Code of Conduct

Default What fragrance do you spray all over your bed and pillows?

I spray so much perfume on myself during the day that I have to manage my arms' dryness so I spray perfume on my pillows and bed sheets at night, instead of on myself. It is more wasteful but it means I can wear stuff 24/7 without "skin recuperation days".

I'm a guy and I love it when my bed smells like women.

In the last two months, I have sprayed:
    -Half of a 100ml Jo Malone - Nectarine Blossom and Honey
    -1 oz of Sun, Moon, Stars, a pretty cheap pharmacy fragrance that I love.
    -About 1oz of these Avon fragrances (Make me Smile, Make me Wonder, Fire me Up)
    -Some CDG Burnt Sugar, but my bottle was so hard to find, I don't want to risk finishing it on my bed.

Only recently have I started spraying male fragrances over my bed:
    -Le Dandy d'Orsay for men (about 30 sprays)

I've wanted to spray Annick Goutal Sables, but I'm afraid it does not smell as good on clothes as on skin, and it tends to last for days even if you shower so forget it.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What fragrance do you spray all over your bed and pillows?

DH loves it when I spray Demeter Wet Garden.

Occasionally I like Miss Balmain on my pillowcase, just for me.

Since the dog sleeps under the covers with us, the sheets often smell like corn chips (you know dog's feet smell like Fritoes, don't you? It's because dog food contains so much corn, and dogs sweat through their feet.)

Not a custom for me, as I've done it only a few times - with Amouage Gold Men, as I was just getting aquainted with it. That wonderful floral scent made me feel great, rich and relaxed, it never gave me a headache, even upon overdosing.

I don't see any particular reason to spray some other of my frags over my bed... I guess I'd rather sleep in roses than in lemons, pines, chocolate, tabacco or vanilla.

I don't like any fragrance on the sheets. It took me ages to find washing powder/liquid with a smell that didn't keep me awake. There's the smell of whatever bath oil I've used, and any moisturiser, but that's it.

I spray myself and my nightie/pajamas, not my linen. Favorite bedtime scents during the winter include LV Donna, LV Teint de Neige, Bond No 9 New Haarlem, AG Sables, L'A Ambre Extreme, Profumum Ambra Aurea, DK Black Cashmere, Barbara Bui, Bogner Wood Woman, CCB-Paris Annam, iPdF Tabacco and Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

Basenotes Institution

I spray my linen and my pillows nearly every night with some scent of the other. Usually it's Love's True Bluish Light which is fabulous at night or Infusion D'Iris or L'Heure Bleue .Though i also love the smell of Youth Dew on my pillow at night .However, YD tends to leave a sort of sicky scent later that smells abit moldy so I have to change the linen to spray something else on.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Since the dog sleeps under the covers with us, the sheets often smell like corn chips (you know dog's feet smell like Fritoes, don't you? It's because dog food contains so much corn, and dogs sweat through their feet.)
    OMG --The mystery of delicious dog-paw scent is revealed! We think the word "butternut" captures it, and a friend's father swears it is the scent of popcorn!

Many thanks for the explanation!

And to get back to topic: I iron the pillowcases (not the sheets--I wish I had that energy!) with lavender water. I kind of like the scent of the humans (scented or unscented) to contrast rather than blend with the sheets.
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 11th December 2008 at 10:45 PM.

I'll spray some Les Nereides Musc de Samarkand on my sheets sometimes but usually I wear it myself. Such a gentle scent for bedtime.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Occasionally in warm weather I'll spray the sheets/pillows with an old, discontinued (like so many of my favorites, alas) bottle of L'Occitane Verveine that has heart and base notes of lavender. As the lemony verbena note fades, the lavender becomes more prominent; the transition is very smooth. A very nice fragrance to relax with.

In fact, I prefer this use of the bottle rather than as a body fragrance.

DH loves it when I spray Demeter Wet Garden.

Occasionally I like Miss Balmain on my pillowcase, just for me.

So THAT'S why my dog's feet used to smell like that! My husband thought I was crazy. We've recently switched his dog food to Natures Variety. It's supposed to be mostly meat and no fillers.... Okay, now I'm going to smell his feet to see if I'm being ripped off. I love that I can admit that on the internet.

I usually spray flower water on my sheets. I like to use lilac, rose, and lavender flower water. I suppose that I might spray Black Aoud on my sheets when I get some for, ahem, special occasions. I love that stuff. Thanks, Sillverbullet!

(you know dog's feet smell like Fritoes, don't you?
    Why, yes! One of my dogs had feet that smelled like Fritoes! You nailed the smell, exactly! However, he ate mostly people food. Rice and adobo, usually.

I spray Lavender Mist from the Healing Garden on my bedsheets or Tisserand's
    Bitter Orange and Jasmine Fresh Linen Mist.Both are condusive to sleep and smell
    fresh and calming.

The only thing I occasionally put on my sheets/pillows is pure lavender essential oil.

My dogs eat only human food (no kibble for 2+ years) and one of them smells the way she always has (corn chip feet, clean fur on the rest of her) and the doxie still smells mildly of peanuts, as ever.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

lavender scents: classic, simple, and uncomplicated
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

On bed linens I love Egyptian Cotton, and Jessica McClintock. I don't like these scents as a perfume, I think because they don't have much depth. But they make sheets smell wonderfulllllll
    Last edited by pomander; 12th December 2008 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LedByMyNose View Post
    the doxie still smells mildly of peanuts, as ever.
    One of my dogs smelled vaguely of potato chips, all the time. Fritos, peanuts, potato chips, all go well with hot dogs and a baseball game!

But back on topic: I've sprayed my linens with Rose 31 before, hoping to make it last longer. (My linens don't shower every day, as I do.) It does *not* smell the same. Hairspray. It smells best on my skin, for some reason. Since that horrible experiment, the only other one I've tried is Un Jardin en Mediterranee, since I noticed it lingered on my jacket sleeve nicely. It worked a lot better on linens and lasts FOREVER, but it's not something I care to sleep with!

Hmmmm, extremely rarely, I may spray lavender water (corny, but nice). For 99% of the time I don't apply any scent to my bedding.

I spray Parfumee Au Te Verte the sheets sometimes, but mostly scent my own nightclothes. DH isn't too crazy about waking up smelling like feminine perfumes.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Prada's Infusion d'Iris finally found it's proper use on the linen.
    Mmm... cool, crisp and clean.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: What fragrance do you spray all over your bed and pillows?

Caron's Royal Bain de Caron.

Basenotes Institution

Oh I have actually ironed my sheets and pilowcases with sprays of Fracas EDP.

If I sprayed a fragrance all over our bed and pillows my husband would have a fit! He complains about my perfume habit as it is, or rather tries very obviously stoically to tolerate it.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    If I sprayed a fragrance all over our bed and pillows my husband would have a fit! He complains about my perfume habit as it is, or rather tries very obviously stoically to tolerate it.
    Fortunately my husband doesn't really notice perfume that much .....it kind of glides over his head ! He thinks I'm amusing......
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 7th October 2009 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Fortunately my husband doesn't really notice perfume that much .....it kind of glides over his head ! He thinks I'm amusing......
    Lucky you! Mine has a really sensitive nose. He smells things sooner and more intensely than I do. Perfume really bothers him sometimes...mostly when it's just been sprayed. He doesn't mind it so much after it's dried down for a while.

Basenotes Institution

My husband is so the opposite of me- he doesn't give 2 hoots about fragrance- he tries really hard to use his Gucci scent . He still has the Tom Ford I bought for him a year ago . He really doesn't notice what I am using - Bluebell is the same as Opium to him . I do spray my pillows with Bluebell sometimes too. My son is more into fragrance - cute little guy he is . He thinks it'll attract the 'ladies' at school !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 7th October 2009 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    LOL mine too!

I love to lightly spritz the bed when I make it in the morning, a little spray between the sheets and on the pillows. Then it is very subtle at night. Les Nereides Douceur de Vanille, Tocade, or orange blossom scents, or one of the Clean scents.

But the best is a lite sprinkling of perfumed talc, especially in the heat. Makes for a silky cool scented bed. No5 is to die for.
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 7th October 2009 at 01:54 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    LOL mine too!

I love to lightly spritz the bed when I make it in the morning, a little spray between the sheets and on the pillows. Then it is very subtle at night. Les Nereides Douceur de Vanille, Tocade, or orange blossom scents, or one of the Clean scents.

But the best is a lite sprinkling of perfumed talc, especially in the heat. Makes for a silky cool scented bed. No5 is to die for.
    We are lucky 3xasif ! I feel like a naughty kid sometimes when I know I have probably over sprayed the sheets ......
    I also love your idea about the talc - I would never have thought of it. I almost never know what to do with perfumed talc .......
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 7th October 2009 at 02:10 PM.

Like Lillybelle, I have a husband with a very sensitive nose. He doesn't like me to spray anything in the bedroom, and always asks, "WHAT DID YOU JUST SPRAY!". Sometimes I get away with saying that it's a "sleepy-time" scent, designed for relaxation (if it's a light lavender or chamomile based spritz). Usually, I just wait until he is asleep and then I put a little perfume on my wrist or the inside of my elbow so I can sniff it as I'm drifting off or when I awake in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by queen cupcake View Post
    Like Lillybelle, I have a husband with a very sensitive nose. He doesn't like me to spray anything in the bedroom, and always asks, "WHAT DID YOU JUST SPRAY!". Sometimes I get away with saying that it's a "sleepy-time" scent, designed for relaxation (if it's a light lavender or chamomile based spritz). Usually, I just wait until he is asleep and then I put a little perfume on my wrist or the inside of my elbow so I can sniff it as I'm drifting off or when I awake in the night.
    Dabbing is easier to get away with than spraying.

When I was a teen I used to sprinkle Love's Lemon scent on my sheets and pillowscases. And then I got into musk oil, which would not wash out of the bed linens. If you weren't in the mood for musk, too bad!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 7th October 2009 at 08:04 PM.

I have naturally scented candles near the bed that waft a subtle relaxing fragrance in the air, but don't spray the bed linens. I also use scent free fabric softener.

Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise; or occasionally, Muelhens' 4711 for the citrusy-fresh smell.
    Q: How do you make a feminine fragrance masculine?
    A: Add 'Pour Homme' to the bottle
    - Pierre Bourdon

I've been using a pillow mist from Boots recently. It's got lavender and basil in it. My husband hates it, but the scent really helps me to drift off soundly. I never thought to use actual perfume before though!

I don't usually spray anything fresh on at night - on me or my bed. Don't like the sensation.
    I keep pieces of excellently smelling soap (Nesti Dante Sardegna, in case of terminal curiosity ) in the drawers under my bed, though, which leave gently curling wisps of fragrance all around it.
    Once or twice though, I've used Impérial Opoponax, just the one spray in the morning, and that works nicely too.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Dependent

For sometime now, I have been using little spritz of Acqua di Gio (men's) on my pillows and sheets. Always seems to have a nice therapeutic effect for me. Though I am on the lookout to try other methods suggested to me, like scented powder/talc.

Quote Originally Posted by GourmandHomme View Post
    Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise; or occasionally, Muelhens' 4711 for the citrusy-fresh smell.
    I really like the idea of both of these. I don't know if I can get away with Beyond Paradise, but I think even my husband would tolerate a very light spritz of 4711. I have to share this, I usually shower in the morning, but last night because I knew I was getting up very early I had a shower before bed...I had the most restful night's sleep that I've had in ages, lightly scented with Castille soap. Bliss!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: What fragrance do you spray all over your bed and pillows?

You know since I have discovered Barbara Bui's Le Parfum I would like to use it for night time wear but, it is so hard to find that I reserve it for special times like holidays. Tea Rose is another good fragrance for the sheets and pillows.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    You know since I have discovered Barbara Bui's Le Parfum I would like to use it for night time wear but, it is so hard to find that I reserve it for special times like holidays. Tea Rose is another good fragrance for the sheets and pillows.
    I adore Tea Rose, but use L'Occitane Quatre Reines (a rose EDT) or the Vetiver.

Nice, light and sweet dreams.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Hillaire

I learned a trick a couple of years ago from a client. You can make your own "dryer sheets" by saturating a rag or washcloth with scent and water, then tossing into your dryer load...

I do this with everything, not just bedding. My favorite all-around "clean" smell for linens is Je Reviens, but for bedding I adore Balmain Balmain, Apercu, Knowing, or Amazone...expensive "dryer sheets", I know.
    Last edited by Hillaire; 9th October 2009 at 03:13 AM.

Basenotes Institution

I never spray my bed, as I wear a fragrance to bed every night, and I don't want a scent from the sheets clashing with my fragrance.

I even use unscented fabric softener, as I like to have unscented clothes.

The only fragrance that is on my bed is the smell of sex
    Last edited by Maz24; 9th October 2009 at 01:01 PM.