DG Light Blue
I just purchased my first cologne Versace Dreamer and I like it a lot. I am looking to get another cologne to mix it up. I want to smell good for the ladies . Thanks.
DG Light Blue
This is a very difficult question. I think, if you provided more information, we would be able to provide more informed advice. For example:
1) Do you have a price range?
2) What general styles do you like? The traditional herbacious-citrus "true" colognes? Citrus-Woodys like YSL's L'Homme? Something more gourmand? You don't have to give us a long list, but just some key pointers can guide us to help you.
3) What is available and close to you?
I could go on, but a little more information about you would be helpful =)
1. My price range I would say is about 0 - $45 for a 3.4 oz , I would pay more if there was a good reason to.
2. I'm not really sure what my style is, I just want something that smells good and that the lady's love, I don't want anything to intense but I'd like people to be able to notice it at parties.
4. I do most of my shopping online.
Hrmm, this is problematic. Women tend to have rather varied tastes (just as we, as men, have varied tastes) it's difficult, if not impossible, to find some scent that women universally like, or indeed, like as a whole.
That said, I'd conjecture that something easily accessible (no Kouros) is key here.
My personal suggestions would be YSL's L'Homme (a pleasant citrus-woody) or (the dreaded here on BNs, for it's popularity) Acqua Di Gio. If you want to wield the power of brand imprinting, A&F's Fierce is a rather strong, and immediately recognizable scent as well (since all their stores smell of that).
Thanks for the suggestions . I guess to narrow what I'm looking for , I definitely want something that not a lot of people use, and something that fits my age, I'm 19. Would you guys consider Versace Dreamer a day time scent or something to wear out at night? Because I'm looking to have something for both. Thanks!
Last edited by tww47; 16th December 2008 at 02:19 AM.
Go for Prada amber pour homme. Smells great but not too exotic where young women won't appreciate the scent. John Varvatos (classic) is another one.
mmm, I'll check them out, thanks. What do you think of Sean John's Unforgivable, or Gucci's Envy? Reviews say both are quite nice.
In spite of your bold phrase, Unforgivable is really nice. I'm like you, I don't like to smell "common" at all, but I absolutely love Unforgivable. A lot of people on here who can spend a whole lot more than you and I can on fragrance will tell you it's a cheap rip-off of something called Creed Milliseme Imperial. But for those of us who can't spend $100 per ounce on cologne, Unforgivable smells incredibly nice, and most people who smell Creed will think you're wearing Unforgivable anyway.
Personally, I think Unforgivable is like Acqua di Gio from Armani, which is the absolute best seller in men's fragrance for the past ten years. A lot of people wear it, but that's because it smells incredible. I make an exception to my uniqueness rule for it.
Also, Unforgivable might be a bit out of your price range. You'll pay around or a little more than your max for 2.5 ounces.