Code of Conduct

Default Capable of answering this question?

everyone name their single favorite scent...that is, the scent you would run back into your burning house to save....only one...

I am really interested to see what some of yours are...

respond solely with the name of the scent...NO rationalizations, NO claiming that its too hard because different scents are better suited for different occasions....

Again, refrain from typing anything but the name.

Begin..

Armani Mania.

Default Re: Capable of answering this question?

Dude, no offense, but the ? of naming your "favorite frag" has been played out many, many times here.

While some will undoubtedlt name their "fav," most fragrance connesuirs will decline, because, in its very nature, the question is impossible to answer.

Formal? Weather? Casual? Longetivity? Price? Compliments? Availability? Notes? Memories? Masculine/feminine? It goes on and on. I reallize you asked not to mention these considerations, but it's impossible.

With that being said, OK, here it is...MPG'd Santal Noble.

Of course, that choice instantly changed within 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Butthead53; 14th December 2008 at 05:24 AM.

and the answer to my ultimate question: No, you're incapable.

Lol, a scent is not a child, its...a scent...

JUST PICK ONE

House is burning down, you can only grab one.... you CANNOT tell me there isn't a particular scent you'd be partial to; it's just not possible.

in such a situation, your brain would inevitably draw you to a specific frag which you maybe subconsciously prefer over all else--you simply wouldn't consider things such as availability and notes lol.

Sorry if it's blasphemous, I am just interested.

I'm not trying to troll this thread, but...

I wouldn't grab my favorite fragrance - I'd grab the one that was hardest to replace; something discontinued. Currently that would be Dyptique's L'Eau Trois, but I can't see that being my favorite fragrance ever. It's brilliant, but even among the bottles I own, I prefer Bois Blond.

Escada Collection. The best and most expensive for me to replace, so it's an easy call.

When I was a kid, there was an electrical problem which started a fire in on of the rooms of my grandparents house. There was no one there when the fire started, but I was the first one to arrive. I ain't no coward so I tried to stop the fire by myself. Now, a 12 year old kid does not understnad in the middle of such crisis that when he opens the door, all the oxigen will flow inside and that will aid the combustion of everything. All of a sudden all the aerosol cans and perfumes started to explode. Holly fragrant smokes batman! that was scary.

Personally, I'd save many more things before taking an EDT.
    Last edited by irish; 14th December 2008 at 06:39 AM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I can approach this problem 3 ways.

1) Save the most expensive/rare bottle. That would be my bottle of Amouage Homage.

2) Save the bottle most appropriate to wear as I glare as my house burns and sip some expensive wine to salve my miserable sorrows away (a nice bottle of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti 1976 would fit nicely for this situation. And if I owned a bottle of that, I'd save that before any of my fragrances...). This would be my Habit Rouge EDT, a sparkling and cheerful scent to counter my misery.

3) Assuming I cannot EVER replace the rest of my collection and must wear the scent for the rest of my life... I'd save my Kenzo Power. It's a pleasant fragrance that stands up to daily wear well.

No fragrance bottle is worth possible third-degree burns or death. The fragrance collection is probably to be blamed for the inferno anyway .

Favorite fragrance? I'm literally tired of typing it's name.

That being said,
    I have an agreement with my friends who live downstairs in my apartment building. The deal is as follows:

In the case of a building fire where one of us is not home,
    I am to kick down their door and save their dog. (no problem. This would be fun and heroic)
    They, on the other hand -
    Are to kick down my door and save my fragrance collection. (and computer if time permits) They have specific instructions; to empty out my hamper and fill it with the bottles. They know the exact closet as well as the location of the backup bottles. I have more faith in the guy's ability and willingness to kick down my door than I do for the girl. I guess I should go over the plans with them again. I'm not messing around here.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Welcome Jklax221!

Seems like Basenoters don't like to be told what or what not to do.

Accept it and join in, it's a fragrance thing!
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 14th December 2008 at 01:57 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

hahahaha I have noticed...I like it though...the responses have been as impressive as they are hilarious!

upon creating this thread, I envisioned a lengthy thread comprised of 1-3 word responses (or how many ever words it takes to name a particular scent)....suffice it to say, this did not occur...haha.

I appreciate the willingness of you to entertain my hypothetical scenario: If any scents occur more than others, I will undoubtedly drive over to my perfume retailer, and check them out! (considering my current fragrant knowledge is limited to the strict, strict, confines of designer scents).

however, I changed my mind: if my condo was burning down, I'd save my burberry brit--not the Armani mania; and of course, id shove my creed samples in my pocket.
    Last edited by Jklax221; 14th December 2008 at 05:45 PM.

chanel allure homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I wouldn't grab my favorite fragrance - I'd grab the one that was hardest to replace; something discontinued.
    Me too!

I'd grab Kolnisch Juchten by Farina Gegenüber.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Well then, in that case, it would be my beloved Jean Patou Pour Homme Priv'e
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Since I (yet!) dont own any niche frag that is discontinued or hard to get I would probably pass on the perfume and grab the stuff I seriously cant replace.Ever.

The most expensive/hardest to replace - Derby/Spirituese Double Vanille (tie)

Favorite/most worn - Guerlain Vetiver/Tiffany for Men (tie)

Blog Entries

I would first save my dogs, then my stash of Mitsouko and Jicky. In the case of the dogs and fragrance, man's best friends.

I would probably save my box of samples. It is a vault of knowledge and a gallery of perfume creation.
    If I only had one Domenico Caraceni I'd save a bottle of it, but that is not the case. There is a bottle in Mexico, in Dallas and Michigan.

BTW I like the way you took all these responses. Maybe it is the economical crisis, but good humor has been scarce too.
    Last edited by irish; 14th December 2008 at 08:13 PM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I keep my frags outside in a fire proof safe. I wouldn't have to run in and save them.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Talking Re: Capable of answering this question?

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    I would first save my dogs, then my stash of Mitsouko and Jicky. In the case of the dogs and fragrance, man's best friends.
    I realize you didn't do this but...Mitsouko and Jicky...those would be great dog names!
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Some EdT or EdC or EdP I could drink: they idea would be getting drunk in order to temporarily forget the tragedy

Seriously... something imposible to replace: Macassar by Rochas.

If I had to answer with overall "happiness" it would be Himalaya
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

If it's an electrical fire, probably New York. If it started in the kitchen, something by Lorenzo Villoresi, probably Vetiver. If it's arson, I'd go for L'Homme de Coeur. If it's some sort of metaphorical fire, referring to a really excellent party or something like that, then Guerlain Vetiver. If it's an act of God, Antaeus. Spontaneous combustion, something aquatic, probably Calypso Marine.

"If it's some sort of metaphorical fire, referring to a really excellent party or something like that, then Guerlain Vetiver"

LOL!

Until 3 days ago I would have said Ghost Man, but now I have to say Loewe Pour Homme, having just received it. Absolutely stunning!. But then again, what do I know?
    It is impossible for something to be almost unique

Basenotes Plus

Aramis Havana

Post Re: Capable of answering this question?

JHL is my favorite fragrance, but easier to replace than Tabac Blond, Parfum Extrait....Caron. So thats my answer, and I'm sticking to it!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Havana Reserva

There is no fragrance that I would run into a burning house for.....I don't care if I had the last bottle on earth.....as for my favorite scent......impossible to name one.....sorry.
    Gary