Code of Conduct

Question Wearing perfume in a tropical climate - advice please?

I am traveling to Southeast Asia for vacation next month. Which fragrance in my wardrobe should I bring with me? I have never tried my perfumes in a warm and humid climate. I probably will bring only 2 or 3 for my trip. I will need something for a relaxing day in the sun, and something for formal dinners. Which fragrances that are not in my wardrobe work great in a tropical climate?

My wardrobe (Thanks to TwoRoads for pointing this out):
    Habit Rouge
    A*Men
    M7
    Acqua di Gio
    Terre d'Hermes
    Cool Water
    Concentre d'Orange Verte
    Shalimar
    Mitsouko
    Timbuktu
    L'Air du Desert Marocain

Thank you for your advice.
    Last edited by drleekyong; 15th December 2008 at 02:58 AM. Reason: changing to a more appropriate title, and listing my wardrobe

Default Re: Perfume question for those who live in (or has traveled to) tropical climate

Quote Originally Posted by drleekyong View Post
    I am traveling to Southeast Asia for vacation next month. Which fragrance in my wardrobe should I bring with me? I have never tried my perfumes in a warm and humid climate. I probably will bring only 2 or 3 for my trip. I will need something for a relaxing day in the sun, and something for formal dinners. Which fragrances that are not in my wardrobe work great in a tropical climate?

Thank you for your advice.
    We cannot see your wardrobe.

If you have hidden your wardrobe, please go to the 'settings' feature in My Wardrobe, uncheck the Hide Wardrobe box and save the new setting.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Wearing perfume in a tropical climate - advice please?

I would pick...

Terre d'Hermes
    Concentre d'Orange Verte
    L'Air du Desert Marocain

I second KMF's suggestions. plus I'll add Cool Water.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I live in Nigeria where its hot (29-36 Centigrade) and humid almost all year round (a bit like SE Asia). You can take along whatever you like, but perhaps spritz on less than you usually would in your home climate. Whilst your scents may yield parts of their character previously hidden or unnoticed by you, due to the tropical temperature, they will not necessarily become overpowering. Furthermore, we in the tropics like our (and others') sillage bombs, as long as they smell nice, and since you have a great wardrobe you won't have any negative feedback at all. Have a great trip.
    Last edited by perfaddict; 15th December 2008 at 08:34 AM.

Habit Rouge
    Acqua di Gio
    Cool Water
    Concentre d'Orange Verte
    L'Air du Desert Marocain

In hot humid weather, Terre d'Hermes turns on me and becomes very cloying.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost