Code of Conduct

Default Shiseido Tactics - a replacement for vintage Cerruti?

I'm wondering whether Shiseido Tactics could serve as a decent replacement of Nino Cerruti - the wonderful green signature scent in its vintage glory, not the tacky reformulation. Top and middle notes are quite similar, while the base of tactics is more powdery and features tonka, according to H&R. Does anybody have experience with these?
    Last edited by the_good_life; 11th December 2008 at 09:14 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: Shiseido Tactics - a replacement for vintage Cerruti?

This is kind of an arcane question, isn't it ? I have received a useful p.m., though, thanks for that. Still, any further feedback is appreciated
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I bought a bottle of Tactics in Tokyo a couple of years ago. It will always remind me of walking around Ginza.
    It's a clean, odd green, citrus and wood over white musk. I don't know the Cerutti in question, but from the note pyramid it looks much more like a typical late 70's, resinous wood/floral masculine than the odd "laundry detergent" that Tactics is.
    On that thought, I think Tactics could fit in with the early Diptyque creations and shares some of that weird herbal combo of the original Comme des Garcons Perfume.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 13th December 2008 at 12:18 AM.

Which Cerruti are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I'm wondering whether Shiseido Tactics could serve as a decent replacement of Nino Cerruti - the wonderful green signature scent in its vintage glory, not the tacky reformulation. Top and middle notes are quite similar, while the base of tactics is more powdery and features tonka, according to H&R. Does anybody have experience with these?
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

Quote Originally Posted by mi-hooked? View Post
    Which Cerruti are you referring to?
    This one:http://scentdirect.com/genealogy.php?scentID=834
    My Wardrobe

the_good_life, I haven't come across the reformulation of this gem yet having stocked up a while ago believing it was discontinued and not ever imagining that they would resurrect it only to let it live a half life.

Can you give us some details about how the vintage and reformulated juices vary and if there are any packaging give aways that will help us steer clear of the new juice? Thanks.

I am sorry I can't help you with the Shiseido Tactics questions. It's been a long time since I tried Tactics, and I can't recall much about it.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 13th December 2008 at 02:19 AM.

Latch35 knows stuff about vintage cerruti. If the answer doesn't come up here.....
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    the_good_life, I haven't come across the reformulation of this gem yet having stocked up a while ago believing it was discontinued and not ever imagining that they would resurrect it only to let it live a half life.

Can you give us some details about how the vintage and reformulated juices vary and if there are any packaging give aways that will help us steer clear of the new juice? Thanks.

I am sorry I can't help you with the Shiseido Tactics questions. It's been a long time since I tried Tactics, and I can't recall much about it.

scentemental

I only have a (gorgeous) miniature of the vintage which I love dearly. Last year it reappeared all over the web, on ebay, at rather low prices. The basic design of box and bottle is the same, though there are surely differences in details. The giveaway is that these new ones stem from after Coty's acquisition of the Cerruti license from Unilever. Coty Prestige is listed as producer. The new juice entirely lacks the depth of the vintage. It is rather harsh, raspy and thin. I disliked it from day one.
    My Wardrobe

As far as I have both - I do not call them similar.
    Tactics is green fresh cologne, while Nino Cerruti is warm semi-oriental scent has more deal with sappy and powdery notes of olibanum + spices, and woody greens (cedar, pine, etc).
    It`s from memory - I could make a double hand test this evening.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    the_good_life, I haven't come across the reformulation of this gem yet

scentemental

I think they replaced the oak moss from the original with tree moss. That's the biggest difference. The end result is a scent which smells mostly like a wet dog covered with molt chewing on a rotting orange.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Hi Gents
    I scored a mini earlier in the year & was instantly mesmerised by this gem .
    I have since managed to get a few more mini's .
    Here's a link to a thread that answers quite a few questions .
    cheers
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...hlight=cerruti

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    As far as I have both - I do not call them similar.
    Tactics is green fresh cologne, while Nino Cerruti is warm semi-oriental scent has more deal with sappy and powdery notes of olibanum + spices, and woody greens (cedar, pine, etc).
    It`s from memory - I could make a double hand test this evening.
    That would be great, though I'm sure your memory is correct - the more I learn about Tactics, the less it appears similar. Would you say it's worth getting for $25 anyway?

And btw: is there any perfume you don't have ?
    My Wardrobe

That would be great, though I'm sure your memory is correct - the more I learn about Tactics, the less it appears similar. Would you say it's worth getting for $25 anyway?

And btw: is there any perfume you don't have ?
    Tactics is fresh green citrus cologne (I have Pure Mist in spray, 100 ml) indeed, with lemon and galbanum that lasts by cedarwood and sage (jasmine is fresh and light and not so evident).
    It takes more time while it evolve to sillage which is not aloud.

Cerruti went from galbanum and citrus to warm heart and sillage more fast (and I should say it accented on heart and base). Olibanum, pine, powdery spices and benjoin and especially `hairy musk` notes appears more quickly, but it could be just my bottle. Hairy musk and carnation\cinnamon is the difference.

I`d say that Alliage (vintage), Devin Aramis or Bal a Versailles pour homme will be more close to Cerruti.

Would Tactics worth 25USD?
    Well, if you like colognes and colognes-to-green-chypre as category - yes, for sure, it worth it.

And no, I do not have this Stierstorpff cologne
    Last time I have count my collection - 424 full bottles and around 500-600 samples\decants.
    And while my try-wish-list is shortening, I still want to have something like Sous le Vent, Diorama, and some more vintages...
    Vetiver The Great!!!