Code of Conduct

Default rate this decision

I just ordered a 3.3 oz tester of Burberry Weekend from scentedmonkey.com for $26.50

good or bad decision?
    1-10? lol

Default Re: rate this decision

About the only thing I can see going wrong with your purchase is that it sells for a few dollars less around the web but that's about it. It lives up to its name, it's definitely a Burberry, quality ingredients, light, carefree, nothing heavy or deep about it. It's a warm and friendly little citrus with nary a jarring, shocking, or univited accord. A comfort scent if there ever was one, pull out your old sweats and pull on a frayed polo and find something soft to sit on a while. Hey, it's the weekend.
    Last edited by noirwest; 7th December 2008 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jklax221 View Post
    I just ordered a 3.3 oz tester of Burberry Weekend from scentedmonkey.com for $26.50

good or bad decision?
    1-10? lol
    I'd say it's an 8. This particular tester will come WITHOUT a cap. I prefer that my bottle have a cap, if at all possible. (Some HTF or DCed frags may only be available as a tester.) I think it looks better and somehow I feel it will keep the scent fresher longer. (Maybe I'm wrong?!)

I actually own Burberry Weekend (for men) and like it a lot. (I prefer the men's version over the woman's!)
    I am NOT my hair, I am NOT my skin ; I AM the soul that lives within!

It is too harsh and I believe you could have found a better deal somewhere else.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

OUCH 3?!?!!??!?! lol that hurts

Was it bought completely blind? 1
    Was it bought based off reviews? 3
    Was it bought based off price? 2
    Was it bought based off price and reviews? 4
    Was it bought based off of not seeing anything else and just picking something because you wanted it? 3
    Was it bought based off the fact that you liked it? 8

looks like another 3!-- just picked it because I wanted it...I love every burberry i have ever come across; touch being my favorite. Hopefully something about it will be distinctive to burberry. no?

Also, it says its a 3.3oz EDT spray. Tester

However, everywhere I look on the net seems to offer it for 3.4 oz...does this mean it's fake, or do they honestly have different bottles of .1 oz; or is it a typo; or is it something I am overlooking.

Please pardon my ignorance.

Also, it says its a 3.3oz EDT spray. Tester

However, everywhere I look on the net seems to offer it for 3.4 oz...does this mean it's fake, or do they honestly have different bottles of .1 oz; or is it a typo; or is it something I am overlooking.

Please pardon my ignorance.
    In either case, it's 100ml. It's because when you go to American sites, it still uses that outdated Imperial system of measuring. 100ml is around 3.3 or 3.4 oz. Some places like to pretend they're giving you more, but they're really just rounding up.

America needs to pony up and start using Metric like the other 150+ countries. Even their territories are metric.
    Last edited by dynendal; 9th December 2008 at 06:06 PM.

gotcha! thanks, I appreciate it!

No problem. I hope you enjoy weekend.

If you want a rating, I'd say 7/10. It's honestly not that bad a fragrance. I just don't like it as much as Brit or London.

Alright so it came in on thursday....I give my decision an 7.5

however, I give scentedmonkey.com a 9...shipping was only one dollar, it was quick, and i got a few free samples!

I plan on ordering from beautyencounter.com tonight...should i expect an equally smooth transaction?

Alright so it came in on thursday....I give my decision an 7.5

however, I give scentedmonkey.com a 9...shipping was only one dollar, it was quick, and i got a few free samples!

I plan on ordering from beautyencounter.com tonight...should i expect an equally smooth transaction?
    Yes, I love BeautyEncounter. They're really friendly to Canadians too.