Code of Conduct

Question Anyone tried JUVENTUS Man?

Hi everybody,
    My favorite neighborhood Italian deli stocks nice scent products like Pino Silvester and Malizia. Recently they brought in Juventus Eau de Toilette, in both a man's and woman's version. It is part of the Juventus football (soccer) team merchandise line.
    Has anyone tried this? (a) what is it like, and (b) is it any good?
    It's not expensive.
    Thanks!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: Anyone tried JUVENTUS Man?

I heard that it was discontinued last year but is back in stock this year.
    -

Well, I couldn't resist the mystery. It wasn't expensive ($40). Here's my review.
    Juventus Man
    ...It is exactly what I expected it to be, namely a fresh citrus-sporty type of scent, with bits of mint and some green herbal notes. There is some good grassy vetiver in the dry-down. Not sweet or heavy at all, and it wears very well for a budget frag.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Does it resemble other mainstream frags? What specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by cescpistol View Post
    Does it resemble other mainstream frags? What specifically?
    I am wearing it today, and I like it.
    Fragrance notes allegedly are:
    Top: Bergamot, tarragon, "sea water"
    Mid: Sage, artemesia, spices
    Base: Patchouli, French Labdanum, cedar

The most obvious point of reference is Aqua di Gio. Essenzia di Zegna is another one. Aromatic aquatics, with a citrus and herbal edge to take them out of the fresh/blue/ozonic zone of many other aquatics.
    Polo Black for the artemesia note. Juventus and PB share a silvery-cool vibe, but Juventus is much better, wears better throughout the day.
    Mediterranean citrus-herbal frags like Eau de Rochas pour Homme or Borsari Aqua Classico have bigger herbal notes but they are a bit similar. I can certainly detect the herbal notes of tarragon and sage in Juventus, and some light spices.
    Juventus is a nice frag, not earth-shaking but pleasant to wear.
    Hope these comments steer you in the right direction.
    Cheers,
    Last edited by odysseusm; 16th March 2010 at 12:23 PM.
    odysseusm

I was curious if this fragrance was in fact related to the soccer team, and it is! I can definitely see my younger brother buying a fragrance such as this. I'd still be interested in trying it to see what type of scent they came up with.

I wonder if they used the "S" note in this fragrance... the sweat of Del Piero lol.

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    I was curious if this fragrance was in fact related to the soccer team, and it is! I can definitely see my younger brother buying a fragrance such as this. I'd still be interested in trying it to see what type of scent they came up with.
    Yes, this is part of the many products merchandised by the team. My bottle box has an "official sticker" (a hologram) with the insignia on it, as a guarantee of authenticity. For this type of product, it is pretty good.
    odysseusm

Finally got it! Good everyday fresh scent. Nothing ground-breaking but pretty nice. I like it.