Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: SotD Thursday 18 December

SMM, seeing your kiddos makes me miss my own wild poodle. And indeed, some poodles DO run the Iditerod:

http://home.gci.net/~poodlesleddog/

SotD: Prada Infusion d'Iris

Another one in Spiritueuse Double Vanille.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Hi folks!

Today I'm wearing the delicate orris found in Parfum d'Empire

Equistrius

and wonder why it isn't talked more about here?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Luxuriating in my 2nd sample of L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007...and fantasizing about buying a full bottle.

Today I am wearing Bond no. 9 Nuits de Noho. I smell soooooo goood!!

L'Artisan Parfumeur • PASSAGE D'ENFER

ScentBro - neat dogs! And they are so well behaved sitting next to Santa.

Started the morning with Ungaro III. Don't know whether my nose is out of whack, my aquatic and soap-magnifying skin got a hold of it or what - but all I got for 30 minutes was astringent, aquatic, soapy horribleness. Had to scrub after 30 minutes (good thing I only put it on my wrists this morning).

Now wearing - Mythos Mixtures, Elixir of Regeneration.

One of the better scents from this line. Decent sillage at the top (a mostly green, slightly fruity floral) - more than would be expected from an oil. The heart has a distinctive dirt note that is quite compelling. The base is a pretty, vaguely musky floral. Interesting evolution. Close-wearing after 2 hours. Lingering after 5 as a skin scent. First one of this line I would consider buying a full bottle of.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Sunny day, but under a winter storm warning for tonight and tomorrow. I chose Vivienne Westwood Boudoir today. This stuff is amazing!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Astaroth ~ I adore your 'scent line up' and love to see those artful bottles each day!
    The lineup comes from the fact that nothing stays on my dry skin very long (... well, except Kouros), so I can shift my fragrances around like a chameleon during the day.

All those photos are shamelessly stolen off the web, cropped, and sometimes adjusted with Photoshop to clean them up. By the way, I assume most people already know this, but anyone is free to just take these images and upload them to their own photo site. For people running Windows, just right-click on the image and choose the "Save Image As..." option, and then save it to your hard drive. And if you don't want to do that, you can just copy my link location to your Clipboard with the "Copy Image Location" option, and then just paste my link into your own posting. I don't mind.

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 18 December

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Another day trying to unravel the glorious, confounding, disturbing mysteries of....

...????....
    Who makes Breath of God? An Angel? Love the name. I hope it's not blasphemic to suggest it for the men't thread for "tackiest bottle/packaging"?

I'm going for Kenzo Amour Indian Holi today. Love the sweet steamed rice....

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 18 December

Quote Originally Posted by oolala30 View Post
    Today I am wearing Bond no. 9 Nuits de Noho. I smell soooooo goood!!
    Ohhh..yes you do. I think that may have to be my SotE!

For the second day in a row, I'm wearing R de Capucci.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Hm, I should have washed my house .. I'm not finished with presents for christmas .. I have not bought christmas tree yet .. I should have .. I should have ..
    Basenotes is much more fun
    I'm in the beautiful L'Heure Bleue - Have a great day all
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

a tiny bit of Fumerie Turque

I spent the day in Maria Amalia to no great effect. It opened with a lemon sherbert akin to Lux by Mona di Orio, then faded to nothing much. I barely knew I was wearing anything for the rest of the day.

I'm now wearing Ava Luxe's Tunisian Musk. It smells like nice joss sticks, and that's not bad, but I wouldn't want to wear this in public. It's a bit too hippy for me.

I think I've got fragrance fatigue.

SMM, your boys are so handsome! And MJ, eh? I didn't see that coming. I forgot the principle of most good detective noir--"Cherchez la femme." I'm enjoying the reads tremendously.

Well, after being conflicted about the position I was being interviewed for ayesterday nd thinking I might need to turn it down as not a good fit (but being worried about the friend who referred me to the position), I got the call today. They really liked me, but they couldn't accommodate my request for the amount of time off I'd need to make the position work for me. So it worked out perfectly! Sometimes, rejection is a good thing.

SotD: YSL Elle again. This really works well on my skin chemistry, and I adore the cedar note with the dark fruit and florals.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

heart of ice

SMM, love the wild poodles on Santa's lap! They have been good boys all year, and I'm sure it took a while to let Santa know what all they wanted. (Cali, the diva dog says "hey!")

It is so rare for me to wear a fragrance twice in one week, but it happened this week! I'm wearing JPG Classique EDP again today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Musc Ravageur.

This is the second day in a row that I am wearing this. That's unusual for me to wear something two days in a row. It just smells soo good.... I think I'll go reapply.

EL ~ Sensuous

Le De Givenchy.

Iris Noir - I really like this one, I wish it had more sillage though.

Y by YSL. So, so crisp and lovely.

Nuit de Noel

Basenotes Institution

Arabian Wood by Tom Ford (Private Blends) - first time from a sample, thanks Futami

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

I shall taunt you as second time with Gendarme as SotE.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

Heavy rain, demonstrations and bus strike... A wonderful day as you can immagine...
    Then my younger daughter ( who still coughs, but the doctor finds nothing ... ) had some "good" news ! A veeery bad mark in the history test after having studied for four hours...and examined my her father! I can't believe it! Anyway...

Sotd: Brulure de Rose
    Sote: Tam Dao

Wild poodles gonna drag me away
    Wild, wild poodles, pullin' the sleigh...

Sorry, got all overcome there by SMM's lovely lads. I adore the bow ties - a nice nod to the season without getting silly. (Can't find the wry grin smiley - you'll have to imagine it.)
    And of course I"m on tenterhooks now to find out what MJ does to our hero in Candlyland! Loving those tales, SMM. Brilliant & fun.

We've been enjoying yet more snow and the family have all been out gleefully sledging and building snowmen today. It's lovely. Utterly idyllic Swiss stuff. With chocolate on top (though not for me as I'm on a diet).

I hope you are all having a good time in the run-up to Xmas. Chaya gave me good advice when I was stressing last week before my visitors arrived: chill out! Very true.
    Today I have been chilling out in Chanel No 22. Beautiful white flowers and sparkling aldehydes make me feel the same way I feel when I see snow has fallen. It's a really joyful, uplifting, innocent scent.
    Hugs to all of you.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Scent twins with inees in Narciso Rodriguez For Her edt, soooo pretty. Using up the last drops tonight of two samples I thought were already empty - Fleur Oriental and Pink Sugar. I think I might be getting one as a Christmas present if I'm lucky!

It's a Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere day, from a sample. I can finally use my nose again! Sometimes having a cold is just the kind of minor inconvenience that reminds us how lucky we are to be able to do so many things we take for granted: like having the gift of smell. Getting over a cold is very life-affirming, actually.

Wordbird: I love Chanel 22 also. I've worn it recently a couple times and always kick myself for not wearing it more often. It does have a snowy, wintery feel that goes well with scarves. I never seem to pick it up when it's warm out.