Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Default Re: I went and bought that "Vulva" perfume

Get ready Australia. I understand that an intense advertising campaign for Vulva is about to begin Down Under
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by beltz View Post
    Don't worry though, it does not smell dirty or disgusting.
    Well, of course not! Vaginas aren't dirty in the first place. Now, I don't have vast experience in this area, and here at BN, I'm amongst friends so...I smell wonderful. With me as the reference vulva, I'll suggest women are salt-water marine with a soupçon of beeswax, coriander, and on some days a bit of the civet, but just a bit. Vaginas ought to smell like what they are: warm, cozy, and inviting. Of course in the right intimate situation, one could simply layer a bit of one's own "original" with a fragrance, "lama lo?" ("why not?")
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Odalisque by Nicolaï

The cost of this stuff is nearly double that of a Clive Christianson fragrance. When looking at the cost per ML, Vulva is nearly $12-13 per ML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Insanity.

I suppose that makes the real thing cheaper, at least in some areas.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I was smelling of vulva on a tube train once, nobody said anything but it felt a bit awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Fairly recently I accidentally ended up in bed with a woman I know (yes it's possible). We didn't have sex but I did go down on her, several times actually (I do rather enjoy visits to that area). For the rest of the day up until me showering I kept getting this wonderful smell from time to time. It was from the moustache part of my goatee ensemble. It was a delicious and sexy smell.

If Vulva smells anything like vulva, then yummy frankly. Kiehls Musk or MKK are a poor second IMO.
    ... paying for benefits you never collect?

CologneFan85

My bud just showed me a commercial of this. Had some chick sniffing her own pa.ties . Pretty rancid

- - - Updated - - -

My bud just showed me a commercial of this. Had some chick sniffing her own pa.ties . Pretty rancid

Blog Entries

My friends, remember this axiom

If it smell like fish, do what you wish
    If it smells like cologne, leave it alone
    John aka Easykiller
    Currently wearing: Santal Blush by Tom Ford

I'm surprised that no one ever mentions Cartier Pasha in this context.

Basenotes Junkie

I am not surprised that people don't like oud to start with, it smells pungent but once it grows on you, it starts smelling great (at least to you).

Amusing story, glad you are not my friend. I am always intriguing by who comes up with this type of perfume and what is the market they are after.

Hey guys, I actually sent away to Germany and bought a vial of this VULVA scent; I was just too curious. About 30 euros. I am a seasoned perfumista accustomed to smelling many, many perfumes, and essential oils, both real and synthetic. And here is what VULVA is: cumin. That's right: All this VULVA cologne scent is is a tincture of cumin, perhaps laced with a very faint rose smell. That's it! If you're smelling pussy from this thing, it's all in your own scent memory. Not that cumin doesn't smell suspiciously like human sweat and healthy vaginal odor; it does... *somewhat*. I actually think a real, healthy vagina smells a little bit more animalic than this, not quite so botanical... Real pussy has a kind of "tigery" smell to it that VULVA ORIGINAL lacks, and seems a bit muskier. Funny, there are other perfumes on the market which, though not actually attempting to replicate "olor feminis", actually come a little bit closer to the real deal for me: Every now and then YSL OPIUM (femmes) has a tigery, animalic smell to it that actually reminds me more of pussy that VULVA ORIGINAL does. and, hey: have you ever smelled AGENT PROVOCATEUR (the original formula in the pink-enameled "breast-bomb" flacon)? Now that, kiddies, has a top-note of straight-up soiled woman's panties: urine mixed with musky undercarriage. Just sayin'. I'm a gay guy, but I've been with plenty of women in my life (I'm from Texas where every boy has to try it at least once) I've gone south on a couple, so I knows from whence I speaks. So, instead of dropping the 30Euros on VULVA ORIGINAL, go to your spice cabinet and make a thin paste of cumin and water. It's the same identical smell. Interestingly, perfumers have known of cumin's humanoid qualities for a lo-o-ong long time... It's nothing new. Cumin is the note one finds in the head of Alexander McQueen's KINGDOM, which others have likened to the smell of sweaty vagina. I apologize to the prudish and overly-polite members we might have reading this, but aren't you glad I kinda set this whole thing straight finally in plain terms?
    Last edited by rasputin; 21st April 2013 at 01:34 PM.

What a sad statement that we men can be sold a perfume called vulva while you can never sell the opposite to a woman. I'll let you guys think of funny names for a penile perfume for her.

CologneFan85

Doesn't smell like a V to me