Code of Conduct

Default Body Kouros vs Rochas Man vs LLaM vs Le Male

what do you think??? which is better???

Default Re: Body Kouros vs Rochas Man vs LLaM vs Le Male

Licorice vs. lavender/vanilla vs. slightly different licorice vs. a synthetic lavender/vanilla concoction. As a newbie I could handle these frags, but no longer. I don't think it would be wise to take the advice of someone here if you are thinking about blind buying a bottle of any of these. Just sample them and make up your own mind. Also consider alternatives that are less blunt: Amour de Cacao, Jacomo Silver men, Jacomo Rouge (a gourmand incense stick), or Lomani's Ignition.

My preference in order..

Le Male
    LLaM
    Rochas Man
    Body Kouros

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 19th November 2009 at 06:23 PM.

Another approach is to go for a nice blend with a bit of lavender up top and tonka in the base, such as Everlast Original 1910. It's so cheap now it's a safe blind buy.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 7th July 2009 at 07:09 AM.

From my own experience, I'd pick Rochas Man followed by Le Male

Not a huge LLaM fan, and have only had a limited sniff of Body Kouros so my opinion isn't very solid

i've smelled bk a good amount and i can say it is the absolute best fragrance in the entire world

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    i've smelled bk a good amount and i can say it is the absolute best fragrance in the entire world
    Cool! So whats the 2nd best fragrance in the entire world?
    Last edited by MFJ; 7th July 2009 at 09:41 AM.

Sur la Plage

My preference in order:

Body Kouros
    Rochas Man
    LLaM
    Le Male

Also, I don't think the OP said anything about a blind buy........................
    Last edited by petruccijc; 7th July 2009 at 01:14 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Rochas Man would be the most 'friendly' as a blind buy. The rest are all quite different and really need to be sniffed first IMO.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Rochas Man. I personally would avoid anything with the word 'Kouros' in it.

Body Kouros does not share the terrible disgusting qualities of the original Kouros, it shouldn't even be a flanker, its a completely different scent.

I'd say its a toss-up between Body Kouros and Rochas Man, but BK is ephervescent, vanillic sweet and smokey, while RM is lavender, coffee, chocolate, and vanilla gourmand.

BK is filled with passion and a sweet captivating lust. it stands out from all the colognes in the world.

i must add though that a close if not equal cohort is Gootch 2 (gucci pour home ii). so unique and amazing!
    Last edited by Dudester!; 7th July 2009 at 04:37 PM.

My girlfriend was repulsed by Body Kouros, so I had to sell it, although I enjoyed it alot. She said it smelled like her spanish friend's house and a bit of B.O.

I grew up surrounded by Eucalyptus, and enjoy burning incense, and the smell of wood being cut is very soothing, reminds me of my Dad, probably why I enjoyed Body Kouros. But if my S.O is put-off by a cologne I'm wearing, it ruins it for me, as I get self-concious and wouldn't be happy myself if she wore a perfume I hated.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulist07 View Post
    Why is that? Have you ever smelled Body Kouros?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    My girlfriend was repulsed by Body Kouros, so I had to sell it, although I enjoyed it alot. She said it smelled like her spanish friend's house and a bit of B.O.

I grew up surrounded by Eucalyptus, and enjoy burning incense, and the smell of wood being cut is very soothing, reminds me of my Dad, probably why I enjoyed Body Kouros. But if my S.O is put-off by a cologne I'm wearing, it ruins it for me, as I get self-concious and wouldn't be happy myself if she wore a perfume I hated.
    that's odd, most women love BK with its unprecedented scent. when i first smelled it i was blown away...nothing resembles it, it truly is in a class of its own. vanilla monster and sweet sexy lusty.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Why is that? Have you ever smelled Body Kouros?
    Well, no, but I found the original so disgusting I didn't think it could be anything better. Maybe I am too quick to judge. I would have tried it anyway had I come across it. Just as I'm not the biggest fan of Kouros or YSL fragrances in general, would not have actively seeked it out.

Oh and I would put Le Male last, not because it is anything horrible, but that the Lolita is better in my opinion.
    Last edited by somnambulist07; 7th July 2009 at 05:46 PM.

Well, no, but I found the original so disgusting I didn't think it could be anything better. Maybe I am too quick to judge. I would have tried it anyway had I come across it. Just as I'm not the biggest fan of Kouros or YSL fragrances in general, would not have actively seeked it out.
    DUDE! Soma, the only thing "like" Kouros that Body Kouros has is the name Kouros after Body. Smell-wise, they couldn't be ANY MORE different; in other words, absolute polar opposites! BK is so different that YSL should have called it Body Lust or Body Aroma instead, that way they don't mislead the victimized nostrils of those who smelled Kouros.

Do you nostrils a huge service and go smell this amazing scent right now. Body Kouros is in a league of its own, and Kouros wishes it could live up to it!

By the way, I was just like you, too. When I smelled Kouros i found it a scent short of Bathroom sanitizer spray and public toilet soap at the In-N-Out Restroom in Downtown Fresno.

But When I smelled Body Kouros, heaven came to mind.
    Last edited by Dudester!; 7th July 2009 at 05:51 PM.

My preference in order:

Body Kouros
    Rochas Man
    LLaM
    Le Male

Also, I don't think the OP said anything about a blind buy........................
    Let me have the same order that he got /\

That's an ignorant statement.

I haven't smelled Body Kouros but Rochas Man is far superior to the other two. If you're looking for a sexual frag Rochas is an excellent bet.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    I haven't smelled Body Kouros but Rochas Man is far superior to the other two. If you're looking for a sexual frag Rochas is an excellent bet.
    How could you do your nostrils a big disservice by not smelling it? Smell it pronto. Under the what scent gets you the most female compliments thread, BK was mentioned numerous times, and how women adore it.

Kouros is repulsive. BK is heaven. Renegotiate your scents and your conclusion by smelling Body Kouros. When i read all the hype i thought it was overrated too. My was i wrong. The sweet vanilla and smokey soft sensual creamy smell of BK gets me every time.
    Last edited by Dudester!; 8th July 2009 at 01:42 AM.

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 19th November 2009 at 06:22 PM.

Dependent

ooops my bad...
    Last edited by MFJ; 8th July 2009 at 08:56 AM.

I own them all.

Rochas Man is quite likeable, but doesn't really say much. I rarely wear it.

Le Male is the least masculine and sweetest - women like it which is good - but I feel odd wearing it unless I have a woman hanging on my arm.

For me, Body Kouros does have something in common with Kouros - when I first tried it I disliked it a lot (something which happens to a lot of people who try Kouros). But I bought a bottle going real cheap, and it very quickly grew on me after repeated wearings.

Lempicka I really liked from day one. It's sweet, but the licorice wood really makes it for me.
    Renato