Code of Conduct

Default Library question...

What qualifies as owning a scent? A full bottle? Sample of 5ml? Any sample size?

Just curious!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Library question...

Whatever you choose! It's really a matter of personal perspective. Whether bottle, partial bottle, decant or mini, if it feels like it's really a part of your wardrobe, then put it there. I tend not to think of samples as being part of my wardrobe, but maybe you will.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I used to feel that I "owned" it if I had anything bigger than a 1ml sample vial - anything big enough to spray. Now I feel that I own it if I have anything from a 15ml mini/decant on up. (Well, except for pure perfume - 1/8 ounce of pure perfume counts as owning it in my book.)

However, as my "own" definition goes up, my bottle purchasing goes up, so I think I should redefine back down. Unless and until I start heavily swapping, I think that 5ml is my boundary, and 2ml for pure perfume. That's enough to wear several times.

Crayfish

I've put full bottles only in my wardrobe - only because there's plenty to share if anybody has a request. Not that I get any, lol! My full bottle wardrobe isn't very interesting yet. It's a work in progress. There don't seem to be any hard and fast rules. Whatever works for you is probably fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I've put full bottles only in my wardrobe - only because there's plenty to share if anybody has a request.
    I do the same - but I've seen any amount of systems, usually with a small explanation in the "introduction" section of the wardrobe. Whatever works for you, and if you want to be entirely unequivocal about it: describe what your system is. (Under Wardrobe Settings)
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Thanks to all!

Thumbs up Re: Library question...

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I've put full bottles only in my wardrobe - only because there's plenty to share if anybody has a request.

I highly recommend you add some more masculines to your 'drobe ...not that I would ever request any :wave:

On the topic, I would think at least a 10 ml bottle for myself. But as stated earlier, anyone can go by their own "rules".

I count bottles and mini-bottles, but not decants or samples.

Prompted by this thread yesterday, I have put a note on my wardrobe that the bottles listed are the ones that originally were 15ml or above. Decants, samples, and miniatures are not listed even though mentally I think of them as my wardrobe. If anyone wishes to choose scents for decanting, it saves reeling off a list of exceptions .

It also saves having to count at home and then list the many sample vials and store samples that I have that would be very time consuming to input online.

Blog Entries

Count me among those who include only full bottles. If I had 15 ml or larger decants, I might include those as well. Basically, my wardrobe represents that which I'm happy to share. Samples end up on my tried list, but I sometimes forward these along. I just noticed I have only 77 fragrances on my tried list, but my Excel sheet has about 140 reviews. I have work to do. Sigh.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

happy is the bleu heart<3

My wardrobe is so hopelessly out of date. I do have some of my larger decants (10ml and up) and mini's listed, but not samples.

And while we are talking about it, I consider decants to be app. 5ml and up, while samples are smaller, even if they are hand decanted. I know some have different definitions.
    I've trademarked the color bleu