Code of Conduct

Default 2 New fragrances by Ben Sherman

For those of you who don't know, Ben Sherman is a UK clothing label (my favorite). They had a male fragrance a while back exclusive to the UK, but I never tried it.

They just announced the worldwide release of two new male fragrances, Live Forever and 2Tone. Details are on benshermanusa.com.

I wish I had high hopes for these because I dearly love their clothing, but the descriptions aren't reassuring that these will be unique entities. Since I love Ben Sherman I'll probably buy the one that isn't described as being 'fresh'.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: 2 New fragrances by Ben Sherman

I love Ben Sherman clothing also - and stumbled upon the 1st fragrance when I was in London a few years ago. Alas, I felt it was another in the line of generic, boring designer fragrances. I am not expecting much - but maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I don't think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Live Forever smells like watered down Lynx (Axe?) and 2tone made me sneeze, so I couldn't smell it. But my colleague said it wasn't particularly good.

That's what I figured just by the description of them (and low cost).

I'll stick with the clothing.

Up Shirt Creek was nasty, synthetic, plasticy-sweet stuff. Only set me back 5$ though
    Also a big fan of their clothing here.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Haven't tried any Ben Sherman myself but note that Boots here in the UK seem to be pushing the brand quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gblue View Post
    I don't think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Live Forever smells like watered down Lynx (Axe?) and 2tone made me sneeze, so I couldn't smell it. But my colleague said it wasn't particularly good.
    I need to take this back.
    Live Forever doesn't smell much like Lynx. It's top note is a burst of sweetness, like some odd combination of Black XS and Opium Pour Homme. It's drydown is dry, herbal and floral and also theres vanilla. Quite ambery. I'm not offended by it.

2 Tone smells like Boss Pure. Which both have a similar note to Fahrenheit 32, which I smell as lemon + milk. The opening is just louder than it is for it's drydown. The weird lemon + milk stays, but with a strong musk note.

I'm glad for the British posts.... here in the US Ben Sherman markets itself as the 'historically hip UK brand', but it remains fairly obscure. I'm glad to hear I need not feel compelled to blind buy the fragrances because I like the clothing, though next time I'm near a boutique I'll try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    That's what I figured just by the description of them (and low cost).

I'll stick with the clothing.
    I liked the bottles. Never really heard of Ben Sherman clothing. Probably because my head is always stuck in Polo or the now out of business Harold Powell. But the first one Live Forever, seem to give me a Tommy vibe.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan