Code of Conduct

Default please help me pick some EdC's to try

hey all, as i continue sampling numerous frags i would like to test out the classic riff on the eau de cologne,

names that come to mind with my limited knowledge are a few from the aqua di parma line, and the cologne series from CdG are what I'm most interrested in trying.

what can you tell me about these offerings such as vettiveru, anbar, adp colonia , colonia assoluta , intensa etc.

Im not even sure i have any fragrances in my collection that really qualify as an eau de cologne , i havent updated my list so dont really look there to try and help.

Correct me if I'm wrong but purple water is the closest thing to an eau de cologne that i have , is it even close????

let me know what i should pick up and try.
    thanks

Default Re: please help me pick some EdC's to try

Last edited by TwoRoads; 17th December 2008 at 01:38 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Blog Entries

y'know who makes some amaaaaaaazing EDCs?

Santa Maria Novella.

from what i've tried, they are VERY challenging, very well made, not terribly expensive----but VERY VERY unique. Definitely go check some out.

Acqua di Parma is out of this world it's so good. So are the Guerlain Eaux scents: Imperiale, Eau de Guerlain, Eau du Coq, Eau du Fleurs de Cedrat. Fantastic representatives of the edc genre and tradition. EXPENSIVE, however. Smell 'em if you get a chance so that you know what they're like.

BUT the one to buy to know what the whole edc thing is all about is Roger & Gallet's Extra Vieille, also known as Jean Marie Farina. It's CHEAP and might be available at fancy pharmacies (I know the non-chain pharmacies in my city carry it--the ones that have been on city corners for 80 years). It's also available online.

It's cheap and great and tells you about the whole genre. Never a mistake to buy or wear. Other Roger & Gallets are good too. Extra Vieille has a bar soap, a body shampoo, and a body lotion to go with it too. Great stuff. Cheap like I said.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but on similar lines, would Castile be considered a classic EDC. If it is you should defintely try it, I LOVE IT. DustB, I've heard AdP compared to Castile, would you agree?

Yes, I sure would agree Mtg. It's another good one, and certainly in class and price range with AdP and the Guerlains.

I could also add that Molinard makes some great edcs, one of Vetyver and one of Eau France, and they're very cheap but they're harder to find. One would probably have to go online to pick them up, but they come in 250ml splash bottles for, I think, around US$30. Really fun. The Eau France one is the closest to the edc recipe, but isn't as citrusy as AdP and Castile are. The Vetyver edc is another vetiver concoction in edc strength, NOT really an edc tradition style scent though.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

The guys from Spain could tell you more about these than I but I've been bowled over by a bottle of Puig's Brummel and a spray decant of Otelo. Both EDCs, cheap as dirt and apparently if you live in Spain just about as common. Talk about down to earth, no frills barbershop goodness...