Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Blog Entries

Default SotD Saturday 13 December

Good morning,
    one more day in SL Fleurs d'Oranger for me.

Today we celebrate St.Lucia's day here in Finland (it's even a bigger event in Sweden) and Fd'O suits it fine and dandy bringing bright Mediterranean light to the darkness of December here up North...

Have a wonderful weekend!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Saturday 13 December

Eau de Cologne Imperiale - Guerlain

Incanto Charms this morning, just spritzed on Dolce Vita for SotE

Dependent

Morning: i Profumi di Firenze Brezza di Mare
    Afternoon: Parfum d'Empire Fougère Bengale
    Evening: Le Labo Rose 31 (from a sample from Aiona )

Lucia is the name of a woman who greatly disappointed me quite recently, and I'm inevitably reminded of her today
    However, happy St. Lucia's day to those celebrating it! May the light shine on in your lives.

I was reading about Le Baiser du Dragon this morning, so out of the cupboard it came and that's what I'm wearing today. Kissed by the Dragon, hehe (hiya Riannon!).

Have a fantabulous Saturday, folks!
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 13th December 2008 at 08:32 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Wink Re: SotD Saturday 13 December

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post

I was reading about Le Baiser du Dragon this morning, so out of the cupboard it came and that's what I'm wearing today. Kissed by the Dragon, hehe (hiya Riannon!).

Baci to Buni and a happy St. Lucia's day to all who are celebrating.

The central heating went out yesterday and they are still working to fix it. Strange....central heatings never collapse in summer......But I still have electricity, hot water and an ample supply of liquor....for emergencies only, of course

First cup of hot chocolate with Grand Marnier is already consumed and I suppose it will not be the last one. Every cloud.....

Booze and cold .....it has to be Ambre Russe for today.
    Warm and comforting like the fur of a Russian bear.....

Have a great start of the weekend!
    Last edited by Riannon; 13th December 2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: still can't spell :)
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

ANGEL - be afraid, be very afraid!!!
    Currently wearing: Cristobal by Balenciaga

Had a pre-shower cuppa with New Haarlem, and after lounging about am now changing into... nothing! Bwahaha. I have a perverse craving for something syrupy and darkly sweet, and might just go for a spritz and run of Versace Crystal Noir. Or somesuch thing. For the moment being, I've applied liberal amounts of BBW Blackcurrant Vanilla body lotion.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Good morning,my dears !
    Had a marvellously restorative lunch with our friends yesterday...body and soul.

[Sakecat- you MUST have me confused with someone really important..
    No freebies for mama.
    I'm just a tiny turd like everyone else..
    But I likes to share what I gots, LOL !]

I'm missing Jenny in Friesland, something awful-
    So I finally hunted down my L'Instant edp [wish I had the perfume]...buried under a pile of Cabochard, behind the Bois Oriental...with a flashlight.
    [She has many favorites, and this is one]

Bergamot, citrus honey, magnolia, vanilla.
    Feels just right for sleep and the cooler weather.

Off to work this w/e-
    Be well, my dears.
    Care for yourselves....

Good morning .

I'm in Comme des Garcons Avignon today, from a sample kindly sent by The Good Life. I think I need to get more of this.

Sur la Plage

Cacharel Nemo

Top Notes: walnut, cardamom, pepper and lavender
    Middle Notes: geranium, carnation, thyme and jasmine
    Base Notes: patchouli, cedar, leather and vanilla

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Happy St. Lucia's Day to those who are celebrating it.
    Wonderful day yesterday with ScentMother and Chaya we ate, we drank, we sniffed, we had fun.
    It is the cure for holiday blues, take two local Basenoters and go sniffing.
    If that doesn't help maybe another installment from Candy Town will chase the blues.

Part 1 was in Saturday Dec. 6th SotD threads.
    Part 2 was in Monday Dec. 8th SotD threads
    Part 3 was in Thursday Dec. 11th SotD threads

Return to Candy Town Pt. 4 (A Basenotes SotD Tale in 7 Parts)

Every addict will tell you that you have to hit rock bottom before you can get help. When you’re at the heights of celebrity that I was; the fall to rock bottom takes a little longer. It also comes with a little louder of a splat.
    Mary Jane and I had become hooked on Gingerbread Crack. As good as it was when we were separate. When we were together it was ecstatic. Like all who betray we were extra-careful to be good to GM. Like all who betray we were only fooling ourselves that he hadn’t noticed a change in the dynamic of our relationship.
    We weren’t always around when he called because we were usually rolling around in a cheap sugar shack in the penny candy district of Candy Town. I had to be careful not to leave my scent on her so I wore richer deeper chocolates like Possets Glee. When we would recover from our haze our explanations got less and less plausible the deeper Mary Jane and I sunk in our addiction.
    Like all tales of woe the cost would have to be paid in tears of sugar and the waiter had just left the bill on our table.
    Mary Jane and I had been carrying on for the better part of a year at the same place. Why we thought it wouldn’t get back to GM, I don’t know. Maybe subconsciously we wanted it to happen. Anyway it was a bright afternoon full of the sights and smells only Candy Town can provide and Mary Jane and I could only see the cheap candy walls of our little room. All of a sudden the door opens. I see the manager pocket the cash GM gives him and look up into the face of my best friend and Mary Jane’s fiancée.
    The frosting around his lips was a deep dark black and he said, “I knew this was going to happen. I expected you to keep Mary Jane away from this crap not share it with her!” As he pointed in disgust at the ziplock bag on the floor.
    He turned and gestured to the door and four huge gumballs came into the room. Two of them took the still high Mary Jane and started towards the door with her.
    I slurred, “What are you doing? Where are you taking her?”
    GM looked back at me and said, “Don’t worry Metro Man its none of your concern anymore. If you come looking for her, you’ll regret it.”
    Just then one of the other gumballs wound up and cracked me across the temple with a Tootsie Pop and that was the last time I saw Mary Jane.
    I looked up at sakecat22 and said, “There you go that’s the story. That’s the connection between GM and I.”
    Sakecat22 replied, “That can’t be all of the story. You and GM became friends again. Did you ever find out what happened to Mary Jane? C’mon you’ve told me this much, tell me the rest of the story.”
    I looked over at my partner and wondered if I should but for whatever reason the holidays were putting me in a confessional mood.
    So I started, “When I came to I was…..”

To Be Continued……….

Part 5 will be on Monday Dec. 15th
    Part 6 will be on Thursday Dec. 18th
    Part 7 will be on Saturday Dec. 20th

Have a great day everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Love your Candy Town Tale, SMM Please, go on confessing........

Would you consider a Christmas Special?
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Bois des Illes this morning... Quand vient la pluie in the evening. Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

Basenotes Plus

Thanks to a lovely perfume friend, today I am sampling

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie
    Notes: bergamot, rose, violet, aldehydes, cassie, mimosa, jasmine, clove, cedarwood, sandalwood, musk

Classically "perfumey" in the best possible way, but not the least bit artificial smelling, given the obvious top quality of the materials used. Elegant, utterly feminine. Exquisite.

Happy Saturday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Scent twin with you Ailuros, I am also Comme des Garçons Avignon and it also came from a very nice basenoter~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
    Good morning .

I'm in Comme des Garcons Avignon today, from a sample kindly sent by The Good Life. I think I need to get more of this.

Basenotes Institution

Aqua Allegoria Winter Delice by Guerlain

For a day of Christmas shopping!
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Good morning to all.
    Looking to this thread for inspiration... hmmm... think I will join LIB in Le Baiser du Dragon -- it's just what I need here.

Went shopping yesterday as the scent counters are in full force with specials. Didn't see anything that caught my eye nor my nose though.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the tale SMM.
    Keep wam Riannon!

I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Am lingering in the last woody-rosy remnants of last night's Soir de Lune.

Oh, what a night
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Taking advantage of the cool south Florida weather with Tea for Two as SotD.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

Good luck with the broken heating, R... I've been there once and kept warm with Chergui

Delicious Lutens power: CHERGUI and GRIS CLAIR..
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

^ Jelis for I have run out of these!

Today, I have been attempting Bakir again. I do like it, but it gives me a headache when I first put it on and I smell like I've come through the portal that leads to the 60s.

While opening my sample of Eau de Soir I spilled it all over myself. So, I'll go with that. Clearly it's fate.
    Last edited by debbborra; 13th December 2008 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrange View Post
    I do like it, but it gives me a headache when I first put it on and I smell like I've come through the portal that leads to the 60s.
    LOL!

Well, it appears I'm scent twins with Chaya today in L'Instance. It seems particularly honeyed on me today, hope it calms down a bit actually I do love it and I've got a back-up bottle ready to go when this one runs out. Heh.

From the wonderful Wordie ...a box of smellies to play with and a challenge....compare FdeB (cedarwood, orange blossom, rose, violet, honey, plum, beeswax, clove, cardamom, cinnamon) with Dolce Vita (magnolia, rose, cinnamon, peach, apricot, and bottom notes of vanilla and sandalwood) because rumours abound that these Bourdon creations are kissin' cousins.

On first spritz: NO WAY!! FdeB is cedary and crisp and spicy - DV is flowery and fruity and creamy. Whaaaaa'??? Somewhere in the middle they both begin to simmer down and by hour three smell almost exactly the same. Warm flowery vanilla.

Go figure.

Also from Wordie...today's companion Slava Zaitsev's Maroussia.

Well, I knew nothing about the house and went researching and found whole bunches of things all y'all're prolly well up on. This Russian fragrance is apparently quite popular on the Continent and that's interesting becuz at first whiff it smells very "European" to me - i.e. complex, a little mysterious and slightly unsettling.

Top Notes: Ylang-ylang, narcissus, black currant bud. Heart Notes: Rose, jasmine, orange blossom, lily of the valley. Base Notes: Amber, musk, vanilla, sandalwood. At the end, the ylang ylang prevails!! Trailing only hints of musk and sandalwood.

Go figure.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

heart of ice

I'm wearing JPG Classique EDP, an early Christmas present from a very dear friend. I couldn't wait til Christmas to wear it, as it has been on my wish list forever!

My Grandmother's 100th birthday celebration is today. All of my cousins will be here to help celebrate with cake and punch. After that, my brother and sister and their families will do our Christmas gift exchange. It's early this year, but my brother lives in another state and probably won't come back for the holidays.

Happy St Lucia's Day everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Smile Re: SotD Saturday 13 December

Taolady, I love your perfume....i am in

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Black Vetyver Cafe and spots of samples.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    While opening my sample of Eau de Soir I spilled it all over myself. So, I'll go with that. Clearly it's fate.
    Mm. I know that feeling. My desk has smelled of Etro Heliotrope for months now.

I'm probably going to sample Serge Lutens Chergui today. (Many thanks to Andrew B.!)

SotD was Chergui.

SotE:Coco edp.
    Currently wearing: Bois des Îles by Chanel