Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday 18 December

Good morning and greetings from Tallinn! Spent a couple of days there, wore Dinner by Bobo.

Today it's Vero Profumo Onda one of the best buys I made this year, a gorgeous vetiver scent extraordinaire.

Enjoy your day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 18 December

Guerlain
    Spirituese Double Vanille

Do I smell yummy? Damn straight I do

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Morning Star

Morning: Le Labo Rose 31 (sample from Aiona)
    Afternoon: Annick Goutal Ambre Fétiche
    Evening: L'Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 18 December

EDITIONS DE PARFUMS FREDERIC MALLE

MUSC RAVAGEUR ( Maurice Roucel )

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Ormonde Woman

Maybe looking for fragrances I neglected is part of the melancholy I feel when Christmas is near

Panthère de Cartier extrait
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

SL Borneo 1834, straight out of the box the mail just brought. Hmmmm...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

SOTD is fracas, chosen for me on the Pick my scent of the day topic. I love the topic because normally I can spend up to 10 minutes wondering what to wear and that topci saves me soo much time.
    Last edited by Lian; 18th December 2008 at 09:16 AM.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Giving Incense Rosé a second chance - it failed to impress me before.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Sur la Plage

Caron Yatagan - with a special Thank You to ComDiva for her EXTREMELY generous gift!

Top Notes: Lavender, Wormwood, Petitgrain, Artemisia
    Middle Notes: Geranium, Pine Needles, Vetiver, Patchouli
    Base Notes: Leather, Castoreum, Styrax

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    Good morning and greetings from Tallinn! Spent a couple of days there, wore Dinner by Bobo.

Today it's Vero Profumo Onda one of the best buys I made this year, a gorgeous vetiver scent extraordinaire.

Enjoy your day!
    Hooray Dinner by Bobo another vanished wonder. Since I am stuck at a training session all day, Bobo will have to wait until evening, I will opt to play it safe with just a couple sprays of Nuit de Noel

Feminite du Bois!

Astaroth ~ I adore your 'scent line up' and love to see those artful bottles each day!
    Riannon, your bottles are second to none!
    Thankful for basenotes and basenoters; you are a breath of fresh air in my world!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

SotD is Kiton Black. Mild weather and a short workday.

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Lime, Red Berries, Lemon.

Middle Notes

Cardamom, Violet, Cedar.

Base Notes
    Vetiver, Amber, Tonka Bean, Leather.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

veuve amiot I'll be interested to hear whether you like Incense Rose more on second glance or not.
    We got back the pictures of the wild poodles with Santa yesterday and I thought I'd share.

For those playing along at home that is Rocco on the left or as we like to call him Ruckus and Georges or G-Dog or Georgie, on the right.

Now the penultimate chapter in the Candy Town saga.
    Part 1 was in the Sat. Dec. 6th SotD threads
    Part 2 was in the Mon. Dec. 8th SotD threads
    Part 3 was in the Thurs. Dec. 11th SotD threads
    Part 4 was in the Sat. Dec. 13th Sotd threads
    Part 5 was in the Mon. Dec. 15th SotD threads.

Return to Candy Town Pt. 6 (A Basenotes SotD Tale in 7 Parts)

Up we marched under the red gumdrop lights and through the gold-foiled chocolate door into The Gingerbread Whorehouse. It smelled just like the bottle of Possets The Gingerbread Whorehouse that was back home on my dresser. I could tell this was sakecat22’s first visit as she was looking around like a kid in a candy store. Unfortunately this candy store had lost its innocence on the day it was born. We were greeted with wicked laughter and deep throated “Hello officers, want a taste?”
    The Gumballs led us downstairs past occupied rooms. I kept my eyes forward, I knew what I’d see in there. Sakecat22 made the mistake of looking. I don’t know what she saw but it wasn’t sweet and she immediately retched up the gallon of coffee she drank while in the car.
    The gumballs rolled away in disgust and I yelled, “Run!”
    This was why she was a great partner, she understood. She took off back the way we came. Two of the gumballs started to give chase but the Head Gumball called them off, saying, ”The Boss don’t want her, its Metro Man The Boss wants.”
    I heard screams from upstairs and a slamming door I hoped she got away.
    The Head Gumball looked at me and said, “Do I have to tie you up or are you gonna cooperate?”
    I looked at him and said, “Lead on my candy coated friend.”
    We walked a little further just past the other rooms used for business to a door made of the finest dark chocolate. The gumball knocked and I heard a familiar voice say, “Come in.”
    There sitting in a room made out of chocolate of every shade of brown was GM. I guess I should have been surprised, but I wasn’t.
    Finally a lot of things were becoming clear.
    “So this is how you had the money to pay for my rehab. This is how you had the pull to get me my job back.”
    GM pulled his green lips back into a knowing grin and said, “You never asked how it was all possible. I don’t think you wanted to know.” As his frosting slid into a sneer.
    Resignedly I said, “Let me get this straight. You’re The Boss. The one who took Candy Town from a happy place to a place that causes more than just tooth decay. The one who opened The Gingerbread Whorehouse and The Gingerbread Crackhouse? After all that Gingerbread Crack cost you. You’re The Boss who is selling it to turn them into zombies like Mary Jane and I were!?”
    GM was having a hard time containing himself. His buttons looked like they were going to burst he was so pleased with himself. Finally the storm broke and those green lips laughed and laughed and laughed.
    “Oh Metro Man you are so clueless. But don’t worry school is in session.”
    “The first lesson is, I’m not The Boss”
    And from over my shoulder I heard, “I am.”
    The involuntary shiver that went through my body let me know how wrong I had been about so many things as Mary Jane walked into view.

To Be Continued………

Part 7 will be on Sat. Dec. 20th

Have a Terrific Thursday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Guerlain Spirituese Double Vanille

Do I smell yummy? Damn straight I do
    You sure do! Sharing the house with you,
    Guerlain Bois d'Armenie -- and smelling pretty yummy, myself

Have a great day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sacrebleu
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Ta'if

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post

Enjoy your day!
    Excellent choice, Ms. Tigs! I think Onda is completely gorgeous, and am eagerly awaiting being able to find it here in the US, though something tells me the price will be even more in the stratesphere here than it currently is in the EU. Ah, well. Enjoy all that dark, vetiver/leathery goodness!

Petruccijc, you smell divine, and ho ho ho!

Riannon my dear, big hugs and something involving chocolate (preferably with a shot of schnapps!) for your melancholy. I think such feelings are much more prevalent this time of year than one might expect... Maybe to do with failure to meet expectations -- Aren't we SUPPOSED to feel unbounded joy and continual chipper-ness at this time of year?!?

WILD NORTH POLE POODLES!!!! Gorgeous photo, SMM. And for those of you who haven't yet met the dynamic doggie duo, now that you've seen them it should come as no surprise that Rocco and Georgie provide vacation coverage for Rudolph and Dasher.

SoTD: I am testingKilian Liaison Dangereuses from a sample. I think this is a bit too fruity for me, although I do think it's beautifully blended. I also get the sense that it's pretty linear, and I want more 'development' if I'm dealing with that much fruit...

Liaisons Dangereuses notes: Coconut flesh, prune absolute, plum, blackcurrant buds absolute, crystallized peach, cinnamon bark oil, ambrette seeds absolute, rose Damascus, geranium bourbon, Australian sandalwood oil, oakmoss extract, vetiver java oil, clear woods, vanilla extract, white musks.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Patchouli Patch, a very civilized patchouli

Scent twin with Lian, I am wearing Fracas today.

SMM: Great poodles. Definitely Iditarod calibre, Id say. And I'm still loving the story...it gets more interesting.

I'm wearing Gardenia Musk by Ava Luxe this morning, though I'm not sure what I want fragrance-wise. I may have overstimulated myself lately. Maybe I need a fragrance break (hnh?...nah!). Have a great day everybody.

a double dose of Lavender today.

Wearing Jicky and sipping Mixed Emotions tea (black tea with lavender from OldMoneyBotanicals on etsy)

Sotd is Narciso Rodriguez edt.Have a great day all

Another day trying to unravel the glorious, confounding, disturbing mysteries of....

...????....
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Hey everyone. Hope it's a good day for all of you.
    I'm wearing Black Orchid, and enjoying it.

I started off in Incense Rosé, right? 'Course, then I started packing for my trip to London tomorrow - read: decanting - and now I smell like Incense Rosé, Parfum Sacre, Jour de Fête AND Vamp. It actually makes for a passable combination.
    Have a nice weekend, everyone.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

BBW Pear Blossom - refreshing for a rainy day and getting things done, have a good one!

Top Notes:
    Ripe Bartlett Pear, Fresh Spring Air, Natural Orange, touch of Cassis

Mid Notes:
    Pear Blossom, Magnolia Petals, Osmanthus, Tiger Lily, White Peach

Base Notes:
    Musk, Teakwood, Vanilla

Angel La Rose. Still looking for that Chanel No. 5 that I can't find. In my bag?
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Parfum de Therese.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Love the dogs, SMM. In heaven there must be dogs and perfume or it won't be heaven.

WEARING BOUCHERON EDP AND FEELING THE ORANGENICITY OF IT ALL.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

SMM, seeing your kiddos makes me miss my own wild poodle. And indeed, some poodles DO run the Iditerod:

http://home.gci.net/~poodlesleddog/

SotD: Prada Infusion d'Iris

Another one in Spiritueuse Double Vanille.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Hi folks!

Today I'm wearing the delicate orris found in Parfum d'Empire

Equistrius

and wonder why it isn't talked more about here?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Luxuriating in my 2nd sample of L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007...and fantasizing about buying a full bottle.

Today I am wearing Bond no. 9 Nuits de Noho. I smell soooooo goood!!

L'Artisan Parfumeur • PASSAGE D'ENFER

ScentBro - neat dogs! And they are so well behaved sitting next to Santa.

Started the morning with Ungaro III. Don't know whether my nose is out of whack, my aquatic and soap-magnifying skin got a hold of it or what - but all I got for 30 minutes was astringent, aquatic, soapy horribleness. Had to scrub after 30 minutes (good thing I only put it on my wrists this morning).

Now wearing - Mythos Mixtures, Elixir of Regeneration.

One of the better scents from this line. Decent sillage at the top (a mostly green, slightly fruity floral) - more than would be expected from an oil. The heart has a distinctive dirt note that is quite compelling. The base is a pretty, vaguely musky floral. Interesting evolution. Close-wearing after 2 hours. Lingering after 5 as a skin scent. First one of this line I would consider buying a full bottle of.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Sunny day, but under a winter storm warning for tonight and tomorrow. I chose Vivienne Westwood Boudoir today. This stuff is amazing!

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Astaroth ~ I adore your 'scent line up' and love to see those artful bottles each day!
    The lineup comes from the fact that nothing stays on my dry skin very long (... well, except Kouros), so I can shift my fragrances around like a chameleon during the day.

All those photos are shamelessly stolen off the web, cropped, and sometimes adjusted with Photoshop to clean them up. By the way, I assume most people already know this, but anyone is free to just take these images and upload them to their own photo site. For people running Windows, just right-click on the image and choose the "Save Image As..." option, and then save it to your hard drive. And if you don't want to do that, you can just copy my link location to your Clipboard with the "Copy Image Location" option, and then just paste my link into your own posting. I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Another day trying to unravel the glorious, confounding, disturbing mysteries of....

...????....
    Who makes Breath of God? An Angel? Love the name. I hope it's not blasphemic to suggest it for the men't thread for "tackiest bottle/packaging"?

I'm going for Kenzo Amour Indian Holi today. Love the sweet steamed rice....

Quote Originally Posted by oolala30 View Post
    Today I am wearing Bond no. 9 Nuits de Noho. I smell soooooo goood!!
    Ohhh..yes you do. I think that may have to be my SotE!

For the second day in a row, I'm wearing R de Capucci.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Hm, I should have washed my house .. I'm not finished with presents for christmas .. I have not bought christmas tree yet .. I should have .. I should have ..
    Basenotes is much more fun
    I'm in the beautiful L'Heure Bleue - Have a great day all
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

a tiny bit of Fumerie Turque

I spent the day in Maria Amalia to no great effect. It opened with a lemon sherbert akin to Lux by Mona di Orio, then faded to nothing much. I barely knew I was wearing anything for the rest of the day.

I'm now wearing Ava Luxe's Tunisian Musk. It smells like nice joss sticks, and that's not bad, but I wouldn't want to wear this in public. It's a bit too hippy for me.

I think I've got fragrance fatigue.

SMM, your boys are so handsome! And MJ, eh? I didn't see that coming. I forgot the principle of most good detective noir--"Cherchez la femme." I'm enjoying the reads tremendously.

Well, after being conflicted about the position I was being interviewed for ayesterday nd thinking I might need to turn it down as not a good fit (but being worried about the friend who referred me to the position), I got the call today. They really liked me, but they couldn't accommodate my request for the amount of time off I'd need to make the position work for me. So it worked out perfectly! Sometimes, rejection is a good thing.

SotD: YSL Elle again. This really works well on my skin chemistry, and I adore the cedar note with the dark fruit and florals.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

summer means fireflys

SMM, love the wild poodles on Santa's lap! They have been good boys all year, and I'm sure it took a while to let Santa know what all they wanted. (Cali, the diva dog says "hey!")

It is so rare for me to wear a fragrance twice in one week, but it happened this week! I'm wearing JPG Classique EDP again today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Musc Ravageur.

This is the second day in a row that I am wearing this. That's unusual for me to wear something two days in a row. It just smells soo good.... I think I'll go reapply.

EL ~ Sensuous

Le De Givenchy.

Iris Noir - I really like this one, I wish it had more sillage though.

Y by YSL. So, so crisp and lovely.

Nuit de Noel

Basenotes Institution

Arabian Wood by Tom Ford (Private Blends) - first time from a sample, thanks Futami

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I shall taunt you as second time with Gendarme as SotE.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Heavy rain, demonstrations and bus strike... A wonderful day as you can immagine...
    Then my younger daughter ( who still coughs, but the doctor finds nothing ... ) had some "good" news ! A veeery bad mark in the history test after having studied for four hours...and examined my her father! I can't believe it! Anyway...

Sotd: Brulure de Rose
    Sote: Tam Dao

Wild poodles gonna drag me away
    Wild, wild poodles, pullin' the sleigh...

Sorry, got all overcome there by SMM's lovely lads. I adore the bow ties - a nice nod to the season without getting silly. (Can't find the wry grin smiley - you'll have to imagine it.)
    And of course I"m on tenterhooks now to find out what MJ does to our hero in Candlyland! Loving those tales, SMM. Brilliant & fun.

We've been enjoying yet more snow and the family have all been out gleefully sledging and building snowmen today. It's lovely. Utterly idyllic Swiss stuff. With chocolate on top (though not for me as I'm on a diet).

I hope you are all having a good time in the run-up to Xmas. Chaya gave me good advice when I was stressing last week before my visitors arrived: chill out! Very true.
    Today I have been chilling out in Chanel No 22. Beautiful white flowers and sparkling aldehydes make me feel the same way I feel when I see snow has fallen. It's a really joyful, uplifting, innocent scent.
    Hugs to all of you.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Scent twins with inees in Narciso Rodriguez For Her edt, soooo pretty. Using up the last drops tonight of two samples I thought were already empty - Fleur Oriental and Pink Sugar. I think I might be getting one as a Christmas present if I'm lucky!

It's a Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere day, from a sample. I can finally use my nose again! Sometimes having a cold is just the kind of minor inconvenience that reminds us how lucky we are to be able to do so many things we take for granted: like having the gift of smell. Getting over a cold is very life-affirming, actually.

Wordbird: I love Chanel 22 also. I've worn it recently a couple times and always kick myself for not wearing it more often. It does have a snowy, wintery feel that goes well with scarves. I never seem to pick it up when it's warm out.