Code of Conduct

Default Looking for something similar to Coty 001

So I'm rather experienced with men's scents, but know just about nothing of women's. I'm looking for something for my girlfriend for Christmas and think I would love something like Coty 001 on her(I have it on the back of my hand right now and can't stop smelling it). No I don't own any other Coty stuff I just got this one because it's so rare. Since the notes of 001 make just about no sense it's hard to look for a similar notes makeup. I'm probably going to have to buy it blind, since there isn't a lot of places to shop around here. She's 21, pretty laid back, and wears Michael by Kors right now. I like it on her, but she wants something from me and says I have good taste in scents. I mean I do, but only on me... I'm looking for something warm and inviting and not too powerful. Something that wears pretty close to the skin, but isn't overly fresh. She doesn't like candles that smell foody, so a gourmand is probably out. Hopefully that's a decent description of what I'm looking for, sorry if it's not. So far my choice is Costume National Scent, would that be a good one? I can always buy her two and keep the Scent for myself if she doesn't like it too

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for something similar to Coty 001

What is Coty 001?

Post Thanks / Like

I think the "electrostatic" accord must be ozone, and the composition on the whole sounds like it could pass for an Essentric or Comme des Garcons scent.

For a licorice frag, I found Serge Lutens Douce Amere to be very enticing. It does remind me a bit of Kenzo Amour, though, which is substantially more affordable. Both are about medium in sillage, and the Kenzo has better longevity than the SL. A Kenzo fragrance that wears closer to the skin is Vintage Edition Peace--it is a sort of a vanilla and white musk frag with soft woods in the base, and has the Annick Menardo twist.

Cool, the Kenzo Peace sounds like it could fit the bill. I actually don't get any ozone or licorice in the 001, but it is floral over wood/musk. How's the longevity of Peace? Also, looking at ebay, it might be a good time to sell my bottle of Time for Peace lol. Prices sure have changes in the few years I've been out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Longevity is great--it lasts all day usually. It does wear extremely close to the skin, though. I still have not bought a bottle because I have been using my samples--I usually spray 2 sprays to each arm, and it gets trapped under my sleeves. That also helps the longevity, so it may be different for her depending on her habits and how hot/cold humid/dry the weather is.