Code of Conduct

Default A Visit to Guerlain at Bergdorf Goodman

I'm in NYC for a few days and I decided to drop by the Guerlain counter at Bergdorf Goodman. A few random notes...

1) I'm right that this is the flagship Guerlain boutique? If so, it was nice but fairly small, just one of many counters in the basement beauty section of the store.

2) Very friendly SA.

3) Smelled a few things for the first time. L'Instant PH (superb!), Homme (meh), Derby (excellent), Mouchoir (ditto).

4) One of the things I was thinking of picking up was Jicky EdP. But it seems that it's now only available in the EdT and the Parfum. Anyone know what's up with the EdP?

5) Derby is very spendy!

6) I was offered a sample of Derby, but they were all out of sample containers.

Ended up not buying anything, but I may go back for the Mouchoir (the only item they had that was within my budget but not available elsewhere for less). I'm definitely eventually picking up L'Instant, too...but that's available elsewhere at a discount.
    Last edited by PhinClio; 24th December 2008 at 08:16 PM.

Default Re: A Visit to Guerlain at Bergdorf Goodman

Saks on 50th and 5th has the jicky edp actually they seem to have more of a selection but be warned the SA are a lot more pushy there

per the Guerlain catalog, the EdP is still available, though they may not have had it in stock. You can certainly order it from La Maison or perhaps another Guerlain boutique

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    per the Guerlain catalog, the EdP is still available, though they may not have had it in stock. You can certainly order it from La Maison or perhaps another Guerlain boutique
    bbBD is right, Jicky EdP is still available. Last month, from the Guerlain boutique in Las Vegas, I bought a gold bee bottle of Jicky EdP as a Christmas present for my wife.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost