• L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme

60 48.39%
  • Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme

64 51.61%

Default Bvlgari Aqva or Issey Miyake?

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme

or

Bvlgari Aqva?

Default Re: Bvlgari Aqva or Issey Miyake?

so what do you think?
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

can't tell. both are equally good.

My vote goes to Issey.

L'eau D'issey. By far.

Sur la Plage

Bulgari Aqua by a mile......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

man you love you some polls. It's really up to you. Everyone likes different frags. Like the question before, what do you like?

Bvlgari by KO...

Blog Entries

Aqua, by a long shot. Issey Miyake's citrus punch to the face and flowery components almost gave me a headache. Plus, my sister said it smelled "girly".

Blog Entries

Tough choice for me. I love and own Aqua, but I really like LEdIPH, and am always tempted to buy it when I see it. I voted Aqua, but I think they're both excellent choices.

My vote goes to bulgari aqua. I find it very similar to issey mikyake, just less harsh.

Bvlgari Aqva

Issey is nuclear. Intense headache stuff. Acqua di Gio beats this stuff by miles - and gets beaten by miles by Aqva.

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja View Post
    Issey is nuclear. Intense headache stuff. Acqua di Gio beats this stuff by miles - and gets beaten by miles by Aqva.
    you are right on!

both...

I used to LOOOOOVE issey miyake. It used to be one of my favorite fragrances. Then one day I wore the fragrance, and it made me feel really nauseous. Then every time I wore it, and could smell it on myself, I felt really sick. What is crazy is I have never felt this way before with any fragrance ( and I have many). What else is crazy is when I gave it away to someone, it smelled great on THEM and did not make me feel sick. For this reason I have to say go with Bulgari aqua. I also get just as many compliments on Bulgari aqua as I do with Creed Erolfa, which is like 4x the price....

I hope this makes sense and is of some help to you....
    Last edited by Maz24; 19th December 2008 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks for all the posts. This has been a hard decision, but I think I will have to go with the bulgari as well for now.

No one gets put off by Aqva's seaweed-note?

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    No one gets put off by Aqva's seaweed-note?
    I think that's what's so unique about Bulgari Aqua, smells like the ocean, without that foul dead fish smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    I think that's what's so unique about Bulgari Aqua, smells like the ocean, without that foul dead fish smell.
    Yeah, I liked the uniqueness and the intention. However, I guess someone left a dead fish in my bottle. I really, really wanted to love this fragrance, but I couldn't. Still find it a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Yeah, I liked the uniqueness and the intention. However, I guess someone left a dead fish in my bottle. I really, really wanted to love this fragrance, but I couldn't. Still find it a shame.
    Wow that is a shame! Either you have received a bottle that was stored improperly before you purchased it, or it just doesn't work with your skin chemistry. That reminds me of how I used to love Baldesserini. It smelled great on the tester strip, and on my friends as well. Unfortunately on me it smelled like dead fish.
    Last edited by Maz24; 28th January 2009 at 10:47 PM.

For some reason bulgari aqua is just kind of boring and smells like any other mens fragrance on me. Issey, however, is a bit more exciting and I am leaning towards it over aqua...maybe I am missing something here.

Bulgari Aqua is slight,to the point of inconsequence. Issey is by far the better choice

My vote goes to bvlgari aqua

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wragen22 View Post
    For some reason bulgari aqua is just kind of boring and smells like any other mens fragrance on me. Issey, however, is a bit more exciting and I am leaning towards it over aqua...maybe I am missing something here.
    I think you're seeing what we all are, and are reacting according to your personal preference. Nothing wrong with that. The Issey has a wood note which is absent from the Bulgari - at least it is for me. The aquatic accord is also lighter and fresher in Issey, in my opinion. The Bulgari has more of a briney aspect, and the seaweed note stands out. And the degree to which the aquatic accord in either one is fishy will vary from person to person.

Best solution - own both!

I'd choose Issey, nice citrussy summer fragrance for me.
    I have tried Aqva about 2 or three times, never cared for it enough to even consider a decant..

Issey Miyake is my favourite scent for summer/spring, it gets me so many compliments from the ladies and it has very good longevity, I think its one of those scents that I will make sure I never run out of

my vote goes to aqua, it seems to be less ubiquitous.

I really like both and purely on the merits chose L'eau D'Issey because on me it is slightly better.
    I don't think this is an obvious choice and even based on the closeness of the vote that seems to be true.
    One factor to take into account is your desire to smell different. Bvlgari Aqua is less common in the general public than L'Eau D'Issey is.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

While I like both, I'd have to go w/ L'eau D'Issey given that it was my favorite during my college days. Unfortunately, it's become much harsher to me lately so I probably won't replace the bottle I have once it's gone.

very tough choice! i voted for Issey..

I voted for Issey due to Aqva making my clothes smell like dust. And I'm not in love with Issey anyway!
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

i tried both and i vote without hesitation for Issey Miyake .......

issey all day, everyday!

Issey. But they're both good scents.

Quote Originally Posted by wragen22 View Post
    I agree completely with your statement. I found bugari aqua boring. Issey is definitely more exciting. But to each his own.

Issey! I can't stand the seaweed note in Aqva at all

Hate to break it to ya, but Bulgari Aqua does not smell like the ocean. I've lived within 2 miles of the Atlantic and Pacific my entire life and I was revolted by Bulgari Aqua. The strange salty water accord was not representative of the ocean, and the spiciness in an aquatic made it seem like some early 40's bachelor trying to act young by wearing "younger" clothing. Issey!

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Hate to break it to ya, but Bulgari Aqua does not smell like the ocean. I've lived within 2 miles of the Atlantic and Pacific my entire life and I was revolted by Bulgari Aqua. The strange salty water accord was not representative of the ocean, and the spiciness in an aquatic made it seem like some early 40's bachelor trying to act young by wearing "younger" clothing. Issey!
    Oh my... You've not only seen an ocean - but actually lived near them?? Incredible! Are they as beautiful as we've imagined?

You see, everyone else here just makes assumptions based on what we've seen on TV and in movies. We've all just had to guess what the oceans of the world might smell like. Thanks for correcting us. Maybe if we could get a couple more noses like yours that have smelled the authentic, we could finally put to rest the debate on the best - and only true - aquatics.

A thousand blessings upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyjenkis View Post
    Oh my... You've not only seen an ocean - but actually lived near them?? Incredible! Are they as beautiful as we've imagined?

You see, everyone else here just makes assumptions based on what we've seen on TV and in movies. We've all just had to guess what the oceans of the world might smell like. Thanks for correcting us. Maybe if we could get a couple more noses like yours that have smelled the authentic, we could finally put to rest the debate on the best - and only true - aquatics.

A thousand blessings upon you.
    And a thousand kind "fuck you's" upon you. Merely stating my experienced opinion based off people commenting it smelled like the ocean.

The bamboo note pushed Issey ahead by an inch. Bvlgari Aqva, a close second!

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    And a thousand kind "fuck you's" upon you. Merely stating my experienced opinion based off people commenting it smelled like the ocean.
    Maybe you should try to determine why there is a difference in opinion between you and so many other people, rather than simply declaring that you are right and everyone else is wrong. You see - you do not get final say on what smells remind people of the ocean. You have no copyright on the smells of the worlds seas and oceans.

Maybe, had you not been so self-centered in your thinking on the matter, you might have recognized that your nose has become desensitized to many of the smells of the ocean since you have lived so close your entire life. Some of us who only venture near an ocean a few times a year can surely smell the ocean before we see it. Some of those scents that alert us to the ocean from so far away you assuredly cannot detect anymore.

You were not "merely stating" your experience. You were being condescending and insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyjenkis View Post
    Maybe you should try to determine why there is a difference in opinion between you and so many other people, rather than simply declaring that you are right and everyone else is wrong. You see - you do not get final say on what smells remind people of the ocean. You have no copyright on the smells of the worlds seas and oceans.

Maybe, had you not been so self-centered in your thinking on the matter, you might have recognized that your nose has become desensitized to many of the smells of the ocean since you have lived so close your entire life. Some of us who only venture near an ocean a few times a year can surely smell the ocean before we see it. Some of those scents that alert us to the ocean from so far away you assuredly cannot detect anymore.

You were not "merely stating" your experience. You were being condescending and insulting.
    Wow, you seriously need to calm down. He gave his opinion.. chill out

hahaha

but seriously, you guys, Issey is starting to smell dated. Aqua is way fresher (gasp! the forbidden adjective...) and more classy. Maybe I need to give it another smell when I'm at sephora next time, but issey struck me as a bit more musky and stale...

If issey and aqua went to the beach, Issey would be that annoying girl on the shore too scared to go in ("wahhhh, its too cold!"), and aqua would have to constantly cajole and prompt her to go in, as it floated among the waves.

Bvlgari Aqua for me, it actually reminds me of a lightly sunny afternoon at the tropical beach of my old hometown
    Perfume noob

One more vote for Issey. Anyway, both are generally good popular scents. So before you decide, do head down to the mall and spritz both scents on each hand and do a direct comparison. That should be the best way.

Aqua - more unique and smells more like the ocean
    Sales thread here

Dependent

love them both for very different reasons, both are great