Ricci. Fruity, light and girly - perfect for this beautiful day!

Somber and cloudy over here as well. Time to bake some delicious sweets for our Dutch 'Sinterklaas' holiday tomorrow: with almond paste filled 'speculaas'.
    Ah, the smell of those spices

Ambre Sultan to feel warm inside.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I'm trying another Caron sample: Farnesiana today.

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 4 December

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sounds like you'll be having a very tasty Sinterklaas, R!

Warm L'Artisan TIMBUKTU
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Coromandel... great sillage

Nirmala for me today. Very attracted to this scent at the moment.

Rhiannon you bake your own speculaas? That´s crazy but I would love to get the recipe

Wearing Anthousa White Tuberose oil from the green competition. When I applied it I was overwhelmed by the tuberose, this is strong so to balance it out a little I mixed it up with orange flowers from Zara so that it´s not just tuberose that you get and nothing but. I think the two work nicely together and it´s been fun smelling the difference, which one dominates the other and how it changes.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Sur la Plage

Histoires de Pafums 1740 (Marquis de Sade)

Top notes : bergamot, davana sensualis
    Middle notes : patchouli coriander, cardamom
    Base notes : cedar, elemi, leather, labdanum

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

As yesterday, I'm wearing AL's beautifully textured Roses parfum extrait. The longevity yesterday was marvellous, and it has that curious 'bite' that I love in any perfume. I must be careful with this sample; the bottle is currently out of stock. It will be my next AL purchase when it is becomes available. This is how Serena describes it:

Bergamot , Sicilian lemon, and green grass provide an opening burst of freshness. The dominant heart note is Russian rose absolute which is sweet and fresh with subtle spiciness. The heart notes are Bulgarian rose damascena, rose maroc, rose otto, Turkish rose, rose de mai, and tea rose. Honey, amber, incense, sandalwood and mossy base notes offer an air of sophistication and elegance.

Notes: Bergamot, Grass, Lemon, Honeyed Rose, Russian Rose Absolute, Turkish Rose Absolute, Bulgarian Rose Damascena Absolute, Bulgarian Rose Otto, Rose de Mai Absolute
    Tea Rose, Rose Maroc Absolute, Chinese Rice Flower
    Pepper, Cinnamon, Honey , Orris Root, Amber
    Musk, Sandalwood, Moss, Incense, Peruvian Balsam.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Rhiannon you bake your own speculaas? That´s crazy but I would love to get the recipe
    Woah, me too! I've been known to bake my own pepernoten but never speculaas.

In other news: wearing CdG Ouarzazate today. I've been in a lot of sweet-ish scents the past days, and was about to succomb to tooth decay. This one is nice for a change.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Montale's Patchouli Leaves

Magie Noire - Lancome, I re-discovered this one.

Grey and windy here but not cold at all.
    Didn't get enough sleep because the wind was very strong during the night!
    This week seems so long...

Bandit extrait, for a difficult day at work...
    Last edited by *dora*; 4th December 2008 at 10:44 AM.

Mure et Musc this morning. I swear I'm still smelling a strong dose of leather in there, even now that I have recovered from the cold. I'm guessing it reacts strangely with my chemistry but for once it's in a good way!

This evening I'm testing out a few vanillas thanks to the fabulous Tang! I'm in TF Tobacco Vanille, L'Aromarine Vanille and i Profumi de Firenze Vanglia del Madagascar. Love them all!! The L'Aromarine is a perfect sweet vanilla, iPdF is somewhat more floral and the TF reminds me of Spiritueuse Double Vanille... but better (blasphemy right?).

Have a great day!

Good morning everyone! My sotd is Lolita Lempicka edp.
    Perfect for a frozen Thursday! (current temp. is 18 degrees F brrrrrrrrrrrrr)

Basenotes Plus

Hermes Hiris. Happy Thursday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Woah, me too! I've been known to bake my own pepernoten but never speculaas.
    I will PM you the recipe (in Dutch ) but it will not exactly taste the same because I am indeed a bit crazy ....I make my own almond paste as well.
    But that you will have to make at least two weeks in advance so....you better buy it at a good shop.

Nothing beats the feeling, smell and taste of something you make yourself. I love to cook
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Chanel no. 5 edt
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Wow, everyone smells MARVELOUS today! Almost as good as Riannon's kitchen. Happy almost Sinterklaas to all who are celebrating!

Veuve Amiot, do you get a spearmint note in the CdG Ouarzazate? I find it very refreshing, but was a bit startled when I realized it reminded me of some of my favorite chewing gum!

Today I'm trying a new treasure sent with my Beautyhabit 25% discount extravaganza a couple of weeks ago: Jo Wood Organics Usiku EDT. This is a woody, spice-drenched marvel, Usiku (which means "night" in Swahili apparently) starts off almost bitingly dry, then warms and sweetens just enough. Simultaneously light and rich, I think Usiku is definitely unisex, though to my nose trending a bit masculine. I anticipate a bottle of this in my future. Why didn't I try this yesterday when the discount was still going?!?

Usiku notes: Rosemary, pine needle, cardamom, hot ginger, coriander, clove, Moroccan cedarwood, patchouli, vetiver, vanilla.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Egoiste as SotD
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Back in Black Orchid once more. I wish I were in Australia for the beautiful day, but I can't complain, it's clear and sunny if a bit crisp.

Hope you're feeling better Nukupai.

Happy Sinterklaas to those who celebrate it.
    All that is left of this week is today's board meeting and then I'll be done with the third degree for another year, yay.
    Because I need something to give me a good jolt, and making me House Brother to Coconut, I am wearing:

Montale Aoud Lime

This is widely considered as a beginner scent to the Montale Aouds and I do get the sentiment. This starts off with the signatory lime note at the top but then the roses come in full and lush. The combination of the tart of the lime with the depth of the rose makes this one of the best Aouds in the line. So while it might be the "Aoud for Dummies" it is truly an amazing scent, as well.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 4th December 2008 at 11:55 AM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Last night's SotE was Sun Moon Stars by Karl Lagerfeld.

Today's SotD is Sun Moon Stars by Karl Lagerfeld.

Many thanks to the lovely Taolady for the decant.

Enjoy the day, all.

Happy Sinterklaas!

Personally feeling kinda meh about December (and the holidays).
    Too many obligations, not enough time...... And I have the feeling the cold and dark and damp is not doing my mood any favors.

Knowing that I have to take my budding perfumista Spike kitty to the vet tomorrow doesn't help.
    Came home from vacation and discovered he has a nasty case of what appears to be mites or mange. Spending mornings annoiting him with Wound cleaner rather than scent. He is NOT a fan.

So, to match my difficult mood today - Mitsouko.

Today - vibrating between leather, moss and powder.

That should scare 'em.....
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Hugs to Sakecat and Spike kitty. Hang in there, things will improve soon.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 4th December 2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: can't type.

Love's True Bluish Light

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I, too, await with concern for news of Nukapai's condition, debbborra.

Feeling b*tchy. I blame it on client's disorganization. Gotta redo some stuff. Grrrrr.

Seeking calm in Jicky's lavender.

Running in, waving hello to all. Busy busy day - my Ma is visiting and we're showing her round the town and going to the Chlausmarkt in Winterthur. All very exciting.

Scents of the day today: Nana is in Coty L'Aimant, Mum (me) is in Chanel no 22 and the little chick is in Lolita Lempicka L - what a bunch of sweeties we are!

Hugs and love to all - sorry, I haven't had chance to read the thread so I hope you're all OK.
    Smell you later!
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Napa Valley Cielo (thank you, Haunani!)

Flowery! Green! This is kind of what I had expected from Creed's Le Chevrefeuille, but didn't get. honeysuckle!, muguet?, there's supposed to be "fig" in here, but maybe I don't really know what fig smells like yet. Is there violet in here too? It's lovely! So I've found yet another floral I like!

I'm wearing Oud from Al Gofiera Perfumes in Egypt.
    This is an HG perfume for me. Woody rose. It doesn't have the complexity of the Montale compositions, but the ingredients are exquisite.

Serge Lutens Borneo 1834

Indonesian patchouli, white flowers, cardamom, camphor, cistus, galbanum, cannabis resin, cocoa accord.

Three days in a row; I think I have a new favorite.

Good smells !

Know what you mean about the mixed holiday emotions, my dears; when in doubt, I go for 'time spent with those I love'.
    Crap gets spent, used, tossed, wasted; time together spent lovingly is NEVER forgotten !

Girl needs joy; girl craves joy; girl WEARS Joy !
    End of story.

TM Angel-perfect for chipping my car out from under a layer of ice this morning.
    “Auntie Mame [is] a froth of whipped cream and champagne and daydreams and Nuit de Noël perfume. She's not mortal at all.”- Patrick Dennis

The COLD weather is coming in and bringing the snow with it. Searching for something warm that wasn't Ambre Extreme, I chose Tabac Blond.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Reveling in the incensey warmth of Guerlain's Bois D'Armenie. It's perfect for work and the weather we're experiencing.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

yardley sandalwood.
    have a good day, all.

Essence of Jerusalem

I'm in Sensuous.

I had been wearing Dzing! too often, so I decided to go the whole week without wearing it. Does anyone else do stuff like this? Either forcing yourself to wear something that you haven't worn in a while, simply because you haven't worn it in a while, or refraining from wearing something you love, just because you've been wearing it too much (even though you still kind of want to keep wearing it)?

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 4 December

Idole de Lubin from my recent Beautyhabit 25% off purchase-palooza!

Mazzolari by Mazzolari for me today ~ sandalwood, vetiver, spices, citrus and green notes

Bois de Violette for me today.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Musc Bleu by Il Profumo today.

Sending hugs and get well wishes to all who need them!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Lalique • ENCRE NOIRE

Another day with Iris Nobile. After a shower, I will change to Chanel Sycomore
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Morning Star

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 3 December 2008

Wednesday 3 December 2008
    Morning: Hermès Un Jardin Après La Mousson (from a sample)
    Afternoon: Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée (from a sample from Aiona)
    Evening: Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Blog Entries

Floris "Lily of the Valley"-- using a sample obtained from C. O. Bigelow, Boston.

I can smell the lemon in the top notes-- pleasant. But here is something too earthy about this-- maybe the jasmine, maybe the musk.

Incense Rose by Andy Tauer. If anyone has ever dismissed this fragrance by smelling strip alone, I humbly implore you to give it a skin test. It is very sharp on the strip, and even a bit so on the skin at first, but my oh my, does it turn lovely! I'm getting mostly incense, rose, myrrh, and a just a bit of woodiness. It's quite dry, too.

Notes from Luckyscent: clemetine, bergamot, castor, Bulgarian rose, orris, Texan cedarwood, incense, labdanum, myrrh, patchouli, ambergris.

Sampling Oscar Tropical. oh, no, no!!

This is only my 3rd day in a row wearing SL Datura Noir and I can hardly smell it anymore. This is really too bad because I am in love with it at the moment. I'll have to switch to something different tomorrow.

Cold, grey, and foggy here in the central valley and I have the xmas blues (it's my least favorite holiday) so I made it a point to wear my bright pink dupatta over jeans and a turtleneck in hopes it would cheer me up.

Testing, yet more testing:
    L'artisan Jour de Fête (ALMOND, sandalwood, vanilla, green wheat)

It reminds me a lot of Bois Farine. Very yummy - I have yet to find a dry sandalwood I don't like. I just wish that green wheat note hung around longer!
    Looking for small decants
    * Frederic Malle En Passant, Parfum de Thérèse * Serge Lutens Bois Oriental, Borneo1834, Douce Amère, Gris Clair, Rousse, Santal de Mysore

Hugs to all who need them, have a great day, all. SOTD is Amouage Gold.

Calvin (the Eighties original) by Calvin Klein

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Guerlain
    Habit Rouge EDT

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Obsession again. Jasmine is supposed to be good for concentration, worked yesterday and hoping it works again today.

You guys! I'm touched. xxx

They're taking two lots of blood tomorrow; nothing special. Then some time soonish I should know if they see anything worth looking at there. Meanwhile, I've got to go and see two separate consultants at hospital, but that's only because they're trying to eliminate a bunch of stuff at this stage. It's probably just a particularly persistent case of benign positional vertigo and now it's gone on for so long it is affecting my sleep, which in turn is affecting my health. Meh. Anyway, enough about that! We'll see...

I'm wearing a LOVELY, YUMMY perfume today, but I can't tell you what it is. Hah! It's going to be launched next year. Simon's done it again...

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Nanadebary Green---needed my "best friend" fragrance.

HE is coming over.

Daughter surprised us with a call saying that the boyfriend is coming over, and the two of them will be making supper for us.

This is the first boyfriend we've met.

They're due any minute!

Comme des GarçonsAVIGNON