Code of Conduct

Default Burberry Brit or Carlos Santana?

I've been testing a lot of different colognes the past couple of weeks, and I have it narrowed down to Burberry Brit or Carlos Santana for Men.

I've sniffed Brit, and it's very nice, but the powder smell on the drydown is a bit feminine. I also wonder if it's a little too similar to Burberry London, which I already have.

I can't seem to find a place to sniff Santana, but I've read glowing reviews of it here. The spicy apple smell sounds wonderful, but is the cologne really strong and musky?

I prefer subtle, smooth, non-overpowering scents. I currently rotate YSL L'Homme, Burberry London, and Nautica Voyage, so I'm looking for something that will add a little bit of variety to my limited collection.

Default Re: Burberry Brit or Carlos Santana?

If you like Brit but not the powdery dry down, try Armani Code.
    For something totally different, try Jil Sander for men in the weird slanted boeetle with a black cap.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

I'd go with Brit. I like it and I think it smells different enough from London that I own both.

If Brit is too powdery, maybe one of the Chanel Allures would be an alternative. I think Code is missing the lemony top notes and is thus much darker than Brit.

Brit's the more subtle of the two, but Santana's sexier and stronger.
    If subtlety's your thing, though, by all means go for the Brit.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Great rotation. I think Burberry Brit would fit in fine. Plus it's not as powdery-sweet and the end of the drydown.

I find Santana to have about the same strength, presence and smoothness of L'Homme - I actually find them a bit similar in execution. If you took out the lemon and ginger in L'Homme and replaced it with some lavender, cinnamon and apples, you've got Santana.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by kstorm View Post
    I've been testing a lot of different colognes the past couple of weeks, and I have it narrowed down to Burberry Brit or Carlos Santana for Men.

I've sniffed Brit, and it's very nice, but the powder smell on the drydown is a bit feminine. I also wonder if it's a little too similar to Burberry London, which I already have.

I can't seem to find a place to sniff Santana, but I've read glowing reviews of it here. The spicy apple smell sounds wonderful, but is the cologne really strong and musky?

I prefer subtle, smooth, non-overpowering scents. I currently rotate YSL L'Homme, Burberry London, and Nautica Voyage, so I'm looking for something that will add a little bit of variety to my limited collection.
    If you live in the US, I have seen testers of Santana in JC Penneys.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread