Code of Conduct

Thread: Youth Dew

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question Youth Dew

A few days ago as I was walking by the Estee Lauder counter at my local Dillards, I just had to go and stray some Youth Dew on me because to me it is the most comforting scent in the world, the sales lady came up to me and said "that smells like your grandma right" then I told her how smelling this was comforting. She then started to tell me how so many women come up to that counter every day to spray some Youth Dew on them because they think it smells comforting, she said that one woman started crying because it reminded her of her grandma so much. So love it or hate it what do you think of Youth Dew?

Default Re: Youth Dew

I love Youth Dew. I know this is kinda weird, but it reminds me of grandma's handbag, "kola kubes", lipstick, loose powder with talc, cigarettes. Very comforting indeed.
    It should be reworked, updated, and released as a masculine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know, it reminds me of Christmas at my great grandma's house when I was little, for some odd reason it always reminds me of her Christmas tree that she had that she would put our names on the ornaments

Post Thanks / Like

I like it. Sometimes I love it. I very much like Youth Dew lotion. The scent doesn't remind me of my grandmother because she didn't wear Youth Dew. Nobody in my family did. They would have found it too powerful a fragrance, knowing my grandmother, my aunts and my mother. But I think it's sweeter and more vanillic and more wearer-friendly now than it was years ago. I've wondered whether the formula has been changed. It must have been anyway, because of recent ingredients restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gblue View Post
    I love Youth Dew. I know this is kinda weird, but it reminds me of grandma's handbag, "kola kubes", lipstick, loose powder with talc, cigarettes. Very comforting indeed.
    It should be reworked, updated, and released as a masculine.
    Actually, I think males would smell great in the bath oil as is.

I have the bath oil, and had the juice but passed it on. I find it a comforting and grounding scent- even though I have no familial correlations.

Post Thanks / Like

None of my grandmothers would have considered any "American perfume". If it wasn't from France it wasn't real perfume.

I sniffed this first at a department store in my rebellious teens and could not believe that the name, the bottle and the brand had anything to do with this thick, dark liquid that smelled as if it could have been poured out of a vial from some ancient royal tomb. It's musty animality on the skin would seem odd on a granny to me, but I guess the colder and drier skin of elderly people also would bring out less of those notes. This, to me, is not a scent for neither the old or the young, but suits a mature and blossoming woman best.

(I have not tried it recently so I know nothing about reformulated versions).

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Youth Dew - it doesn't smell like the usual fruity sweet kind of scents you get today . It's vintage to me and classy .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.