Code of Conduct

Default If You Hate Somebody, Give 'Em Creed For XMas

A fake bottle actually

I could not believe my eyes when I walked up to one of those fragrance carts at my local mall--3 Creed scents, OV, Original Santal, and my beloved Himalaya (first Creed I ever smelled).

Alarms went off in my head. The guy manning the cart asked, "dude, you know Creed?" with a sly grin on his face. I replied, "yeah, I wear Creed time and again." Then I exclaimed, "Is this really Himalaya?" After all his heartfelt assurances and inviting me to take the bottle over to Neimans to test the two side by side, he offered to spray some on me.

The nose knows...what I smelled was without a doubt fake. It smelled nothing like Himalaya--not one note at all, but some green acrid macho mess smelling like cheap deodorant laden with patchouli. No incense-like notes, no sandalwood, freshness nowhere to be smelled.

I pity the unsuspecting one who buys these fake bottles unsmelled. The guy pushing this stuff on me obviously did not know what the real thing is all about other than it is expensive stuff. After unwrinkling my nose and fighting my gag reflex, it was my cue to make my way home and wash the crap off my wrist with much more wariness on where I buy Creeds! I'm curious how much he was selling them for.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 5th December 2008 at 07:59 AM.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: If You Hate Somebody, Give 'Em Creed For XMas

Takes out his Magnum handgun

Quote 'A fake bottle actually '

Puts his gun away again

I remember smelling fake OV in a store in Greece, i'll never forget the stench. Creed is kinda hard to find, so imagine if the girlfriend of a basenoter walks into the store sees the fake Creed and thinks 'Oh so this is that Creed scent that he talks about so much, let's buy it as an Xmas present for him'.

Ask yourself, how well of an actor would you be, when your wife bought you this for Xmas and you immediatly smell something is wrong after opening it hahaha and she has this puppy face thinking that she just bought you the best gift in the world

'Jeez, thx honey..'
    The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic.

If you really hate them, make sure you get them the fake Millesime Imperial - it's nearly as bad as Sécrétions Magnifiques, but at only a fraction of the cost.

If you utterly hate, loathe and detest them, then it is indeed worth spending the extra dollars on Sécrétions Magnifiques.

Renato

and she has this puppy face thinking that she just bought you the best gift in the world

Ahhhhhhhh I would just hug her and say thanks baby, you're the best. After that I will secretly replace the fake Creed with a real one, yeah this would mean I've paid my own expensive X-mas present
    Last edited by brianroy; 5th December 2008 at 11:13 AM.
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Takes out his Magnum handgun

Quote 'A fake bottle actually '

Puts his gun away again
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Ask yourself, how well of an actor would you be, when your wife bought you this for Xmas and you immediatly smell something is wrong after opening it hahaha and she has this puppy face thinking that she just bought you the best gift in the world

'Jeez, thx honey..'
    hahaha! Been there! But not with fragrance, thank goodness!

I'm really curious about these fakes. Call it research. I'm definitely going to buy one at some point - but not until I bargain down the cheater to something sensible for rotgut perfume (whatever that is?!).

I hate fake Creed I got some fake samples of Santal of ebay, hated the smell (I was guessing that they just put pinesol in the vials) so i just gave it to my little sis it's not that I hate her she just liked the scent
    Last edited by lightgreen22; 5th December 2008 at 03:52 PM.

Blog Entries

and if you REALLY hate them...give em the real Creed!

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    I could sniff () that one coming from a mile away!

Blog Entries

I'm curious, because we don't have separate carts in malls here in the midwest, (we also don't have anything similar to Neiman's), how much does the fake stuff sell for? And does it come in a genuine looking box?

I've had the good fortune to never have had to smell a fake Creed. But my curiosity's been piqued to try them just to see how awful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    I've had the good fortune to never have had to smell a fake Creed. But my curiosity's been piqued to try them just to see how awful they are.

**BE WARNED!** JUST...DON'T...GET...ANY...ON...YOU!!

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    The guy manning the cart asked, "dude, you know Creed?" with a sly grin on his face.
    Actually I think the guy manning the booth is on to something....

I think The House of Creed should forget all that 1760/celebrity/royalty/more natural oils/batch numbers bulls**t, and just adopt the new marketing slogan: "DUDE, YOU KNOW CREED?"

I think this would be much more to the point.

(the words "dude" and "creed" really do go together nicely )
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

When I had just read the title, I thought yeah...thats so true

Then I realized it was about 'fake creeds'. Still I told myself that "if you hate someone mate....give him a real creed"

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    **BE WARNED!** JUST...DON'T...GET...ANY...ON...YOU!!
    I can say the same about Knize Ten.

Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    Actually I think the guy manning the booth is on to something....

I think The House of Creed should forget all that 1760/celebrity/royalty/more natural oils/batch numbers bulls**t, and just adopt the new marketing slogan: "DUDE, YOU KNOW CREED?"

I think this would be much more to the point.

(the words "dude" and "creed" really do go together nicely )
    That's exactly what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by lightgreen22 View Post
    I hate fake Creed I got some fake samples of Santal of ebay, hated the smell (I was guessing that they just put pinesol in the vials) so i just gave it to my little sis it's not that I hate her she just liked the scent

That probably wasn't fake. Authentic Original Santal is vile.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    I can say the same about Knize Ten.

Yuck.
    it would be an insult to Knize Ten if you liked it

it would be an insult to Knize Ten if you liked it
    Is every one of your posts about Knize 10 or how people are idiots if they enjoy Creed? It is getting to be annoying. Looks like I am going to have to use the "ignore" feature.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 6th December 2008 at 11:34 PM.

**UPDATE** The bottles were no longer there when I passed by yesterday. They might've been placed somewhere else, but I certainly doubt someone purchased all of them within a matter of 2 days. Hope I didn't scare somebody...HA!

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Blog Entries

You go, dude! His mistake was letting you sample it. These crooks are selling this all on the internet and no one is stopping them. Only, Ebay has stopped their small customers (like me) from selling their own juice. (Very effective???) There really should be some serious counterfeit cops on this because these are big operations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Is every one of your posts about Knize 10 or how people are idiots if they enjoy Creed? It is getting to be annoying. Looks like I am going to have to use the "ignore" feature.
    use it...i've been ignoring your boring, useless posts for a while, without the use of the ignore function
    Last edited by everso; 7th December 2008 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    You go, dude! His mistake was letting you sample it. These crooks are selling this all on the internet and no one is stopping them. Only, Ebay has stopped their small customers (like me) from selling their own juice. (Very effective???) There really should be some serious counterfeit cops on this because these are big operations.
    It only took me once to learn my lesson when I auctioned for a bottle of Chanel Coco off eBay. Despite my complaints to the seller, eBay, Paypal, and Chanel, I couldn't get any resolution. I was out $67 and a bottle of Coco not even worthy of displaying as a factice.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    LoL!

Btw did anyone else notice that Everso likes the house of Bond no. 9 ? Hmmm...Bond no.9...Creed...Bond no. 9...Creed...Laurice Rahme....Bond no.9 ... Everso...Creed....conspiracy...
    -

Quote Originally Posted by brianroy View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh I would just hug her and say thanks baby, you're the best. After that I will secretly replace the fake Creed with a real one, yeah this would mean I've paid my own expensive X-mas present
    Sometimes you just got to put on a happy face and fake it. Like this Christmas Eve my aunt gave me a bottle of Victoria's Secret Pink, because she had a pretty vague idea that I liked perfume, so I sprayed some on me and thanked her just as much as if she had given me a bottle of Serge Lutens
    Last edited by lightgreen22; 25th December 2008 at 03:50 AM.
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]