Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Creed - Millesime Imperial

Hehh, yes, I confess, I do want something from you! ...

So, you see, a small problem of mine is that after many recommendations I tries Creed - Millesime Imperial on paper and on skin this summer in Vienna. I was enthralled instantly, the scent was premium quality, natural. And I could smell the traces of it on my skin after 2 and a half days, after 4 showers! Big salute!

So, about 3 weeks ago I purchased one bottle at NK Kosmetik in Stockholm. For 1,495 SKr. Then I tried it, used it and the smell touched my heart, again. Then I noticed that after 3-4 hours, the smell was totally gone. ???

Soooo, I wonder whether there is any logical explanation to this? I tried to get an answer from Creed, but none came so far. Not even a confirmation of my letter. I am not that happy. :-)
    Last edited by Diadal; 15th December 2008 at 10:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed - Millesime Imperial

Uh-oh..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Uh-oh..
    Double uh-oh...

Post Thanks / Like

Uh-oh. Uh-oh. Uh-oh.

Post Thanks / Like

what is this creed you speak of?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Uh-oh. Uh-oh. Uh-oh.
    Uh-oh what?? :-D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    what is this creed you speak of?
    What do you mean by that? :-)
    It is this fragrance, Millesime Imperial: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121101.html
    In a glass bottle packed in a white-golden exquisite paper box.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Basenotes buddy!

I strongly recommend you search the boards for your answer, i'm sure you won't be disappointed

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a clear glass bottle with a small gold label?
    Or is the entire bottle gold ?

Post Thanks / Like

I find MI has a very poor longevity and a very poor sillage as well. It is very good while its last, makes my mouth watery. A happy fragrance, a feel good spring/summer juice.
    I cant believe that the first time you tried you still can smell (some ) after a couple of days, are you sure it was MI ?

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming he didn't get an all gold bootleg (the clear glass hasn't been bootlegged yet)...

...MI will last a long time on textured cardboard, and on fabrics.
    But on skin it is nearly always eaten up.
    I am surprised the scent lasted on the OP's skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diadal View Post
    Uh-oh what?? :-D
    Diadal, your problem with the longevity of Creeds seems to be an age-old problem, CONSTANTLY discussed on BN, thus the teasing!

If you do a search on Creeds, you'll learn that many people have this problem. There also seems to be inconsistencies between batches of Creed fragrances, due to the available supply/batch of natural ingredients each year of production.

BUT, in the end, it could also just be skin chemistry. I find Creeds to last forever on myself while others don't.

SO:

First, make sure you're bottle of Creed is authentic. http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214586
    Then, if it's still not lasting, try spraying it on your clothes, and using moisturizer or oil on your skin before applying to make it last longer.

While the controversy is huge, I personally believe the "short" longevity of some Creeds is worth the quality and composition of their fragrances.

Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    There also seems to be inconsistencies between batches of Creed fragrances, due to the available supply/batch of natural ingredients each year of production.
    You gave good info there, but this particular problem should'nt really apply to a highly synthetic fragrance such as MI, which has no unusual or problematic natural ingredients. I've experienced the same with different MIs though, which makes me think that on some occasions Creed has a real quality control problem (either that or their distributors have storage issues).
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

this thread brings back memories to when i purchased Himalaya at Saks

Am I the only one who has second thoughts every time I wear MI because the smell of it is so overpowering, several hours after applying? I literally can't get a small enough application out of the spraying mechanism. If I apply it at, say, 8am I usually end up scrubbing it off by 7pm!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Am I the only one who has second thoughts every time I wear MI because the smell of it is so overpowering, several hours after applying? I literally can't get a small enough application out of the spraying mechanism. If I apply it at, say, 8am I usually end up scrubbing it off by 7pm!
    Lucky Freaking Bastard! You must have super skin, because it doesn't do that for me.

It's a curse as well as a blessing - like I say, the smell of this stuff after a full day's intensity is sickening.

Post Thanks / Like

Dante, the first bottle of Creed I got was like as you describe, and the same with GIT. Yet each of three bottles of each scent afterwards has varying intensity of scent and longevity. Thus, I have sworn off Creed unless I can smell and test before I buy. Too much of a crapshoot, even with a lower than $100 price for a 2.5 or 4.0 ounce bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    You gave good info there, but this particular problem should'nt really apply to a highly synthetic fragrance such as MI, which has no unusual or problematic natural ingredients. I've experienced the same with different MIs though, which makes me think that on some occasions Creed has a real quality control problem (either that or their distributors have storage issues).
    Either could be the case. It took me some time buying/returning/selling on eBay and elsewhere, until I found a bottle I liked. Never got burned with a bootleg, as I was always thorough. But some bottles of MI smell almost exclusively of Bergamot and Iris, other, much older bottles, smell almost entirely of iris/geranium/ambergris (smells rusty), while some of the newer clear glass bottles smelled far too fruity of melon, without the strong base and lacking lots of salt/geranium. I finally settled for an '06 bottle, which seemed 'just right'.

@ Diadal, what is the lot number?
    And is it i clear+gold or all-gold bottle ?
    Last edited by DULLAH; 16th December 2008 at 06:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the FUNNIEST thread I have ever read,,you guys are hilarious,,,I ma still laughing,
    UUUUUHHHHH-OOOHHH

Better than a Carlin joke. Jen, its all your fault, you started it.
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not gonna lie after the first two uh-ohs I was about to write triple uh-oh, but figured it would be overkill. But neal and bfree continued and lo and behold it was still funny!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Is it a clear glass bottle with a small gold label?
    Or is the entire bottle gold ?
    It is a clear bottle with a golden label and golden cap. Hmmm... and maybe... that bottle I tested in Vienna was full gold??? Hmmm....? I cannot remember clearly. Could this be the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    I find MI has a very poor longevity and a very poor sillage as well. It is very good while its last, makes my mouth watery. A happy fragrance, a feel good spring/summer juice.
    I cant believe that the first time you tried you still can smell (some ) after a couple of days, are you sure it was MI ?
    Yes, Absolutely, ultra-massively sure it was MI. I travelled to Vienna only to taste this single fragrance. Well, for other out-of-scent reasons as well. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    Diadal, your problem with the longevity of Creeds seems to be an age-old problem, CONSTANTLY discussed on BN, thus the teasing!

If you do a search on Creeds, you'll learn that many people have this problem. There also seems to be inconsistencies between batches of Creed fragrances, due to the available supply/batch of natural ingredients each year of production.

BUT, in the end, it could also just be skin chemistry. I find Creeds to last forever on myself while others don't.

SO:

First, make sure you're bottle of Creed is authentic. http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214586
    Then, if it's still not lasting, try spraying it on your clothes, and using moisturizer or oil on your skin before applying to make it last longer.

While the controversy is huge, I personally believe the "short" longevity of some Creeds is worth the quality and composition of their fragrances.

Best of luck!
    Thanks, I will invest some time into this research!

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Is it synthetic, really? I thought it was the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    I was told that synthetic scents last longer on "greasier" skins while natural fragrances like dry skins. My problem is that at both times when I applied it, i used MI on my own skin. Maybe a bit drier it is in the winter... still...

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Either could be the case. It took me some time buying/returning/selling on eBay and elsewhere, until I found a bottle I liked. Never got burned with a bootleg, as I was always thorough. But some bottles of MI smell almost exclusively of Bergamot and Iris, other, much older bottles, smell almost entirely of iris/geranium/ambergris (smells rusty), while some of the newer clear glass bottles smelled far too fruity of melon, without the strong base and lacking lots of salt/geranium. I finally settled for an '06 bottle, which seemed 'just right'.

@ Diadal, what is the lot number?
    And is it i clear+gold or all-gold bottle ?
    The lot Nr. of my clear glass bottle is LOT CD2(or Z)V07.
    Does this mean it was produced in 2007?
    Last edited by Diadal; 16th December 2008 at 08:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

after 2 and a half days, after 4 showers
    I often read that stuff lasts " a few showers and a few days"
    I'm not buying this, I don't think it's possible or you all don't use soap / showergel, and shower with 5 drips of cold water. And even then NOTHING lasts that long on skin. On clothes or hair maybe. Or on very hairy skin perhaps
    Last edited by brianroy; 16th December 2008 at 09:06 PM.
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brianroy View Post
    I often read that stuff lasts " a few showers and a few days"
    I'm not buying this, I don't think it's possible or you all don't use soap / showergel, and shower with 5 drips of cold water. And even then NOTHING lasts that long on skin. On clothes or hair maybe. Or on very hairy skin perhaps
    :-)

Well, I am not telling you that I smelt the head notes after 2 days. They were the tough base notes, in a softer version, I could smell MI up from very close. It felt as if my very skin smelled of the fragrance, not the perfume on my skin.
    I sprinkled MI on the inner part of my right elbow, where the veins are near the surface - after the book.
    For showers, I used/am using this Axe Skin-contact aloe vera showergel. It is not that heavy-industry I think.

So you think that I was just lucky that summer day and MI is a quick snack only?
    valuable every moment is - enjoy while they last

Post Thanks / Like

Just do what I do. I take two samples of MI and put one in each nostril(with cap off). Longevity is great. Sillage too. I will warn you though. It takes some getting used to. Oh yeah, I also use a non alergical nut butter for bodywash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diadal View Post

Well, I am not telling you that I smelt the head notes after 2 days. They were the tough base notes, in a softer version, I could smell MI up from very close. It felt as if my very skin smelled of the fragrance, not the perfume on my skin.
    I sprinkled MI on the inner part of my right elbow, where the veins are near the surface - after the book.
    For showers, I used/am using this Axe Skin-contact aloe vera showergel. It is not that heavy-industry I think.

So you think that I was just lucky that summer day and MI is a quick snack only?

I find the base of those Millesimes lasts through showers and into the next day too. Especially Original Vetiver, but also M.I. and others.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh ok..

I never tried Millesime Imperial so I really don't know
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full