Code of Conduct

Default DIY, inexpensive, matching deodorants.

So, I got to thinking it would be nice to have the matching deodorant for a variety of scents, but the costs are prohibitive to getting the matching deodorant for all of my favorite scents.

Anyways, I had a bottle of this (http://www.vitacost.com/Kiss-My-Face...l-On-Deodorant) Kiss My Face fragrance free liquid roll on deodorant laying around. It works ok as a deodorant on its own and it really is fragrance free (unlike some fragrance free products that have a strong smell just from their ingredients), and I got to thinking how nice Versace PHs structure and scent profile would work as a deodorant and thought I'd experiment.

Anyways, I unscrewed the cap and found there was no way I was going to get the roller ball out unassisted. So, I grabbed a vice grips and squeezed just below the upper collar, about where the bottom 1/4 of the ball would be sitting. It took a fair bit of force, but moments later the ball shot about a meter into the air. Voila!

Now, my bottle was only about 2/3 full and I used 10 sprays of Versace. This gives a fairly long lasting scent to the deodorant, it's been about 4 hours since I applied it and I can still smell it when putting my nose in my shirt, although it is not very strong when sniffed like this. Sniffing an armpit up close and the scent is clear and defined without being overpowering. Of course, the wonderful thing is that you can make it as weak or strongly scented as you like.

I think 5-25 sprays of any scent should be sufficient for a full bottle, although feel free to experiment. Of course, it's always better to start low and increase so you don't end up with a cloyingly strong deodorant!

All said, less than $4 for a 'designer deodorant' isn't half bad! At this price, I plan to make a separate deodorant for all of my favorite scents.

edit: actually it's hard to determine how strong this deodorant is as I think it's blending with my SotD. It might actually be quite strong with 10 sprays.. so I'd advise starting with fewer!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 6th December 2008 at 11:22 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more