Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Blog Entries

Default Re: Davidoff Adventure - tested again. So HOT I burned myself!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I still haven't tried D&G's The One, but now look forward to doing so.

Does anyone else get any similarity at all between Adventure and Timbuktu? I don't mean to imply that Adventure smells like a clone of Timbuktu because it's not that close, but Adventure had a similar dryness, I thought, but was more varied overall (more progression, where Timbuktu stays pretty linear on me until the end where it sweetens up a fair bit.)
    I think I got more complexity out of Adventure just in my skin test than I got in my wear of Timbuktu. Yes - Timbuktu seemed very linear (but still extraordinary - an amazing fragrance). I did get some kind of similarity, but I can't really put my finger on it. And yes - I recall both having somewhat dry characters. It could be that Adventure is using that key ingredient of Timbuktu (cyperol, I think) as one of its components.

Weird. Now that I've got a full bottle, I've been able to better discern the opening (hard to do in the store with everyone spraying this or that around you). There is a fair dose of pepper but it starts out with a rather refreshing and tart citrus, not that dissimilar to Allure Homme Sport or Versace PH's opening. It's not nearly as hot and spicy as I was picking up in the store, as I think I was somehow interpreting the tart citrus and pepper blend as only pepper, perhaps because it was almost nose stinging (in a good way). It's not nearly as hot as I perceived in the opening, which is a shame because I loved that scent/sensation I got in the store, but it's still a nice if formulaic opening.

I still think the heart is reminiscent of LdDM, but lighter, and fresher. A bit more synthetic too, thanks to the lack of an authentic vanilla note (at least it smells like real vanilla in L'Air) and more musks present. Sometimes the allspice (pimento) and sesame and woods combine to create an almost cumin like note. It seems to come and go. The heart is hard to pin down.

I'm almost inclined think of this as "LdDM Fresh." Might be worth checking out for those who feel L'Air is too heavy to wear in the summer.

Unfortunately some of the best notes of Adventure stick close to the skin and aren't nearly as noticeable in the sillage.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 10th January 2009 at 03:21 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Wearing this again for the first time in a long time - and during what looks like the last of the autumnal weather here in Wisconsin - just reminded me how excellent this scent is. Especially in autumn.

This and L'Anarchiste are both excellent fall scents. They share some similarities, too, both have a nice orange note, cinnamon/allspice, and a large dose of cedar, but L'Anarchiste is a bit cooler overall while Adventure is far warmer. One of the warmest scents I've smelled - even moreso than TdH (although not as dry!).

For some reason Adventure is one of those frags that I don't wear often, and tend to forget how enjoyable it really is in the interim between wearings. With that in mind coupled with how enjoyably yesterday's wearing was I thought I'd post this comment. Upon every wearing I am always left thinking, "This frag deserves more love!"

The sesame seed note is still unique and marvel, too!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Fantastic opening notes.. Not so enthusiastic aboute the dry down..

I decided to wear some Davidoff Adventure for the first time today. I recently got a mini in the mail, and the springtime air was actually more chilly than what I was getting used to. I figured something kinda warm would be in order. So I put on a little Davidoff Adventure. I actually had two different coworkers comment on this one, so I guess it must be a keeper. It's different than most of my other frags. I guess the closest thing I own that is similar might be Zirh Corduroy. However, I don't believe anyone ever said anything on the days I wore Corduroy.

Adventure was one I liked, especially for the spicy aspects, and the sesame oil note.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed