Code of Conduct

Default Versace, Black Jeans

Wow, just got my bottle in the mail today (got it at an incredible discount) and, I must say, this is a very strange scent, but in a good way. It is really dark, smoky, and tarish. It is very unique; don't think I have ever smelled anything quite like it. I really think this is a highly underrated fragrance and that it was only discontinued because of the negative association with the Jeans line. I am pretty happy with this blind buy.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 12th December 2008 at 01:14 AM.

Default Re: Versace, Black Jeans

totally agree ... a superbly blended fragrance .
    I have said many times ,, the name wasn't appropriate .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Another one discovers the "wow factor" of Versace Black Jeans. You have good taste, my friend.

Yummy aromatic! I like it too!

What do you think about the longevity? I have had issues with Versace fragrances in the past and have not worn Black Jeans enough yet to comment on this issue.

Always reminds me of Mexican food for some reason. Not a bad thing, but there's something in it that keeps bringing me back to that, no idea why.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

It is such an obscure fragrance; has some really odd notes in it.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 12th December 2008 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Always reminds me of Mexican food for some reason. Not a bad thing, but there's something in it that keeps bringing me back to that, no idea why.
    What kinda Mexican food? Like a taco or somthing?

Not sure exactly. Just walking into a Mexican restaurant and the smell that's in the air. All of it.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on your Black Jeans. Words is spot-on re the elusive attractiveness of Black Jeans. Good longevity also.

There's a few bottles at my local mall stand - I've never been sure enough to buy blind. Does anyone know anything about Metal Jeans? I think it's the only 'jeans' that's more obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    There's a few bottles at my local mall stand - I've never been sure enough to buy blind. Does anyone know anything about Metal Jeans? I think it's the only 'jeans' that's more obscure.
    Not sure, but it is the only jeans fragrance that is tough to get, even online (can't even get it at Scentmonkey.com or other reputable online retailers). I must say though Metal Jeans, at least in the BN directory, gets overwhelmingly positive reviews.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 12th December 2008 at 08:47 AM.

I'm probably Metal Jeans' biggest fan around here, and it is great! Completely different frag from that of Black Jeans, but both are very well done. I cant believe that at one time, Metal Jeans actually sold for under $20USD. Seems like forever ago. I noticed that FragranceNet.com is selling bottles for $60USD, pretty good place to buy, never had a problem with them.

It's a citric, floral, sweet, watery fragrance. Addictive.

Oh BTW, I have a full bottle for sale in my Sale Thread.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=219103
    Last edited by Words; 12th December 2008 at 09:50 AM.

I still haven't had a chance to smell Black Jeans - I've nearly bought blind a couple of times and may do so eventually. In general I find the Versace jeans line to be some of the best blended synthetic designer frags ever and incredibly good value for money. Especially baby blue jeans which smells fantastic and can be bought very cheaply online.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 12th December 2008 at 11:10 AM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    I still haven't had a chance to smell Black Jeans - I've nearly bought blind a couple of times and may do so eventually. In general I find the Versace jeans line to be some of the best blended synthetic designer frags ever and incredibly good value for money. Especially baby blue jeans which smells fantastic and can be bought very cheaply online.
    Agreed, BBJ, is, in fact, a personal favorite of mine. With a discount I got a backup bottle at Scentmonkey.com for under $9.00 total (I think I got the last tester too bc they are now out of stock-they had testers for $8.99 + free shipping + 15% off-amazing!!). However, I am a little pissed at Scentmonkey because my bottle of Black Jeans arrived unsealed; meaning it was not sealed and the tin was literally open (It was not a tester either). The juice is A-OK but still kinda fishy.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 12th December 2008 at 05:47 PM.

BJ is one of the best frags I bought all year. Sort of a Rive Gauche ph reworked into a more casual and somewhat stranger scent.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I know that I like Black Jeans but wonder how other people will feel about it? I am going to test it out this weekend when I see friends.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 12th December 2008 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    BJ is one of the best frags I bought all year. Sort of a Rive Gauche ph reworked into a more casual and somewhat stranger scent.
    This is exactly what I think about it. Now I wrestle between Rive Gauche and Black Jeans when I want that cleaner, different feeling.

Oh, and Amazon.com seemed to have plenty of Black Jeans available. I believe my bottle was $23.00 2.5fl oz. No regrets about buying it and in fact I may need to buy another one.

As far as people liking it, so far I've met with relatively good success except from one chick, and she didn't like Rive Gauche either.
    Last edited by derango1; 12th December 2008 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Not sure exactly. Just walking into a Mexican restaurant and the smell that's in the air. All of it.
    That's funny you mention that. The first time I wore Black Jeans at my current job, one of the Mexican dishwashers(who spoke no English) walked by me and told her friend who spoke English to tell me that I smelled great.

This one always gets a lot of compliments.

Black Jeans is easily the best of the Versace frags -- warm, rubbery, dark and smoky, sexy and smoldering and musky all at once. Blue Jeans is great; the original Versace L'Homme is fantastic. But make no mistake -- Black Jeans rules.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

If someone wants to try it, send me a private message. Someone gave me some carded samples of it. I gave one away. I have one left that I could send you.

Edit: Samples gone as of 5 hours later. Thanks!
    Last edited by Aiona; 13th December 2008 at 05:00 AM.

Black Jeans is rich , thick & to my nose not synthetic at all , it also has projection & sillage to spare .
    Metal Jeans in comparison is a totally different frag , it thinner , weaker & close to the skin type nothingness .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

In what respect is Black Jeans similar to Rive Gauche PH? I've seen that comparison made a few times, but I'm not sure what it means.

Me neither. I have both, but I like Rive Gauche better.

Black Jeans is okay, but not more than that, IMO. Nice frag for cold evenings.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Usually I pass right by my bottle of Black Jeans whilst reaching for a different scent - but every time I actually pick it up and spray it I am reminded of how great it is.

It smells exactly as it's been described above - rubber, rich black tea, spice and more. I would add that it is also very sophisticated, with a slightly off-centre feel, which is a heady combination.

I also get very good longevity out of it, and it lasts several hours on my skin.

Marry all of that to its inexpensive price tag and you have a real winner.

I say to anyone thinking about it, risk the twenty bucks and give it a shot.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best

I have blind-bought it a few motnhs back and been posting about it.
    Now, some weeks later i have to say i dont find myself reaching for it very often.
    It is just that little bit too strange for most occasions, not a real feel-comfy-with scent.
    Suits well to a jeans shirt though!

Aw, by the way, i cant see the link between BJ and RVph at all, sorry.