Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Questions about Cedre Blanc Vs. Royal Oud, Spice & Wood, and Pure White Cologne

So, I absolutely love Royal Oud, Spice & Wood, and Pure White Cologne. I was about to purchase Royal Oud, as I'm not going to shell out the kind of money that Spice & Wood and Pure White Cologne demands. Then I read some reviews about Cedre Blanc being reminiscent of Royal Oud, Spice & Wood, and Pure White Cologne. That sounds just about too good to be true, but multiple people have said this. I have spoke with 2 different Neiman Marcus stores, and 2 reps both also said this, with one saying it is a lighter smell(which is not a good thing, IMO)

I want to hear more feedback, as I've yet to get a chance to sample it, although I have smelled Asian Green Tea and Geranium Vetiver, which are both good. What is your opinions on Cedre Blanc vs Royal Oud, Spice & Wood, and Pure White cologne? Is it similar to these other 3? And how is the longevity in comparison?
    -I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

-I am not Neo, But I am still the One.

http://i44.tinypic.com/v6roqw.gif

Default Re: Questions about Cedre Blanc Vs. Royal Oud, Spice & Wood, and Pure White Cologne

Own Cedre Blanc and the three others, and the CB is definitely lighter than the others to my nose. I detect some similarities with the rest but different enough IMO to own all if your budget allows. Longevity on my skin is good but not as good as the others.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Questions about Cedre Blanc Vs. Royal Oud, Spice & Wood, and Pure White Cologne

I think there are similarities between Cedre Blanc and the other mentioned fragrances; however, I would recommend you go with one of the others instead of Cedre Blanc. You can get a decant of Spice and Wood in the same quantity and for the same price as Cedre Blanc. The critical problem that I see with Cedre Blanc is that it literally only lasts for 90 minutes. It makes Spice and Wood seem like a powerhouse. In truth, that particular scent - Cedre Blanc - performs like an EDC. I have stronger aftershaves, and Spice and Wood is to me, just a better scent, although scent wise Cedre Blanc is very well done as well. I may have to do some more testing of Cedre Blanc. Does anyone that has tried this think the longevity is good??

Cedre Blanc is great, but not as good as the others you mentioned.

Basenotes Member

That is disappointing. Smells great, but lighter scent and not as much longevity as the other 3? Honestly, I don't see the point in Cedre Blanc then. What do you all think of Royal Oud specifically vs Cedar Blanc? Royal Oud smells almost as good if not as good as Spice and Wood to me. I'm just not currently willing to spend the money on the Spice and Wood and Pure White Cologne. It sounds like Royal Oud may give me my best bang for the buck, and keep me with the type of scent that I like.
    -I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

It sounds like Royal Oud may give me my best bang for the buck, and keep me with the type of scent that I like.
    Royal Oud is a fantastic scent, and probably your best bet given the alternatives. I too am apprehensive about spending the money on the Royal Exclusives, mainly because they don't come in 75 or 120 ml flasks. The crystal flacons are far too large.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Royal Oud is a fantastic scent, and probably your best bet given the alternatives. I too am apprehensive about spending the money on the Royal Exclusives, mainly because they don't come in 75 or 120 ml flasks. The crystal flacons are far too large.
    I concur. The problem with Creed, is that there are just way too many excellent scents; Aventus, Millesimal 1849, Royal Oud, GIT, Millesime Imperial, EROLFA(or however its spelled), Virgin Island, Original Vetiver, the whole Royal Exclusives...just to name a few

To me, there is nothing similar between Cedre Blanc and the other 3 you mentioned. The best way to buy the Royal Oud is through one of the online discounters. The best way to buy the exclusive Creed fragrances is to buy into one of the splits of them here on Basenotes. You can get 50 ml of fragrance for a fraction of the price Creed charges for only 30 ml.

If you really like RO, PWC and S&W, get them. Don't "settle for" Cedre Blanc. There is absolutely no realistic comparison and I think you would regret your decision. Cedre Blanc has horrible longevity, while the exclusive fragrances and Royal Oud are all fine. I particularly get great longevity out of PWC, which is quite unusual for citrus fragrance.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 29th July 2014 at 07:45 PM.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    To me, there is nothing similar between Cedre Blanc and the other 3 you mentioned. The best way to buy the Royal Oud is through one of the online discounters. The best way to buy the exclusive Creed fragrances is to buy into one of the splits of them here on Basenotes. You can get 50 ml of fragrance for a fraction of the price Creed charges for only 30 ml.

If you really like RO, PWC and S&W, get them. Don't "settle for" Cedre Blanc. There is absolutely no realistic comparison and I think you would regret your decision. Cedre Blanc has horrible longevity, while the exclusive fragrances and Royal Oud are all fine. I particularly get great longevity out of PWC, which is quite unusual for citrus fragrance.
    Wow, it sounds like you are not a fan of Cedre Blanc at all haha. I hope to try Cedre Blanc out myself sometime soon,but yeah the word, "weaker" and longevity issues is very disappointing. I'll probably take your suggestions, thanks.

Cedre Blanc is one of my favorites from the new Acqua line, but yes, it is a noticeably weaker fragrance from their "real" colognes. There's nothing wrong with the smell, it's just a bit boring (especially for the price of $300.00). For that price, I wouldn't expect the fragrance to seem watered down, but that's exactly what it's like.....at least to me. You have to remember, they aren't calling it their "Acqua-line" for nothing. They literally seem to be like weak after-shaves.

My other favorite from the Acqua line is the Vetiver Geranium, but it's weak as well. Both of these are just "okay" smelling to me.....and would be suitable for wearing as an office scent so as not to offend anyone. They are just very light and rather generic smelling, IMO. I might buy them at a discount if they ever come to the online fragrance sites. Otherwise, I have way too many other "real" colognes to bother with "water fragrances".
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Plus

Cedre Blanc isn't at all like the others. I also find it very weak. I'd definitely go with Royal Oud.

Basenotes Member

Ok, so I just got back from Neiman Marcus, and tried out all of the fragrances that I mentioned in this thread, along with a few others, that I've previously smelled before, and these are my observations:

When I first smelled Cedre Blanc, I thought, this is a friggin' joke/waste of time. However, several minutes later, it dried down and smelled very good. However, like it has been said, it is weaker than some of my favorites.

The Vetiver Geranium smells very good from the beginning, but is also a little weak. Those 2 are my favorites from the Aqua line, with the Asian Green Tea being my 3rd favorite. Overall, I like these 3, but I can't justify making a purchase of these 3, as they are too weak, and there are about at least 10 other Creeds that are better.

Both the Spice and Wood and Pure White Cologne, don't smell all that great...at first....then they smell absolutely wonderful, with Pure White Cologne being my favorite.

Then I tried Royal Oud again. Royal Oud smells absolutely amazing from the beginning to the end.

I last, tried Royal Water for the first time, and it was very good from the beginning for me.

My overall thoughts are to make sure I give the fragrance plenty of time before I judge it, and that the Aqua line, to me, should never have been created at that price. It's really just too weak, and the smells, while some are very good, and still better than many other fragrances from other Houses, still can't really compete with the best of the Creed line. Of these, I think Pure White Cologne is my favorite, followed closely by Royal Oud, and closely by Spice and Wood. I will probably purchase a Royal Oud bottle, and hopefully get a decant of Pure White Cologne and Spice and Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by briankeith513 View Post
    Of these, I think Pure White Cologne is my favorite, followed closely by Royal Oud, and closely by Spice and Wood. I will probably purchase a Royal Oud bottle, and hopefully get a decant of Pure White Cologne and Spice and Wood.
    That's exactly how I feel about them. I ended up purchasing the bottle of Royal Oud first, but I will eventually get around to the bottle of Pure White Cologne that is calling to me.

Nothing like PWC. It has become my favorite, too.

Looks like this is exactly what you guys are looking for....

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...-Creed-Frederi