Code of Conduct

Default Two colognes for young male?

Hi there. I'm new here. I'm an ahtletic 24 and looking for two new fragrances for two different occasions.
    -One for the everyday ware , but still sexy/intriguing/sporty
    -and another for date night gettin it on.

My girlfriend loves aqua di gio as well as chrome, but I want something ...more than just the average. I've been testing some frags here and there, but nothing has absolutely stood out yet. Thanks!
    Last edited by wragen22; 7th December 2008 at 06:51 PM.

Default Re: Two colognes for young male?

Day: Allure Sport or Aqua Bulgari
    Night: Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male or Armani Code

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to give these a try. I've also been considering Dior Homme, L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme, and YSL M7, maybe bulgari black... I just tried D&G pour homme , which was a little too soapy for me, and YSL pour homme which was just a little too boring.
    Last edited by wragen22; 8th December 2008 at 12:35 AM.

Dior Homme and M7 both are awesomeness in a bottle. Haha! But in all serious Dior Homme (what im wearing right at this second) has beautiful iris and vanilla notes in it. Don't listen to anybody that tells you its too much like a makeup bag its awesome. And wow M7....not much to say its just awesome. Very woody and a bit spicy. Easy on the trigger though its powerful stuff but I know my girl really loves M7 and Dior Homme.

Dior Homme and M7 are excellent choices to begin with. at the same time, they are radically different from most of the scents out there...you may want to try it before u swip tht card...

ill second Chanel Allure Homem Sport recommendation
    For evening wears, ill go for something oriental like Baldessarini Concentrate or Rochas Lui

For everyday, for a young guy, it's hard to do better than classic Eau Sauvage. Nice rich citrus with a hidden musky base.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Rochas Lui
    Rochas Lui is some hot stuff. Rich and complex, but not at all heavy.

I used to wear Chrome a few years ago. Also Le Male (too sweet for my taste now but girls still love it)For sophisticated taste, I would recommend Creed Himalaya. It is great for day wear. It has a combination of Citrus, herbal and wood tones and girls really love it. My co-workers just go crazy when they smell it. Though it wears close to the skin. Also Creed Green Irish Tweed is awesome. At first it resembles Cool Water (Cool Water tried to copy the notes from this older cologne...but IMO it did not succeed- Drydown is different and much more natural and exciting in GIT). However their price is a bit hefty, so another alternative would be for day time Aquaman (Rochas) and our course my all time favorite L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme, and for night time Prada Pour Homme, HeWood by Dsquared2 (Nordstrom exclusive) or Burberry London. These three are awesome, and drive either sex mad. I am already 31 so I'm moving on to niche frags, but those do smell youthful and adventurous. Good luck pleasing your girlfriend and yourself. Just remember that when you wear a cologne with confidence it smells its best...and if you wear something to please others that doesn't really go with you, it will end up making you feel insecure and that ruins any cologne, regardless of the price.

Daytime: Armani, Attitude, or in the alternative, Burberry, Brit
    Nighttime: Chanel, Egoiste or, in the alternative, YSL, Opium (Either EDP or EDT)

These are both basic scents that are easy to find, likeable, and of high quality.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 11th December 2008 at 04:40 AM.

Just a quick update. I've narrowed down my choices. I want to pick two day times, and one nighttime.

Daytime
    1. Terre d'Hermes (My absolute favorite right now)
    2. Dolce Gabbana pour Homme ( a little soapy, but I keep finding myself wanting more)
    3. and Maybe.... Bvlgari Acva

Nighttime:
    1. Narciso Rodriguez for men
    2. Burberry London
    3. Polo double black
    4. Bvlgari pour Homme

Out of the nighttime, I can't decide....
    Last edited by wragen22; 12th December 2008 at 06:34 AM.

Terre d'Hermes and Bvlgari Aqua are good because you can wear them year round, while D & G pour homme is too much for me in sumer.
    As for night-time, I personally think M7, Dior Homme and Lolita Lempicka au Masculin work best. Burberry London smells great but is a little too weak, and Bvlgari pour Homme I would think as more of a daytime / work scent.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Terre d' Hermes for day time (It lasts forever and it smells awesome) (it has a lingering note of Vetiver just like London...I guess that is why you liked them both)
    Dolce and Gabanna has a lot of character and after an hour it really pleases. Can be harsh at first...very Italian!

Dolce Gabanna for day.....Your gf will love it if she loves AdG and that style
    Rive Gauche YSL , Gucci pour Homme, Azzaro pour homme or Envy ......for night......4 VERY safe options.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nautica Voyage or Azzaro Visit.

Quote Originally Posted by tonysoprano100 View Post
    Dolce Gabanna for day.....Your gf will love it if she loves AdG and that style
    Rive Gauche YSL , Gucci pour Homme, Azzaro pour homme or Envy ......for night......4 VERY safe options.
    very very good choices in here.

I would also reccomend for day use, Perry Ellis 18, very clean, kind of a lemony opening. Or Lacoste Essential

Quote Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
    Lacoste Essential
    hey mekanic, you have come to like Essentials quite a bit, no?

Its a nice casual frag but I wouldnt consider it just above average
    TdH for daytime is a great pick, such is Rive Gauche.

For night (which I assume means clubbing etc) I'd take a fragrance that develops better and better by the rising body temperature, hence stuff like the alredy mentioned Lolita Lempicka and my tips would be Joop Jump or Rochas Man.

Quote Originally Posted by wragen22 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'll have to give these a try. I've also been considering Dior Homme, L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme, and YSL M7, maybe bulgari black... I just tried D&G pour homme , which was a little too soapy for me, and YSL pour homme which was just a little too boring.
    To be honest.... M7 and Dior Homme are not really good for the younger crowd. M7 smells medicinal to the younger crowd and Dior Homme smells like lipstick.. But to each their own.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.