Code of Conduct

Red face You smell like a cat!

Now I love Ungaro II and I love Orris Noir. It so happens that my girlfriend does not own a cat and has never done. However, she is really good at detecting civet and somehow knows to associate it with the smell of cats! I wore Ungaro II a couple of times and when she smelt my neck and told me I smelt like a cat. I decided to play it smart and wear a scent with a more subtle take on civet and see her reaction. It didn't take her two minutes and she once again told me that I smelt like a cat again! I was so amazed and intrigued considering she thinks 90% of the stuff I own smells like 'Aftershave' LOL.(I hate this generalization of men's fragrances btw). I personally love civet and I can't get enough of it. Are there anymore fragrances with an even more obvious take on civet than the aforementioned?
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Default Re: You smell like a cat!

I am definitely not an expert on civet, and I have not personally smelled these, but I have heard civet associated with Jicky and Kouros quite often.
    Last edited by The Duke; 7th December 2008 at 06:47 PM.

Jicky definitely has civet, as does Mouchoir de Monsieur, both by Guerlain. I noticed civet in Jean DesPres' Bal a Versailles EDC for women, and a little bit in Guerlain Shalimar EDP and parfum. I tried Dior Jules once, and I think it also may have civet. At any rate, Jules is heavily animalic.
    Last edited by Asha; 7th December 2008 at 06:57 PM.

Off-Scenter

Ungaro II is already pretty strong on the civet scale - about on a par with Jicky, I would say. Eau d'Hermes has plenty of civet (along with cumin), as do Intrigant Patchouli, Kouros, Chanel Cuir de Russie, Amouage Gold Men, and of course Muscs Koublai Khan (in addition to every other animalic note known to man).

Blog Entries

i think Dzing smells alot like a cat....that's what i thought this thread was gonna be about!

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    i think Dzing smells alot like a cat....that's what i thought this thread was gonna be about!
    True! Dzing on my sister smells a bit like cat pee, but on me it's more of a leather scent (thank god). I'm pretty sure there's a good dose of synthetic castoreum and civet in Dzing.
    Sales thread here

Critic, you didn't mention whether your girlfriend approved or disapproved of the civet note.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

guys have already covered it all!!

man, i can't wait to try out Jicky!

cat skin? UII does it best imho. Dzing comes a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    i think Dzing smells alot like a cat....
    Cat fur, to be more precise

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Now if a cat said I smelled like a cat, I'd be pleased beyond words.

I think PG's L' Hombre Fauve has a distinct ferral cat like odor about it. Its the acidity of a very pure patchouli note peaking through the warm amber - smells like a wild cat of some sort. I kind of like it.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 10th December 2008 at 11:30 PM.

So interesting. I'd love to have an exhaustive list of cat smells. I wish I could smell cat in those frags. I smell something but not precisely cat. Maybe I need to smell my cat more carefully. With respect, of course.

The back of my cat's neck after he's been lounging in the sun smells exactly like a buttered biscuit. But I have a feeling that's not the cat-part this thread was about. Believe me, he does try to get me to smell his other end, usually by perching next to my head while I'm asleep.

I really love the ones mentioned by Asha.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Tell her she smells like a mouse, and give her the look

Smells like pussy huh? EWW HOW VULGAR! BAD ALI BAD!!!
    Last edited by anak; 11th December 2008 at 03:41 PM.