Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Your latest make-up/cosmetics purchases?

Two Butter London nail polishes for myself: Marrow & West End Wonderland. I bought a discontinued "The Balm" palette at TJMAXX for Sofie.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Butter London nail polishes for me, too: Dosh and Scoundrel.

But looks like I haven't updated my BL purchases for ages so I might as well list what I had before these two:
    Artful Dodger, Big Smoke, British Racing Green, Bumster, Crumpet (discontinued), Henley Regatta, MacBeth, Minger, Old Blighty, Pillar Box Red, Rosie Lee, Tea with the Queen, Teddy Boy (discontinued), Thames, Victoriana (my favourite!)

Yes, I'm a big fan and a hoarder
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Red face Re: Your latest make-up/cosmetics purchases?

Somehow I happened to buy YSL nail polish Grey Tuxedo today.

My three little cuties from Butter London arrived today. I bought Branwens Feather, Big Smoke and British Racing Green. They are very beautiful in the bottle.

Chanel perfection Lumiere foundation

happy is the bleu heart<3

I made a quick trip to Sephora today to pick up my free "birthday" body wash and also grabbed a new eyeshadow: Urban Decay Stardust in Retrograde.
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 5th October 2011 at 01:23 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Some fabulous purchases here.

Dorthea, I do so want Branwens Feather. It's such an amazing color.

My latest makeup purchase was for my daughter. She likes the Rimmel Matte powder. It was buy one get the 2nd for 50% off, so we got 2 of those and a Maybeline eyeshadow trio in neutral colors.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

An eyeshadowpalette, Clarins 03 Rosewood. Clarins has become much more fun conserning their makeup resent years!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Well I am going to a SpaceNK event tomorrow evening. But called into the store and got them to put some items aside for me. I will be quaffing champagne thank you, so better chosing with a clear head. LOL

Nars Alhambra eyeshadow duo
    Laura Mercier Brow Definer in Fair
    Emma Hardie Eye Serum

SpaceNK goodie bags are amazing.

Already bought
    YSL Faux Lash Shocking Mascara in Bronze/Black(this really is a fantastic mascara)
    YSL Radiance Blush No6 a rose pink shade.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Some fabulous purchases here.

Dorthea, I do so want Branwens Feather. It's such an amazing color.

My latest makeup purchase was for my daughter. She likes the Rimmel Matte powder. It was buy one get the 2nd for 50% off, so we got 2 of those and a Maybeline eyeshadow trio in neutral colors.
    Branwens Feather is very, very beautiful in the bottle, and one day when I have enought time, I'm determinded to make it look the same on my nails! :-)

Yesterday I bought another YSL lipliner # 12. I stock up on these.

Well I bought the new Laura Mercier Holiday Petite Smokey Eye Palette in Mauve, SpaceNK own brand Midnight Bath Soak.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

I got Laura Mercier's foundation primer and illuminating tinted moisturizer.
    Primers - these things actually do work ! I'm amazed !
    I've been using a sample of the LM original foundation primer for a few days and this stuff is The Best .
    Finally , I'm branching out of Estee Lauder , Dior and Clarins.
    I'm really quite enthusiastic about the Laura Mercier primer .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Mimi, I have to agree with you about the LM primer and tinted illuminating moisturizer - they are wonderful! I had received samples of each and it wasn't long before I had to get the full size... the best cosmetic discovery for me this summer..

LM Tinted Moisturiser was always the best on the market. I haven't used her primer for quite a while now, but it was a staple for me for years. I moved to Smashbox and Prescriptives and stocked up on the latter when the company closed.

I really want her Delux Holiday Palette with the eyeshadows,blushes, eyeliners and three brushes. But will have to wait until next pay day. I do have a £10 Space NK voucher and will use that towards it.
    DONNA

Somehow happened to buy two small nail polishes from YSL: Black Bronze and Black Lapis. There's is only 6 ml in each bottle, so they are ridiculously overprized, but the colours are - oh - so beautiful.
    Last edited by dorthea; 16th October 2011 at 11:56 AM.

I bought this baby.

http://www.lauramercier.com/store/sh...lio_prod480030

Have been eyeballing it for two weeks and since I had £10 on my SpaceNK InDulge card went for it.
    DONNA

Another eye-shadow-palette, Dior 5-coleur Incognito No 030, perfect when I want a blonde nude effect! Truly beautiful colours!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I bought this baby.

Have been eyeballing it for two weeks and since I had £10 on my SpaceNK InDulge card went for it.
    That is a gorgreous set, indeed.

I stopped in sephora last night after a long day of looking for and failing to find new eye glass frames that thrilled me. I picked up the Tarte set of 6 smoldereyes waterproof eye pencils. $39 for the set vs $24 a piece was a no brainer great deal. I wish they weren't quite so glittery, but the colors are magnificently pigmented and they don't move once set. This set has champagne, deep purple, chocolate brown, olive green, black onyx, charcoal grey. Let the experimentation begin!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

happy is the bleu heart<3

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    That is a gorgreous set, indeed.

I stopped in sephora last night after a long day of looking for and failing to find new eye glass frames that thrilled me. I picked up the Tarte set of 6 smoldereyes waterproof eye pencils. $39 for the set vs $24 a piece was a no brainer great deal. I wish they weren't quite so glittery, but the colors are magnificently pigmented and they don't move once set. This set has champagne, deep purple, chocolate brown, olive green, black onyx, charcoal grey. Let the experimentation begin!
    Those look really interesting and the reviews on Sephora are really good. I'm tempted!

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Those look really interesting and the reviews on Sephora are really good. I'm tempted!
    I agree, lovely palette, with very nice colours! Unfourtunally Laura Mercier isn't for sale in the stores in my part of my country, so I can't look at the palette IRL. Otherwise it might have become mine at once!

To my new "blonde" eyeshadowpalette (see abowe) I got an almost nude lipstick, YSL Rouge pour Courure No 05, a warm light beige.

I bought this baby.

Oo! That *does* look nice. Is that a matte purple I see? How do you like it so far? Does it smear?
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

No not matt, the middle shade is African Violet and has shimmer as does the darker Merlot. The Wine Eye liner is matt. No never had a Laura Mercier smear but I do use an eye base, a Laura Mercier one.
    DONNA

Wink Re: Your latest make-up/cosmetics purchases?

Margareta - The Dior Incognito palette is so, so lustworthy, it is the one I want most, Can't justify it at the moment because have gone nuts at Sephora this week during their 20% off sale.

Anyway, some of you beauty nerds might be interested in my latest Chanel/Nars purchases, I made a video for some other beauty nerds on the internet. Bonus adorable dogs at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWqDpe2F5uI

EDIT: Ha, I didnt even catch this = there is some evidence at the very end of my paranoia re: running out of Honore des Pres Sexy Angelic. 6 bottles (I have more in the fridge) that I got from SpaceNK for super cheap - I reeeally need to clean up my sitting room, right now it is just full of cosmetics and perfume.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Besame lippie deluxe sampler "Your Perfect Red" and a tube of Red Hot Red. Supposedly a reproduction of vintage shades from the 30's, 40's and 50's. I must say I these are easily the most wearable reds I have found.
    here's where I found mine: (not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer)
    http://www.whatkatiedid.us.com/produ...same-cosmetics
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

YSL lipstick Rouge Pur Couture in Taupe Raphael
    Last edited by dorthea; 3rd November 2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling

I managed to get two YSL new Shocking Mascaras on ebay another Bronze/Black and a Cherry/Black. Both boxed and saved £7 on each.

Laura Mercier Luxe Eyeshadow Palette. After buying the Face version just knew I had to get the eyeshadow one.
    DONNA

The 2 Quad Royales (Summer in Capri and South of France) by Edward Bess. If anyone is interested, his site is 20% off right now with code OPRAH.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Nars Hanamichi eyeshadow palette. Spotted photos of it earlier in the year and fell in love. Finally arrived my local SpaceNK at the weekend and I had a £10 on my InDulge loyality card. Was told to wait until today as I would get double points on my card. So this thing of beauty is now sitting on my sideboard to be stared at. LOL
    DONNA

A lipstick from the new holiday look from Dior in the color "Nocturne" + an eyeshadow quad "Stylish Move".

Went to a SpaceNK event last night, bought perfume L'Artisan Nuit de Tuberose, plus Nars eyeshadow duo in Kalahari, a limited edition Laura Mercier collection for SpaceNK, Claudalie lip balm, Midnight Jasmine gift set with bath soak and a full size candle.
    I got £30 off my purchases and £20 put on my loyality card. A fab goodie bag with full size SpaceNK candle,soap,handcream and Rococo nail polish worth £62!!!
    DONNA

I have not purchased any makeup or cosmetic items (other than perfume) since last spring (I think). I'm ready for a new primer, my old one is about to run out (I like MAC's). I would like to find some kind of illuminating product for the holidays. I would also like to find a blush/bronzer that is very light and sheer and that works for pale skin, now that it is no longer summer. I suppose I'll go to Sephora this week. I have to brave the mall anyway because Christmas is a week away, and I need to do a little shopping. I like reading this thread for ideas!

Well I hit the sales as well as fragrance and some clothes I bought.

Bumble and Bumble haircare set for coloured hair
    Guerlain 6 eyeshadow set Rue de Rivoli
    YSL lipstick in Strass Rose
    DONNA

Three Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet lipsticks, their Quartz nailpolish and Rose Petale blush

Back at SpaceNK two of their own brand LIFE range sets at half price.
    Midnight Bath Soak(which I love), with Midnight Jasmine Candle, both seperately £18 and £25 the kit was £38 now £19.50
    Another kit with Muscle Soak, Ulimate Unwind, body lotion and Japanese Wash Cloth in a lovely tin box. (I have moved my YSL blushes into it)

Patchouli Suede candle again their own LIFE brand.
    DONNA

Nars Nagauta Brush set arrived today. As ever with Nars, boxed beautifully.

The lip brush is new(ish) so this set can be my back up.....with Shu I just love these brushes.
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

From SpaceNK, Living Proof Restore set with shampoo,conditioner and masque and the new Laura Mercier Spring palette.
    DONNA

From Lookfantastic - Murad Facial scrub, Essie nail polish in Too Too Hot and Tigi Bed Head hair serum Glaze Hase.

An Essie nail polish. The color is called in stitches. I can't wait to go get a short square'ish manicure with this.

Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner Grenat the new shade for Spring
    Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick Perle
    DONNA

Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner Grenat the new shade for Spring
    Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick Perle
    Perle is one of my favorite lipsticks, Donna. It goes with everything.

Chanel nail polish in "April".

I have far too many posts in this thread...

Chanel Blush in Rose Petale, I just want a pretty soft everyday pink and this one fitted the bill.
    DONNA

^ adore Chanel.

The last thing I purchased was a few weeks ago. Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte Translucent Powder in 30 Naturel for my wedding.
    "Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers" - Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by dorthea View Post
    I have far too many posts in this thread...
    Hee, I have far too few!

Stila Petal Infusion eye cream. A freebie from Strawberrynet. The days of my dark circles are numbered!

Basenotes Institution

Oh I love Chanel make up too ! I've moved on from Dior .
    Anyway today I got some Chanel Vamp nail polish and some Sephora polish in I'm With Brad .

Default Re: Your latest make-up purchases?

I went to Barneys yesterday and got what was probably the last GWP bag left in the store.

This is the first time I succumbed to one of these Barney gift bag events without buying anything scented to qualify for it. I got a Claudio Riaz Instant Brow brush, Serge Lutens Lipstick in Pourpre Maure and By Terry Hyalauronic Eye Primer in the fair shade.
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Basenotes Plus

I bought the new Maybelline 14 hour lipstick and promptly returned it. The swatches and the tubes don't really show that there is a ton of glitter in there.....too bad because the texture was an improvement on the two step varieties- but I really don't want glitter on my thin lips.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Institution

I bought Kate Somerville's Exfolikate - Gentle . In the green box. I had a sample of this and it's excellent. I also got a nail polish - Sephora by OPI - called Already Famous. It's a shiny light bronze .

Oh my!!! I just bought some Benefit Magic Ink Jet-Black liquid eyeliner today. WOW! I always thought, with my epicanthic eyelines, I couldn't use liquid eyeliner! This stuff is fantastic!!! It totally defines my eyes... I wish I'd thought to give it a try before, but I'm glad I finally did!
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight Powder
    Nars lipstick Sexual Healing
    YSL Vinyl Candy palette(I had £10 on my Debenhams card so used that).
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    Benefit Magic Ink Jet-Black liquid eyeliner
    Okay, today I discovered a serious drawback with this eyeliner. It is not waterproof. I am just glad I found that out *before* the funeral.

It, however, would work well as a dramatic eyeliner, if you wanted to achieve the watered-down look of Goldie Hawn in "Private Benjamin."

YSL nailpolish # 11 (Golden Touch).

Basenotes Institution

I debated whether to replace my tube of Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturiser but ended up buying Chanel 's Hydra Max tinted moisturizer instead in Sunlit .

Laura Mercier Eye Canvas, I have used the eye basics for years and this is a newer version in a pot. Suppose to be lighter in texture and anti aging too.

Avon gel eyeliner in Golden Fawn. It was being raved about in a beauty blog I read and since it was only £3 just bought one. Very very soft and smooth.

Elizabeth Grant Caviar Eye Cream 30mls size in TK Maxx only £6.99. The brand is sold on a shopping channel here in the UK and I have bought the serums on ebay before.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

Chanel Sublimage comfort cleanser
    Chanel eyeliner 02 Brun

I bought some MAC things at Nordies. The young MAC SA was too busy to help me, so an older SA from Chanel came over and worked with me, God bless her. I need help when I shop for cosmetics because I do it so seldom, lol! I bought their Mineralize foundation and concealer in NW 20, which absolutely perfectly matches my skin, Prep & Prime Skin Base primer, and a blush in a shade I love, love, love, love LOVE(!!) called Prism. I told her I'm too poor to shop at Chanel and she just smiled and said that if I did I would not be able to go back. Very sweet she was and gave me a sample of something else, too, I forget what. She liked the MAC concealer so much that she said she was going to buy it, too.

Oh! Just want to mention: Sephora has a brand called Hourglass that makes a very nice tinted moisturizer that is illuminating. Check it out if you like illuminating but not a lot of thickness.

Editing to add: I’m not crazy about that MAC Mineralize foundation. It is too pearlized to wear during the day. I’m keeping it for evening, though. Back to the hunt.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 30th March 2012 at 02:25 PM.

I bought the new Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Foundation, they are going the MAC direction with no name just intensity and tone. I was matched and given a sample of 2WN1 but felt too heavy and dark, in fact a friend who is I would say medium skin tone was matched to the same shade. I went to a different store and got matched again this time to 2CN1 and it does seem more natural. Feels like nothing on your skin and last for hours.

Chanel Rouge Coco no43 Avant Garde.

YSL Blush Variation no17 Silky Nude, this is my all time favourite shade from YSL. Unfortunately they are discontinuing it and have it on sale. I had beauty club points in Debenhams so got it for £10.67!!!

Kevyn Aucoin Eye lash Curler

Missha BB Cream the Signature version in no23(I thought this shade would be way too dark for me. But was given a sample and it is fine).
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Well my favorite makeup binge usually involves a salon called Janet Sartin in NY...
    Here's the link:
    http://sartin.com/
    My last purchase was nutri-cover eye cream in beige rose, and Dual perfomance compact power in mist. I also bought some Tarte cheek stain in A Perfect Whirled. I love makeup, I wish I had more time to spend playing with it.
    I have far too few posts in this thread myself.
    I bought several guerlain lipsticks as well.

I don't know if this a proper thread for posting: but I am purchasing today a few "Savon de Marseille"-type organic soap bars by Nesti Dante, based on natural ingredients like beeswax, honey, almond, mint and extravrigin olive oil

Highly affordable and recommendable

Savon de Marseille are brilliant soaps. We have a fair in Belfast each christmas and a guy comes over and I stock up.

Well today I bought two Laura Mercier Signature Blushes in Honey Mocha and Soft Iris. She has some new shades in the powder blushes and limited edition in cream blushes.
    DONNA