Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best Cologne to make a woman melt?

Ok so im new to it all. I usually wear swiss, but everyone around ehre wears that now so I want something new. What do you think is the best cologne for a 21 year old male when it comes to making girls melt? I basically want it just for nights out partying and things. Anything under $100.

Iv heard of code, coolwater and gio, but I also ehar they are way too common aswell.

I just found a try-out bottle of escada magnetism for men and it smells decent. Is that a good choice or should I try something else?
    Last edited by MrMiyagi; 13th December 2008 at 12:19 PM.

Default Re: Best Cologne to make a woman melt?

The general consensus reached by the males of Baesnotes after considerable thought and deliberation is 7 (lucky) sprays of Yatagan by Caron:

1 to the front of the neck
    1 to the back of the neck
    2 - 1 to each forearm
    3 to the chest, optionally moving one spray to the groin region instead
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Miyagi, welcome to Basenotes. Make yourself a pot of strong coffee and then sit down and click on over to the Female Fragrance Discussion board, and read through the thread stickied to the top, entitled, "Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah". You will laugh and cry, you will feel affirmed and assailed, you will raise your hands heavenward and ask the skies, "why, skies? why didn't you skies tell me this before, skies?" You'll literally do that, so sit near a window or door. In short you will emerge wiser about perfume and about women. We must all make this journey alone. But you may then return to this, your thread, and we will discuss.
    Serious, though, it's an interesting read. All sorts of views and practical advice.
    Last edited by Strollyourlobster; 13th December 2008 at 12:27 PM.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    The general consensus reached by the males of Baesnotes after considerable thought and deliberation is 7 (lucky) sprays of Yatagan by Caron:

1 to the front of the neck
    1 to the back of the neck
    2 - 1 to each forearm
    3 to the chest, optionally moving one spray to the groin region instead
    Hmm, I dunno if Yatagan is under $100.

One of my best friends loves Halston Unbound on her men. She says it makes her uncontrollably lustful.

(I think the women's version is a really plain aquatic. I have never smelled the guys' version.)

Her other favorite is Aqua di Gio.

I myself think Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee would be really yummy on a guy. The smaller bottle goes for $80 brand new.

Edit: But yes, check the women's forum. Remember it's personality and charm, not the way you smell. Yeah.
    Last edited by Aiona; 13th December 2008 at 12:31 PM.

You can get 125ml of Yatagan for about $30! That's so affordable that you can - if feeling particularly risque - up it to 10 sprays on those special nights out.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Fahrenheit 320.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can get 125ml of Yatagan for about $30!
    Where? PM me!
    Last edited by Aiona; 13th December 2008 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    Mr. Miyagi, welcome to Basenotes. Make yourself a pot of strong coffee and then sit down and click on over to the Female Fragrance Discussion board, and read through the thread stickied to the top, entitled, "Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah". You will laugh and cry, you will feel affirmed and assailed, you will raise your hands heavenward and ask the skies, "why, skies? why didn't you skies tell me this before, skies?" You'll literally do that, so sit near a window or door. In short you will emerge wiser about perfume and about women. We must all make this journey alone. But you may then return to this, your thread, and we will discuss.
    Serious, though, it's an interesting read. All sorts of views and practical advice.

Interesting. I do not know if I am ready for such an adventure, but it seems the time has come. I shall wield the cup of coffee as you suggested, for it seems this quest is not one to be taken lightly. I will see you on the other side my brother. Lol, thanks though I will check it out.

Aiona: Thanks for the suggestions, and dont worry I know smelling nice wont form a crowed of ladies around me It doesnt hurt though!

SculptureOfSoul: Seriously??? 10 sprays? Isnt that abit much? lol

Post Thanks / Like

You can get 125ml of Yatagan for about $30! That's so affordable that you can - if feeling particularly risque - up it to 10 sprays on those special nights out.
    To be clear, SofS is joking about this. I think.....
    Ten sprays of Yatagan and your only romantic prospects will be certain micro-climate-adapted species of tundra-dwelling wood nymphs and the Janissaries camped on either side of you. And them only in the last hours before dawn and the battle, when things get all bleary and sweaty and uncertain and you're all thinking that this has never seemed like a good idea before but no one's going to get any sleep anyway.
    No no no. MAYbe three sprays of Yatagan, and I love the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yatagan is SUPER cheap....pretty much anywhere online......$20, $25.....not even close to $100!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think he's joking with you, Mr. Miyagi. Yatagan is a really strong musky aromatic scent. Some people really hate it. I myself really like it, but I think I might be in the minority.

Definitely try before you buy.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    Yatagan is SUPER cheap....pretty much anywhere online......$20, $25.....not even close to $100!
    Holey moleys! You're right.

Why did I never even look before! I kind of assumed since it was by Caron, it was going to be expensive, or something. Thanks, everyone!

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maybe the trick is putting it on her! I remember seeing an old film where a woman literally melts away when splashed (but to be accurate it took a bucket of it). She might have already been sick though from some kind of monkey virus, as she kept a lot of them as pets. Thinking back she did seem rather green looking for most of the film. At first I though it was a bucket of water that was splashed on her but after two+ years of Basenotes I am now almost totally convinced it was a bucket of something like Yatagan, or maybe it was Kouros.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    At first I though it was a bucket of water that was splashed on her but after two+ years of Basenotes I am now almost totally convinced it was a bucket of something like Yatagan, or maybe it was Kouros.
    No, no. The Kouros was from Toto.

Just kidding. I actually sniffed Kouros the other day, and I like it too. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, about the price of Caron stuff, and with apologies to Mr. M for hijacking his thread for jes' a moment: why are Pour un Homme, Yatagan, Third Man and a few others available in vats for roughly the price of Gatorade while Tabac Blonde and many of their coveted feminines can barely be gotten for love or money? I suppose their are solid marketing reasons, but sheesh.
    But so MrMiyagi, any thoughts about what you'll explore next?

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, about the price of Caron stuff, and with apologies to Mr. M for hijacking his thread for jes' a moment: why are Pour un Homme, Yatagan, Third Man and a few others available in vats for roughly the price of Gatorade
    Wow! You're right! Third Man is another I've tried and liked, and again, kind of glossed over thinking it'd be something expensive, I guess because I never heard of it before I started reading here on the forums. Apparently I'm not reading enough. Thanks for starting this thread, Mr.Miyagi, and yes, sorry for derailing it.

Third Man is very different from Yatagan, and being as cheap as it is, it is something you might want to try.

Yeah, about the price of Caron stuff, and with apologies to Mr. M for hijacking his thread for jes' a moment: why are Pour un Homme, Yatagan, Third Man and a few others available in vats for roughly the price of Gatorade while Tabac Blonde and many of their coveted feminines can barely be gotten for love or money? I suppose their are solid marketing reasons, but sheesh.
    But so MrMiyagi, any thoughts about what you'll explore next?

I dont know man, its all very Overwhelming. Im looking at reviews of M7 Fresh, But its a little bit difficult for me to imagine the descriptions since im new to fragrances. I want something fresh, but warm. Since im more of a humble young guy with a funny and inviting personality I think a warmer smell will suit me better, but I also want that fresh new smell to it because I dont want to smell like an old man. I think I might hit the store up today or tomorrow and try out some smells. What do you think of "M7 Fresh" personally? Im kindof ballparking different names atm so when I go to the store I know what too look for.

All in all im sure what I find will be better than my generic Swiss Army.

On a more serious note (Yatagan, while a masterpiece of a frag, does *not* make most women melt ), I'd recommend you check out Santana for Men and Viktor and Rolf's Antidote.

Santana is sweet, tonka bean (sort of like vanilla, but not as warm, a bit more caramel'ish) with apples, cinnamon, and lavender. It's inexpensive and the ladies just LOVE it. It's fairly versatile too, as it's not too heavy.

Antidote starts out quite fresh and citrusy - mint, grapefruit and lavender, then goes into a fairly sweet middle with a prominent jasmine note backed by cinnamon and nutmeg, the jasmine fades and the spices remain and meld with the woods and amber in the base to leave a wonderful snuggly base note.

Oh, another one that I've heard gets TONS of compliments from women is Diesel's Fuel for Life. At 26 I feel too old for it, but it's a very sweet and playful raspberry based scent. For what it is, it's good, I just don't like what it is, personally.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I must second Antidote. Really nice.
    Also I love Terre d'Hermes on a man (smells great on women, too!)
    And Acqua de Gio if it's not over-applied.

And do check the women's sticky thread. It's a fun read.

Oh...I almost forgot...there's a man I work with, about 15 years younger than me, who wears Kiehl's Original Musk. It's only noticeable when you get close to him, and now, every time he is around, I go up and sniff him (he laughs) because he smells so damn great! It's not a heavy, cloying musk, and it's just MARVELOUS on him. And the price is right!

Generally women tend to like the sweeter and more feminine scents that aren't particularly thick or stuffy. Notes of vanilla, benzoin, chocolate, sweet fruits, etc. are usually winners. Gourmand scents tend to be big hits too: A*Men, Pi, Body Kouros, Rochas Man, Very Irresistable, etc.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Generally women tend to like the sweeter and more feminine scents that aren't particularly thick or stuffy. Notes of vanilla, benzoin, chocolate, sweet fruits, etc. are usually winners. Gourmand scents tend to be big hits too: A*Men, Pi, Body Kouros, Rochas Man, Very Irresistable, etc.

What about JPG Le Mâle? It seems to have that sweet scent to it judging by the reviews? It seems even some of the negative reviewers received compliments on it.. After smelling some of the tester bottles around my house I noticed I like the sweeter smelling ones the most aswell. But I dont want to get too feminine. The Escada Magnetism kindof stood out for me. Whats your Opinion on the JPG Le Mâle? i hear its too common in some places, but I havent heard of anyone wearing it around here. Its all swiss or adidas here.
    Last edited by MrMiyagi; 13th December 2008 at 03:54 PM.

Le Male is generally a winner with women. I wear scent first and foremost for myself and I can't stand the sort of plasticky vanilla note in there, but if you like it, it should definitely fulfill your criteria! Nuclear sillage and longevity on that one, too.

It *is* quite popular though - at least around here. You won't smell it during the day, but at a bar or club it's quite common to catch whiffs of it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Le Male is generally a winner with women. I wear scent first and foremost for myself and I can't stand the sort of plasticky vanilla note in there, but if you like it, it should definitely fulfill your criteria! Nuclear sillage and longevity on that one, too.

It *is* quite popular though - at least around here. You won't smell it during the day, but at a bar or club it's quite common to catch whiffs of it.

I love how you guys can distinguish notes so easily. Yeah I will go check it out first, as well as some of the suggestions. Thanks alot everyone.

My ability to distinguish notes was practically zero before I acquainted myself with about 200 essential oils/absolutes, etc. Even having all of these raw materials at my disposal, it can still be very very difficult to dissect a well blended fragrance, especially because perfumers working with synthetics most often selectively recreate only the portions of the actual note that they want.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

ok, so I went to my nearest mall (I live in a small town) and they didnt have much. So im ordering some mini bottles and samples online. Right now im ordering JPG le male, Versace Black jeans, Dior Homme, Gucci Pour Homme II, and a larger bottle of Armani Code (they didnt have smaller ones and I want to try it out). They dont have any antidote samples though, so thats a bummer.

Hopefully they are ok, we will see. I will probably stick with a slightly sweeter one when im out partying, and a more standard one during the day while im at work and whatnot.

Haha, im really not good at making up my mind, I cant wait till I receive them and start walking around annoying family asking what they think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think the Armani Code gets a bad rap sometimes but the women like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrMiyagi View Post
    Versace Black jeans, Dior Homme, Gucci Pour Homme II

thats already a pretty good list to start with!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Best Cologne to make a woman melt?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMiyagi View Post
    I dont know man, its all very Overwhelming. Im looking at reviews of M7 Fresh, But its a little bit difficult for me to imagine the descriptions since im new to fragrances. I want something fresh, but warm. Since im more of a humble young guy with a funny and inviting personality I think a warmer smell will suit me better, but I also want that fresh new smell to it because I dont want to smell like an old man. I think I might hit the store up today or tomorrow and try out some smells. What do you think of "M7 Fresh" personally? Im kindof ballparking different names atm so when I go to the store I know what too look for.

All in all im sure what I find will be better than my generic Swiss Army.
    Fresh but warm = CerrutiSi. It's watery and sweet. You could probably mistake it for an aquatic if it weren't for the warmth it exudes. It's nice and ladies would definitely dig it. It has been discontinued so it's going for cheap at the moment. Grab a bottle!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know about melt...but here are a list i have gotten compliments on:

John Varvatos
    Michael by kors
    Sandalwood by Trumper
    Musk by Lorenzo Villoressi
    Allure Homme edition blanche

i have many frags and these are the only ones that has ever been comented on....as to the gourmand comment...i tend to agree...i owned jpg gaultier2 for a bit...i wore it to the gym one day and a girl randomly stopped and asked what i was wearing because it smelled so damn good...never happened before that or ever again...the ones liswted were female co -workers or friends.

My advice is be yourself and be different than the rest...try some thing a girl you are interested in might not have thought she would smell on you, but let your personality do all the talking and the cologne act as nothing more than icing on the cake....go get em tiger.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

I couldn't let a thread like slip by without mentioning Issey Miyake- L'eau D'Issey pour Homme.

For me, it is totally unparalleled in its amazing ability to have women swooning! Hands down the best thing I've found for your stated purpose!

Post Thanks / Like

After a year of combing the archives for scents I need, has anyone found a scent that makes women melt any pounds off? Hardy-har-har. Yatagan was one I bought based on a small decant I bought. WOW! Do I hate it now! Really the only buy I've made from getting small decants first that I totally blew! L'anarchiste is nice and cheap. My wardrobe as we are supposed to call it now includes the Kiehl's musk which is a winner. SL MKK blows my mind every time I put it on. I wish it lasted longer and projected more but damn I smell good to myself! Other loves include Czech and Speake No, 88, Oud Wood from Tom Ford, Bois Dargent from Dior and Bois du Portugal by Creed. These are all good winter scents in my opinion and women like them though none have actually melted while I was looking at them.

Have fun!
    Brian

I'm a woman. I like many masculines. The ones that make me literally weak in the knees are easy to find and mainstream.

For men 30+
    Armani Attitude
    D & G The One
    Burberry London
    Dior Homme / Homme Intense

For men 20+
    Mugler Cologne

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cumarin View Post
    I'm a woman. I like many masculines. The ones that make me literally weak in the knees are easy to find and mainstream.

For men 30+
    Armani Attitude
    D & G The One
    Burberry London
    Dior Homme / Homme Intense

For men 20+
    Mugler Cologne
    What about a man 50+

Post Thanks / Like

I received a lot of compliments while wearing Boss Bottled, Gucci Envy and Dior Homme.

Anything containing oakmoss ...
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Post Thanks / Like

I think the best thing to do is go sniff around until you find something YOU really love and not worry about what anyone else is or isn't wearing.

Post Thanks / Like

Cologne can smell different on certain people because of their skins chemistry, so it's best to try them out on yourself and see what works best with your skin. I am a woman and some scents that smell really good to me on a man are:

Hugo Boss, Ferrari Red, Eternity, Cool Water, Polo Blue, Nautica (the blue one, not teal), Givenchy Pour Homme, Kouros, and Burberry London.

Also remember that different scents appeal to different women (in other words, what smells good to one woman might not smell as good to the other woman). I hope this helps. Good luck
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

yay! agree! lol
    Last edited by djobeat; 1st January 2009 at 01:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Best Cologne to make a woman melt?

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Maybe the trick is putting it on her! I remember seeing an old film where a woman literally melts away when splashed (but to be accurate it took a bucket of it). She might have already been sick though from some kind of monkey virus, as she kept a lot of them as pets. Thinking back she did seem rather green looking for most of the film. At first I though it was a bucket of water that was splashed on her but after two+ years of Basenotes I am now almost totally convinced it was a bucket of something like Yatagan, or maybe it was Kouros.
    Damn! You stole my line, kbe
    Listen son, just get M7. Look up the reviews. I understand it cures warts, too.

As to the Female Frag forum's thread " What Scents do chicks dig, etc. " You should either give it the respect and credence it deserves and understand that women vary wildly in what scents they love on us--Or plunge into a bit of brilliant deductive paranoia by asking yourself " Ok, what are these babes hiding from me? "

Let us know how it works out.
    And beware of Le " Alone tonight, sailor? " Male.

Perhaps Penhaligon's Wild Fern?

In any case, welcome to the madness

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci Envy for Men
    Last edited by MFJ; 24th July 2009 at 11:01 AM.

Making girls melt? Easy !!!! First, take a shower (don't forget to shampoo your hair, too.), then exercise yourself to a good sweat and just put on new clothes with the sweat and all and go out on a date. The only thing you should use is deorant for underarms. Only lazy people who are afraid of water use fragrances. If you are indeed afraid of water, you can use the sauna to work up the sweat instead. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

John Varvatos made my ex melt when she first met me.

Rive Gauche PH made my other one melt too =)
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a scent out there that is the epitome of dick wettage now? Think about it. Als try Body kouros. Excellent longevity, uncommon. (at least in my area)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've seen Chanel Allure Homme Sport described on here as a fresh summer scent. I tried it today for the first time, and while I did get the fresh, I also got a very warm scent. May fit what you are looking for.

Well, the best that worked for me was Boucheron, but the
    best with women seems to be ...great sense of humor , well
    read and good listener! The cologne can only help you a little ! lol
    Good luck!

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pug911 View Post
    Only lazy people who are afraid of water use fragrances.
    Similar truths:

"Your check is in the mail"

"Trust me"

"This won't hurt"

"I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but_____ ____ (etc)
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

There are whole threads here on "how to make a woman swoon" with scent. Although some might argue aromatherapy on this, nothing is a scent aphrodisiac.

Then what is an aphrodisiac?

The honest truth is nothing is more attractive than a man who is confident in himself. It does not matter what he wears as clothing or perfume. No artifice, no posturing, no posing. If he wears Coco Mademoiselle or Infusion d'Iris because he likes it and it suits him, then it's masculine on him. Try not to get too wrapped up in "being part of the crowd. Slavish conformity is never attractive in a man...or a woman.

My favourite "safe scents" for men are Chanel Allure Homme, Truefitt and Hill 1805 and YSl L'Homme, but I'd turn my head to smell a man in jasmine! That would take sheer, masculine guts! The courage to be yourself is very sexy!
    Last edited by Primrose; 29th August 2009 at 08:24 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

le male, givenchy pi, 1 million you get the drift

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, every girl I know LOVES YSL La Nuit de L'Homme EDT the best on me. By a long shot. It's not even close. It may be different with you though.

After that, they like the following, in the order listed:

1. Tie -- Armani Acqua di Gio (I have Essenza) and JPG Le Male, apart from one who doesn't like vanilla (my favorite, despite the haters).

2. Paco Rabanne 1 Million.

3. Davidoff Cool Water.

Most are indifferent towards Chanel Platinun Egoiste and L'Occitane Eau des Baux, and apart from one, none really like, let alone melt over, Dior Fahrenheit (if they can even smell the pathetically neutered reformulation of its once mighty, God-like self).

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Hydrochloric Acid

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Hydrochloric Acid
    assuming she was made of metal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    assuming she was made of metal

Uh...what?

Any fragrance used by a man who has a good personality is all that's necessary IMO. Of course, luck will help too.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Acides Sulfuriques EdP by Parchem.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Platium egoiste by chanel

Post Thanks / Like

Creed aventus 50ml split from split forum. Exactly what u need.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Women are fickle.

Expect the scent that melts her today, will change tomorrow.

Funny creatures, they are.

Good choice. Aventus would be another good one...Trust me!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hydrochloric acid eau de toilete. That'll really make her melt. Tee-hee!