Code of Conduct

Exclamation Nautica Oceans – Eco-friendly Scent Made with Water-based New Tech

Nautica in cooperation with Coty Beauty introduces their new fragrance Oceans, which is due to appear on the market in March 2009. Oceans represents a fragrant journey created by a special technology, based on water and rounded with fresh, green ingredients.

It is interesting that ingredients and packaging are biodegradable, which suggests that creators paid attention on preserving the environment. Perfumer of the house of Coty, Michel Mane was in charge of composition of perfume Oceans, which is water-based and allows for a concentrated oil load of up to 20 percent to be built into it, thanks to a new technology.

Such concentrations contained two to three per cent of oil so far, but Oceans contains 10%. This technology decreases skin drying and irritation to a great measure, when talking about alcohol-free fragrances like Oceans.

Oceans has top notes of ocean air and lemon tonic; a heart of sea salt rose, lavender reef and geranium, and a drydown of amber crystals, sun-drenched teak and regatta accord. The fragrance is constructed as an aquatic fougere.

The flacon is created as a signal flag, crowned with a silver stopper which has logo of the brand engraved in the top, designed as cleat on a sailboat. Theme of ecology which follows this edition, includes outer packaging being made of 30% recycled materials and can be recycled further (100%).

Oceans is available as 50 and 100ml edt, with 100 ml after shave balsam and 75 ml deodorant stick.

Source: WWD

Default Re: Nautica Oceans – Eco-friendly Scent Made with Water-based New Tech

This one sounds like it might not be half bad. But, i am not gonna hold my breath.

Blog Entries

sounds like a BIG gimmick to cover up a RUBBISH fragrance....LOL.

Sounds interesting Scentimus. Thanks for posting.

Nautica Voyage (2006) is an excellent fragrance. Here's hoping this one is too.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 15th December 2008 at 05:08 AM.

Sounds worth checking out for sure. I like the aspect of them trying to innovate in a positive way.

Thanks Scentimus.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    sounds like a BIG gimmick to cover up a RUBBISH fragrance....LOL.
    Immediately came to my mind as well
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Sounds interesting. Havent tried a water-based fragrance yet & the alcohol in perfumes does tend to dry my skin.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Hmm...
    I'm interested.
    But expecting a L'Eau Par Kenzo Pour homme with Synthetic geranium.
    Who knows, it could become the new Chrome...

UPon closer look, even more interested.
    I assumed "water-based", meant more water than Alcohol.
    There is no alcohol !!!!
    hmm....

My interest is piqued...
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Sounds very similar to "Ocean" by Calvin Klein (as we all know from Seinfeld as Kramer's "coming back from the beach" scent.)

At first I thought Coty was selling bottled water now with no more fragrance at all. Slogan: Dream your own fragrance.
    Aquatic Fougθre is certainly not my bag, but this technology should be highly relevant for Islamic perfume markets.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matiθre/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pιnθtrent le verre.

Blog Entries

CB I Hate Perfumes has been making water-based perfumes for a while now............this is hardly an original idea.

Good to see a company that appears to care about the environment and is at least doing more than their competitors in this area.

I've got a sample of Nautica Voyage of which I've only worn a small dab once but even that dab was enough to show that it was a quality aquatic frag. I'm looking forward to this.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 15th December 2008 at 08:56 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    CB I Hate Perfumes has been making water-based perfumes for a while now............this is hardly an original idea.

First of all, Brosius doesn't just use water for his "water-based perfumes." He uses other solvents apart from alcohol.

From the FAQ section of Brosius' own website:

What are the ingredients in CB Perfume?
    A: The ingredients in all CB Absolutes are: Diisoproply Adipate (extracted from Beet Juice) and Fragrance. The Ingredients in all CB Water Perfumes & CB HOME Sprays are: Distilled Water, Fragrance, PPG-26 Buteth-26, PEG-40 and Hydrogenated Castor Oil. No specially denatured alcohol is used in ANY CB Perfume.

The whole point about the new technology is that it enables perfume oils to be more miscible in water than previously was the case.

If you weren't so quick to criticize, you might have picked up on what looks like a very important technical break through.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 15th December 2008 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    but this technology should be highly relevant for Islamic perfume markets.
    Well, I guess so. I think it is more relevant to being eco-friendly. I may sound ignorant here, but I do not think the alcohol in perfume is the same as the "drinking" booze, is it ?? I am a practising Moslem and wear fragrances with alcohol in them all the time. Also, fragrances tend to do pretty good sales in the Middle East/Islamic perfume markets. I noticed Burberry writes the Arabic language on their boxes.

But just to add, an alcohol-free fragrance would still likely ( as you suggested) do pretty well in the Islamic perfume markets.
    Last edited by Surfacing; 15th December 2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling

I also like how the cap and top resemble a boat cleat.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more