Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    heart of ice

Default Re: Your latest make-up purchases?

I don't have a Sephora where I live, so when we visit Kansas City, I love to stop by there. Spent nearly an hour and a half browsing there!

Left with:
    Dior Addict Lip Glow
    Urban Decay eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy
    Sephora Insider's birthday gift: eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara (all Sephora brand)

(I was very tempted on hundreds of other things too!)

Well on Wednesday I bought in Debenhams with the 10% discount mega day thing, MAC lipstick in Fluid and John Masters Organic conditioner which was half price and got the extra 10% off.
    DONNA

Kat von de lipstick chronicles !! Woo HOO! Planning on having fun when they arrive from Sephora's. Plus got a mini bottle of SHALIMAR free as a Beauty Insider. I will smell divine and have gorgeous lips. The simple joys in life.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

heart of ice

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Kat von de lipstick chronicles !! Woo HOO! Planning on having fun when they arrive from Sephora's. Plus got a mini bottle of SHALIMAR free as a Beauty Insider. I will smell divine and have gorgeous lips. The simple joys in life.
    I ordered an Urban Decay eyeshadow in Goddess and a Smashbox waterproof eyeliner in Starstruck so I could get that Shalimar mini. It's the new bottle style, SO cute!

Basenotes Institution

NARS Luxor- the all over big stick. I love NARS!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

I've stretched my last Prescriptives False Eyelashes mascara as far as I can stretch it, so today I've attempted to replace it with Diorshow. It has a nice, big, plush brush.
    The way out is a way in-- NEP
    Currently wearing: Arpège by Lanvin

a brown liquid eyeliner by Chanel
    Evenstar

recently splurged on a Chanel Rouge Coco lippie in Rivoli. Has the fragrance of rosewater as an added pleasure.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

I've been wanting a different lip look, leaning towards glosses again, and I've been having some luck with drugstore cosmetics (meaning, getting better at selecting colors without trying them on first .) So yesterday I bought a Revlon Mineral Lipglaze in Eternal Blossom, a salmony pink that is shiny but not reflective, and long-lasting, as glosses are concerned.

I only discovered Sephora this past August and the first few times I went I only looked at perfumes. However, I did happen to notice the 98% of other stuff (make-up/body related) and I believe I either got samples or something but all of a sudden, I'm ALL about make-up! I have gotten
    Bare minerals make-up
    Buxum lip gloss
    Venom lip gloss
    Stila lip stain

I'm having fun playing with my new goodies.

I just bought some Estee Lauder blush
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable man adapts the world to himself, therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." "Shaw"

Blog Entries

MAC Lady Danger, a matte yellow-based lipstick, and a matching lipliner, Redd. Still not used to the way the quite yellow red of Lady Danger looks on me alone, but it feels like a challenge. I can see that it looks good, it's just so different from my usual neutral and blue-based reds. I love it mixed with a little Russian Red.

Blog Entries

I've gone nuts with makeup lately. Chanel eyeshadow quad in Demure, bronzing powder in Desert Corail, blush duo tweed effect in Tweed Rose, Highlighter face pen, brow pencil taupe, eye pencil graphite, lip pencil Nude. Rouge Allure lip stick in Crazed, and two glosses: Paiette & Pagoda. (I had a gift card.)

Then Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (the best!) Two MAC paint pots: Painterly & Bare Study and the new nail polish set in the tartan tin: "5 Naughty Little Vices Nail Lacquers"

This will last me for years!
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Basenotes Institution

I got Dior's Extase mascara- it's supposed to give you the false eyelash effect- don't see it to be honest but there you go - it's still good stuff - gives you nice long black lashes .
    I also got a Dior lipstick in Brun Samarcande ( 434 ) which is a brown / bronze pink tone. The name reminds me of Hermes, Poivre Samarkande !
    I also bought Clarins Facial Shaping Lift lotion - lets see if it works to lift this old face !

I bought Louve by Serge Lutens and then I saw the lipstick. Why not! A month later I received a mailer from Barney's. OMG! I spent $75.00 on lipstick? It was lipstick...can't be over $35. Ooops!

DiorShow Mascara in rich black. It's nice but I'm not sure I like it better than the Clinique I've used for years. I do like Dior makeup though, very nice to use.

A couple of Edward Bess eye shadows, a YSL duo and an Hourglass lipstick. I'm already about 8 weeks behind in products to photo/review, but just had to get these.

heart of ice

I bought Cover Girl's Lash Blast Fusion mascara in very black. It's just ok, IMO. It promises to add length and volume, but I'm just seeing the volume really. I love the color, though.

Basenotes Institution

I bought Chanel Correcteur Perfection Concealer in Beige Ivoire. This is gooooood stuff !

Basenotes Institution

Guerlain blusher 01 Tendre Aurore.

I threw away the Extase Dior mascara which I think I'm allergic to and bought Chanel mascara instead .

Clinique - superfit foundation. I've worn it for years. Sheer matte finish with excellent staying power.

Blog Entries

Ordered a full-size jar of Alima Satin Matte Foundation, and a full-size of their finishing powder as well - I've been trying out Alima foundation shades during the fall and settled on a custom mix. I have never been this pleased with a foundation before, to be honest, and never have I met a foundation I would wear daily before this one, either.

Basenotes Institution

Estee Lauder Lipstick Rich Rose
    EL Magnascopic Mascara
    Chanel eyeshadow - taupe - Ombres Contraste Duo no 20

Blog Entries

Yesterday I bought refills of my Diorshow black mascara and Chanel Rouge Coco lippie in Mademoiselle. I tried Orchidee, which is a dark and bright pink, but not as bold as magenta. I like it. It's a little bit sheer and a little pearlescent. I might have to go back for it.

Red face What did you buy today - Beauty Edition.

Finally bought the Lippmann nail polishes I've been eying off for a year I love when I find an international shipper.

Ruby Red Slippers.

Bad Romance.

Don't Tell Mama. I just discovered this while trying to find a lacquer that reminded me of the forest and mossy rocks. Perfect.

Last edited by tigrushka; 16th April 2011 at 08:12 AM.

Default Re: Your latest make-up/cosmetics purchases?

I bought these for my GF :-s Please give me your opinions . Its hard for a guy to shop for these stuff :-s

NARS Dolce Vita
    Smashbox HD Concealer Medium
    Stila Bronzer Shade 02

Chanel Le Crayon Khol - Noir
    Guerlain #441 Eyeshadow Quad ( http://au.strawberrynet.com/makeup/g.../95989/#DETAIL )

Dior DiorShow Iconic HD Lash Curler
    Stila Smudgepot Pink Noir

Rouge Coco Bois De Iles %for mom
    Rouge coco La Pausa %1 for mom and 1 more her

Bloom Lash curler
    PHILOSOPHY blush BRUSH
    SMASHBOX Arced Eyeliner Brush
    SMASHBOX Double Ended Smudger Brush
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Blog Entries

Sofie & I have gone a bit crazy for nail polish lately. I love Deborah Lippmann polishes too, seaofghosts.

Sofie got the sparkly ones, I got the cremes.
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    I bought these for my GF :-s Please give me your opinions . Its hard for a guy to shop for these stuff :-s

NARS Dolce Vita
    Smashbox HD Concealer Medium
    Stila Bronzer Shade 02

Chanel Le Crayon Khol - Noir
    Guerlain #441 Eyeshadow Quad ( http://au.strawberrynet.com/makeup/g.../95989/#DETAIL )

Dior DiorShow Iconic HD Lash Curler
    Stila Smudgepot Pink Noir

Rouge Coco Bois De Iles %for mom
    Rouge coco La Pausa %1 for mom and 1 more her

Bloom Lash curler
    PHILOSOPHY blush BRUSH
    SMASHBOX Arced Eyeliner Brush
    SMASHBOX Double Ended Smudger Brush
    Wow, you have a lucky girlfriend (and mother)!

Nars Dolce Vita (don't know if you mean lipstick, blush or other) is such an all-round pleaser that it's a really good bet. The others I haven't tried though. Hope she loves them!

Just bought:

Cle de Peau - Oil Balancing Essence:

Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup:

Philosophy - The Supernatural Windows To The Soul Eye Shadow Palette - Smoke and Mirrors:

Philosophy - The Supernatural Windows To The Soul Eye Shadow Palette - Box of Truffles:

All for under $100! Amazing. Gosh I love StrawberryNet
    ♥ Tom Ford Private Blends, Diptyque candles, Jo Malone, Frederic Malle, Auric Blends.
    Please let me know if you're selling a bottle of Tom Ford - Noir de Noir

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitful View Post
    Wow, you have a lucky girlfriend (and mother)!

Nars Dolce Vita (don't know if you mean lipstick, blush or other) is such an all-round pleaser that it's a really good bet. The others I haven't tried though. Hope she loves them!
    Thank you so much for your opinion Its the blush one. Now i understand why women take ages to shop for these stuff. Took me weeks to come up with that list
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"