Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Question for the guys -- do you like/dislike white flower perfumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    While discussing gardenia scents please try Neil Morris Flowers for Men: Gardenia. He takes the headiness out of the gardenia scent by using a strong tart lime note for openers. The gardenia is definitely present but it is also blended with a grass and hay note in the middle followed by patchouli, musk and oud of all things. The oud gives dries the fragrance up a bit. This scent is gardenia all the way but the lime, grass, hay and oud really do make it an unusual men's fragrance. The musk also plays up the indoles from the gardenia. I like it but can not talk myself into buying a bottle.
    I tried this and I didn't think it was all that "for men". Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia on the other hand has that aetherial quality that makes white flowers accessible to men.
    Last edited by cpk; 31st January 2010 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    Then you haven't tried Sarassins. This is the smell of jasmins in the night air, not the smell of the flower. Get a decant ASAP!
    You have my curiosity piqued. I would certainly hunt for a decant.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Very common scent in LA. You can smell it everywhere in the springtime.
    I have tried growing it indoors but it just won't bloom here in the East Coast. Lucky Angelenos.

Tuberose is *the* white floral note that I go crazy for. I hate sharp clean modernized white florals, although.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    There was a time here when Carnal Flower was the very it scent for men to wear. Everyone here was wearing and praising it. Maybe some of those members will speak up. Doesn't sound to me like your husband's reaction should be necessarily typical.
    I LOVE Carnal Flower, but not all white flowers are necessarily equal or alike!
    I hate to generalise... some of them run super sweet, some breathtakingly alive, some cloying...
    Perhaps the one thread in them is that they do sound out some sort of clarion call, a challenge to boundaries and demand some attention.
    So guys that are open-minded, creative, and naturally passionate will probably say bring on the white flowers...
    But also someone who wants a change may just be in the frame of mind for it...
    Carnal Flower is quite different from Fracas and Tuberose Criminelle (and all 3 are tuberose fragrances) and that's not even going to the other white flowers.
    I'm very manly and wear Carnal Flower often but mostly when I'm going to a big party or to a place where there's either alot of open space or I want to be noticed or JUST TO LIFT MY MOOD.
    I wouldn't be so free with Lutens' Tubereuse Criminelle... it's quirkiness demands a group of artists or atypical sorts.
    So, the answer is there's enough range out there for you find just the right pitch of "WHITE FLOWER" for you.
    Also...explore the jasmines... they are white flowers too.. often less brash and with a bit more music and less overt seduction... again there's a range.
    If you're hesitating, there is one Lutens that passes a mild muster: Fleurs de Citronnier..... lemon flower, orange, jasmine spun together in a graceful veil....
    Last edited by zenman7; 1st February 2010 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Do I like big loud aldehydic synthetic white flowerbombs ?
    Hi Dulla,

Could You please suggest some of those awful bombs as a comparison to my newly beloved Floramye, first aldehyde synthetic know to the whole mankind on earth ever. I would really like to find out to where the concept has been driven. In Floramye the MNA acts a bit like a canvas for (guess what) natural floridness. Alas, Iris is - multicolored, not white, so a bit Off Topic.

Thank You

I love white flowers. I even drink jasmine tea all the time, because of its fragrance.

I like white flowers scents on women, but not on men.

Jasmine rules. Sarrasins, A la Nuit, Alien...Sexy on men and women!

I have nothing against them, nearly any type of floral fragrance if done well smells good to me.

Just adding that my passion for white florals continues unabated. Just since the New Year, I've discovered new loves such as Neil Morris' Gandhara ( super-dark, animalic jasmine ), Comme des Garcons Champaca ( limpid, spring-like narcissus ), Sonoma Scent Studio's Jour Ensoleille ( bright, buttery orange-flower ), and Parfum DelRae's Amoureuse ( fresh, green chypre tuberose ). Though I certainly don't like all of them, I find an endless variety and joy in exploring all the variations of these scents out there.

I wore the white-flower wonderful Olene by Diptyque on Saturday, and it's sure one that makes me say I like the white flowers.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

is it me or nobody is considering Guerlain JARDINS DE BAGATELLE?