Code of Conduct

Default Gentlemens Club Manager Scent Recomendations

Hello everybody. Well the title pretty much explains it. I am a Gentlemens Club manager looking for some fragrance recomendations. I am looking for a scent that yells power, powerful, in charge, boss, etc. A scent that has good sillage and will last for hours upon hours. It needs to hold up against smoke, and lots of it in fact. I currently own many scents, but i do not think any of them really say powerful. I guess i am looking for that scent that will hit you hard and not stop until you beg for mercy. Lets see what we can come up with gentlemen, and ladies.
    O.T.R.F.T. (Only The Realist Feel This)

Default Re: Gentlemens Club Manager Scent Recomendations

B*MEN or Animale Animale.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I might tend to suggest suble power to you--the subtle power of Creed's private collection Tabarome (called "vintage Tabarome" here at Basenotes, as opposed to the different scent which is in the house's Millesime line also called "Tabarome"). It blends well with smoke, lasts a long time, is powerful and subtle too.

It happens that I think of another Creed product too, come to think of it, and regret I'm suggesting two things from the same manufacturer, but the scent by Creed called Bois du Portugal is similarly long lasting and powerful.

Beyond that I'd say look into vetiver scents. They say establishment, grace, power, boss, and leader to my nose's mind.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme

Musc Ravageur fights through smoke very well......powerful, strong, sexy and individual.....

Nasomato Duro - spicy young leather with loads of power and incredible lasting ability.....if you can afford it, this is a great choice.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Profumum Fumidus
    Lalique Encre Noire
    Knize Knize Ten
    Last edited by Sloan; 9th December 2008 at 04:42 AM.

Duro would be good choice, powerful, masculine and reeks of authority and power. Although Fumidus is strong and powerful it is a very smoky scent which may not work that well in a smoky environment as it could blend in. Of course there is always Kouros or Fahrenheit, both powerhouse scents designed to assert authority. I'd also look into Riverside Drive, its a little more subtle than the previous suggestions but should work well. Another that might work is Yatagan.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

An alternative to Bois du Portugal is New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    I second Knize Ten, Musc Ravaguer
    I would also try Montale's Ouds, (Black, Cuir D'Arabie (real leather))
    Last edited by runstile; 9th December 2008 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    B*MEN or Animale Animale.
    Both of those were in the OP's wardrobe.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Eucuris by Geo F Trumper will make you smell 'every inch, the English gentleman.' You'll be calm, but in charge and you'll never loose your 'head.'
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 9th December 2008 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I might tend to suggest suble power to you--the subtle power of Creed's private collection Tabarome (called "vintage Tabarome" here at Basenotes, as opposed to the different scent which is in the house's Millesime line also called "Tabarome"). It blends well with smoke, lasts a long time, is powerful and subtle too.
    'Vintage' Tabarome was my first thought as well!

Except for the rare tester, it only comes in 250ml flacons. Scentiments is a respected online dealer that carries 'Vintage' Tabarome at a discounted price.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

THIS IS A JOKE: --> Tom Ford Private Collection, Tuscan Leather because Mr. Everso and a number of other basenoters said it smells like cocaine sprinkled/spilled on a leather jacket. Hear that strippers like that one.

Now, on a serious note; I think Creed, Bois du Portugal is a wonderful suggestion because it is loud yet commands a quiet respect; due, in part, to its masculine elegance. On the other hand, you have YSL, Kouros which is loud, heavy, long lasting, masculine and definitely animistic. It is a tough call, so try both but I would, if I were you, go with the Creed, BdP. Creed, Bdp was Frank Sinatra's scent.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 9th December 2008 at 06:37 AM.

At last I found the right place and occupation for my beloved scents!
    (usually I`m confusing my neighbours by my colognes)

OK, let`s second Tabarome Private Collection by Creed, Yatagan & 3rd Man by Caron and Fumidus by Profumo Durante Rome.
    I`d add the following:
    Bandit by Robert Piguet
    Oud Cuir d`Arabie by Montale
    Route du Vetiver by Maitre Parfumer et Gantier
    Antaeus by Chanel
    Jules by Dior
    Macassar by Rochas
    Or Black by Pascal Morabito

with sweeter side
    Aomassai by Parfumerie Generale
    Heritage and Habit Rouge by Guerlain
    Eau du Fier by Goutal
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post

OK, let`s second Tabarome Private Collection by Creed, Yatagan & 3rd Man by Caron and Fumidus by Profumo Durante Rome.
    I`d add the following:
    Bandit by Robert Piguet
    Antaeus by Chanel
    Jules by Dior
    Macassar by Rochas

with sweeter side
    Eau du Fier by Goutal
    Way too many choices for this guy. We need 2-3 for our friend with explanations. I really think a brief explanation does wonders. He came to us for advice so we need to hook him up.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 9th December 2008 at 07:44 AM.

I'd pick Parfumerie Generale Querelle or Serge Lutens Chergui.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

To be brief - Yatagan. Has a high concentration of castoreum, an animalic scent which www.profumo.it says projects a "manager zen" of authority and power. Yatagan, like the sword its named after, makes no apologies and takes no prisoners.

Throwing out a recommendation to try Rochas Lui. To me it has a bit of a Bois du Portugal or even Yatagan vibe but a bit more subdued, subtle, and modern.

Said that excellent suggestions like Yatagan, Piguet Bandit, Nasomatto Duro, Chanel Antaeus and Rochas Lui have been given, I'd suggest you also to try
    Montale Black Aoud
    Chanel Pour Monsieur edt Concentrée
    Givenchy Gentleman
    Molinard Habanita (it's said it was created to scent the cigaret boxes originally heh)
    Gucci PH
    Maitre Parfumer et Gantier Santal Noble

Van Cleef & Arpels TSAR will help keep the b****es in line while smelling great at the same time.

Bulgari Black perhaps?
    Eau Savage

Basenotes Plus

Michael Storer's Winter Star fits perfectly.

Quorum by Antonio Puig

Thumbs up Re: Gentlemens Club Manager Scent Recomendations

If you're looking for power w/ the girls...I'd suggest buying some sd-39c alcohol, and dissolving some A1 Yola into it, eau de coca concentre if you will. This is instant POWER !!! LOL
    Seriously though...

Cartier Santos or Creed Vintage Tabarome is probably what you're looking for.

Vintage Tabarome seems like an excellent choice but I'd like to know more about gcappuzi's age and what he's enjoyed wearing in the past. You've got to enjoy what you wear or it's not going to say power or anything else.

That's true^.
    If you're above 45, Vintage Tabarome is an instant no-brainer.
    I was going to say Bel Ami, but it'll blend with the smoke, not stand thru it.
    Cartier Santos will cut through the smoke too, and is cleaner than Vintage Tabarome, with still an aura of western authority. Aramis is good as well, but very common.

Vintage Tabarome
    Knize Ten

or for something more modern, Burberry London (heavily applied).

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I know I'm gonna get thrashed here, but I just gotta. Secretions Magnifique

On a serious note, I 8th, 9th, etc. Vintage Tabarome.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post

I`d add the following:
    Bandit by Robert Piguet
    Antaeus by Chanel
    Jules by Dior
    Macassar by Rochas

with sweeter side
    Eau du Fier by Goutal
    Bandit is originally for women
    Antaeus is quite difficult to find in the USA
    Jules is sold only in France
    Macassar has been discontnued

Most of the rest mentioned are niche - difficult to find and expensive. Some Bnoters are Cred fans, however, pricey.

Just follow the thread on sillage mentioned by Alknam

ttp://community.basenotes.net/showt...06#post1376706
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=215195

However, my personal recommendation from the fragrances I know: Givenchy Gentleman.

Thanks for the quick replies from everyone, i appreciate the help from all of you. I am writing all of these down, and i will start the research and sampling soon. Any other recomendations will be greatly appreciated.

If you're willing to spend the money. Bond No.9 H.O.T. Always. I'm shocked no one brought that up. Bel Ami too would work.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    To be brief - Yatagan. Has a high concentration of castoreum, an animalic scent which www.profumo.it says projects a "manager zen" of authority and power. Yatagan, like the sword its named after, makes no apologies and takes no prisoners.
    Oh lord it pains me to dissent here! I might be about the biggest Yatagan hound on this board (or maybe second to AromiErotici). The juice certainly is assertive and masculine.

BUT: I would never describe it as a sillage monster. BUT BUT: It's still great, strong-smelling manly stuff.
    Last edited by alkman; 9th December 2008 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    Vintage Tabarome seems like an excellent choice but I'd like to know more about gcappuzi's age and what he's enjoyed wearing in the past. You've got to enjoy what you wear or it's not going to say power or anything else.

I knew i forgot some crucial information. Well i am still quite young, i am 24 years old. I enjoy many scents. I generally preffer sweeter scents, but like them all as long as they are good. I enjoy everything from Silver Mountain Water to Black XS to Escada Moon to Angel Men to M7. Usually if it is in my wardrobe i enjoy it. But the whole thing was that i was looking for that power fragrance. That smell that when i walk past a customer, they are saying to themselves theres the boss. Also when i am working i am dressed in slacks, shoes, button up shirt. Out of everything that i currently own i feel that Creed Original Vetiver, and Cartier L'Essence de Declaration are my scents that yell power.

So i guess lets also have the scent fit my age or me being able to pull it off. My father wears Cartier Santos as someone had suggested, and it does scream power, but it also screams old man, not that that is a bad thing, but it is more suited for an older male like my pop.

Don't you hate it when your looking for a recommendation and out come the impossible-to-find, break-the-bank niche recommendations. Duro anybody?

Stick with these and you'll be fine.

Azzaro PH
    Rive Gauche PH
    Paco Rabanne PH
    Halston Z-14
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

a big a$$ed vote for Knize Ten. get a litre of it. and i think you shud be all set.

What self respecting upstanding member of this forum would even think of supporting such a disgusting venue.

Would you waive the door charge for BN members
    Last edited by silverbullet; 9th December 2008 at 06:47 PM.

I think Lagerfeld Classic or Photo would be right. Overpowering and they don't take sh*t off nobody
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Ruggles's suggestion of Eucris by Trumpers is a good one, and it reminds me of another idea--Floris's Elite. Man, that's really good stuff. Powerful and elegant.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Erm... is this a gentlemen's club as in leather chairs, cigars, broadsheet newspapers and conversations that change national policy or a gentlemans club with pole dancers?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Erm... is this a gentlemen's club as in leather chairs, cigars, broadsheet newspapers and conversations that change national policy or a gentlemans club with pole dancers?
    They're called dance engineers

Cambridge, Leeds, London and Newcastle (It's complicated!)

what about 'textile relocation technicians'

Wink Re: Gentlemens Club Manager Scent Recomendations

So you're the BOSS?

So you want everybody to know that you're the N° 1?

So you want something with sillage?

So why don't you try BOSS N° 1?

Kouros definitely makes that statement!

Duro, can't deny the power of this frag.

Musc Ravageur won't shout, "I'm the boss", but it will be popular

Any fragrance that is to be worn in a "signature scent" sort of way should at least smell good IMHO. A brash fragrance, after the novelty wears off, can only do a disservice to the wearer.

I think I'd recommend Chanel's Pour Monsieur

Polo Crest,no doubt here
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Creed's GIT and MI smells ultimately gentlemanly IMO. But for the BOSS of a gentleman club, I would recommend Zino by davidoff.
    " Human beings are members of a whole,
    In creation of one essence and soul.

If one member is afflicted with pain,
    Other members uneasy will remain.

If you have no sympathy for human pain,
    The name of human you cannot retain."

Saadi (13th Century Persian Poet)

Cumming
    Bel Ami
    Kouros
    Santos Concentree