Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Your latest make-up purchases?

Dior Lip Glow Reviver Balm

It´s great
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Lancaster bronzer quad for lips, eyes, cheeks. Rivals same palette from YSL at a fraction of the price ;-).

Revlon Matte blusher in Berry colour.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Oh, dear.

I wanted to buy Nars Mekong, a brown shadow from the fall collection. It wasn't available locally, so I went shopping over in Jax and they had it in the Blue Mercury store. The SA was terribly distracted by recommending peach blushes to a customer, so I had some time to look around. I decided--much against type--that I liked the Silk Road duo and that I also liked Damage lipstick, even though it is a sheer.

When the SA finally had time to help me, I ordered up all three of these items. When I got home I noticed that she had given my Mykonos, a cream shadow, instead ot the Mekong. Jax is too far for me to go to return and the gas would cost me as much as a lipstick, so I had no choice but to try the Mykonos, which looked like a bronze/rose with gold shimmer. It applied as lilac. Did nothing for me. Layered the darker side of the Silk Road over the top (Silk Road is very sparkly) and then lined with brown shadow. Looked great. Went to Sephora on line and ordered the Mekong.

This is how I spent $110.00 on a single brown eyeshadow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Today I went to replenish my Prescriptives False Eyelashes mascara, and the SA said she'd heard a rumor of the line being discontinued. I'm thinking I may have to stockpile it.
    I also wanted a new tube of Shiseido Salmon Rose lipstick, but it appears to have been discontinued, as well. The SA was very patient, helping me find a reasonable match. I ended up with Estee Lauder Mocha Pink. I used EL cosmetics about ten years ago and due to associations with that time I tend to steer clear of that counter. But I put on this Mocha Pink and remembered why I kinda liked their lipsticks-- the waxy, slightly sweet lipstick smell. So this one will work!

just so you know, Lauder is shutting down Prescriptives as of the new year. They're gonna keep selling stuff online until supplies run out so if you regularly use anything i'd get it. I think they've already stopped production on everything but Calyx.
    m

Let's see.....I purchased NYX Doll Eyes Mascara in the Volume formula for the second time.
    I'm going to get some M.A.C. Studio Fix foundation in the very near future.
    Also purchased my third shade of Cover Girl Lip stain marker. I forget this one's name but it's a nice, not too bright red. I have another one in a mauve tint and one in Plum. I LOVE these!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

YSL Rouge Pur in 131 Rouge Opium
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    i just placed an order with Everyday Minerals. Thanks to my daughter, I have recently discovered their magvificent and reasonably priced foundation.
    Hi , how about minerals makeup ? I'm not sure which brand is the best.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

MAC Dazzelglass lipgloss in Baby Sparks for my daughter who had a long week of tests and aced all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    MAC Dazzelglass lipgloss in Baby Sparks for my daughter who had a long week of tests and aced all of them.
    Hooray for RHMini!

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly a cosmetic, but I bought 1,000 disposable eyeliner brushes to use as applicators for Bimatoprost (Generic Latisse).
    Last edited by socalwoman; 27th October 2009 at 12:41 AM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought Magnascopic mascara by Estee Lauder which I have always loved and used ( apart from Dior Show mascara ) and some EL lipstick .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a mascara from the Hard Candy line at Walmart, which I assume is a new line they're carrying? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping for ginormous lashes and I will report back after I test run it.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

I just got this By Terry palette. The eyeshadows are Amethyst and Champagne and the gloss is in Black Orchid. I really like the brushes that come with By Terry palettes. The case has a magnetic closure that is nice too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bourjois has launched another set of limited edition jars...
    http://www.bourjois.fr/catalogue/maq...z_vous_a_paris

This time I couldn't resist the violet eye shadow with the pic of Place Vendōme and the Tour d'Eiffel blusher...
    Last edited by tigrushka; 29th November 2009 at 09:09 AM.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Lipstick Queen's Rose Sinner lipstick, and waiting impatiently for it to arrive in the mail like a little girl!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some L'Oreal mascara at the drugstore yesterday. No big whoop there, but I've been really getting into nail polish lately. I think I'm becoming addicted. I've bought around nine or ten new ones in the past few weeks. I'm going to Sephora today to look for Illamasqua's Rampage, a deep dark forest green. It's calling me.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Not exactly a cosmetic, but I bought 1,000 disposable eyeliner brushes to use as applicators for Bimatoprost (Generic Latisse).
    How are you finding this? Are you seeing any results? I am so curious about this product but am a bit scared of the skin/iris darkening possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I bought some L'Oreal mascara at the drugstore yesterday. No big whoop there, but I've been really getting into nail polish lately. I think I'm becoming addicted. I've bought around nine or ten new ones in the past few weeks. I'm going to Sephora today to look for Illamasqua's Rampage, a deep dark forest green. It's calling me.
    Love the deep dark greens! I purchased OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow and found it too dark. Under indirect lighting and from a distance it looked black. The minty greens are pretty but too light for the season. I am not familiar with Illamasqua but will check it out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm going to Sephora today to look for Illamasqua's Rampage, a deep dark forest green. It's calling me.
    I was debating between Rampage & Muse (dark teal). I bought Muse, but the green is calling me, too.

For anyone who's interested: Illamasqua's colors.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    For anyone who's interested: Illamasqua's colors.
    Ooh, tang, lots of pretty colors! I need to make a trip up to Washington Square for my bare minerals soon, anyway, I'll have to stop by Sephora, as well. I realy like Phallic and Unnatural. Milf is pretty for summer, too (cannot abide that name, though ).

Post Thanks / Like

Arrrgh! Our local Sephora doesn't carry Illamasqua! I went to Ulta instead and tried a couple of dark greens (very nice SA there let me try them on a piece of clear tape over my nail), but I didn't like the dark colors on my hands. I LOVE those dark greens & teals...just not on me. So I bought a pale lime sherbet green by OPI called Gargantuan Green Grape...
    (not my nails - this is from somebody's blog),
    and a little Essie holiday set with Mint Candy Apple (pale mint green) and a couple of other colors...

These just make my eyes happy. I'll be in Florida over Christmas, so they actually are sorta seasonal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    ...Milf is pretty for summer, too (cannot abide that name, though ).
    Does that name actually mean something?

Tang, Muse is beautiful!

P.S. I also checked out their fragrances, but nothing caught my fancy. I thought I might like Idole, but meh.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 1st December 2009 at 05:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That Green Grape is pretty, too! The Essie set looks perfect for a Florida Christmas.

MILF is an acronym for a vulgar phrase (Wikipedia page)... I had to roll my eyes at some of Illamasqua's naming choices. They're like the ELDO of nail polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    I really like Phallic and Unnatural.
    Those two caught my eye, too. I could also see being tempted by some of their bright colors next summer.

Illamasqua's names made me think of Urban Decay's nail polish, and now I'm eyeing their Apocalyptic Nail Kit. I wish more companies offered mini bottles.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Tang! I'm so uninformed. It might be just as well.

That Essie set makes my eyes happy too!! I think the dark green may be too much for me too but Muse and Milf are sooo nice. I don't think I have seen the llamasqua line at my Sephora.

Well I bought Nars Multiple in Portofino today after much testing with a sweet & helpful Nars SA. I have South Beach which is more of a bronzer, so I "needed" something of a blush. Portofino is lovely and I think I have found the PERFECT pink/coral blush.

I have Nars powder blush in Orgasm (speaking of ridiculous names lol) but I love the sticks- they last longer on my skin. The shimmer/frost is actually barely noticeable in natural light on my skin.

Last edited by Jane Daly; 2nd December 2009 at 12:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooooh...preeeetty, 3xasif! More happy eyes!

Well, I'm *kind of* kicking myself for getting the Nars as now I want this. Organic AND the two products are less $$$ than the Nars. I have already bought one for my older daughter. Awesome!

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr...00038%20130128
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 2nd December 2009 at 02:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some sheer lipstick by Cover Girl.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a couple Kevyn Aucoin eyeliners w/brushes today from the HauteLook sale: http://www.hautelook.com/product/711965
    It's the first time for me to try his eyeliners - I usually use Bobbi Brown gel liners, but at this price, I figure they're worth a try. I'm getting them in green and blue.

I just got Dermalogica Sheer Tint spf 15 tinted moisturizer in Medium and LOVE IT. Super sheer, just gives a nice glow. Matte without being dry, doesn't turn orange-y on my skin- wow. Looks dark but it is so sheer and a tiny bit goes a long way. I feel like I've tried them all and this one is perfect

The last makeup I got was from Garden Botanika.IMO they have the best makeup.

Post Thanks / Like

Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick in "Rosy"

"Cream-to-powder, non-drying, oil-free"
    Sniff and let sniff.

Post Thanks / Like

Lilybelle - I almost bought that Mint Candy Apple polish last week but then didn't because I wasn't sure of what it would look like irl - thanks for posting that pic (it looks less blue on the nails than it does in the photo of the bottle).

My latest purchases:

Illamasqua LE 'Birthday' false lashes (way OTT with little sparklies - will have to wait for a serious night out to wear these)
    Illamasqua 'Phenomena' liquid metal (gorgeous silver)
    Beaute lip/cheek stains in Fluoron and Harlot
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion and Cover Girl's Smoky Shadowblast sticks in Silver Sky and Bronze Fire. I shouldn't have wasted money on the Silver Sky as the plum tone accentuates undereye circles. Edited to add: Flirt! powder blush in Dragonfly. I LOVE it--Nars Orgasm was just too shimmery on me.
    Last edited by greyhoundgirl; 13th January 2010 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick in "Rosy"

"Cream-to-powder, non-drying, oil-free"
    ------------

totally love this!! Love the color!!

*had to repost, forgot the pic.

Post Thanks / Like

I was browsing the Peter Thomas Roth website and ordered some of their eye brightening anti aging pressed powder concealer... for 6 dollars! man, I love that website.

Post Thanks / Like

Stay Matte Powder Oil Free by Clinique.

Post Thanks / Like

BeneFit Dr. Feelgood after the SA tried it on me... Forgot how good this was!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LedByMyNose View Post
    Lilybelle - I almost bought that Mint Candy Apple polish last week but then didn't because I wasn't sure of what it would look like irl - thanks for posting that pic (it looks less blue on the nails than it does in the photo of the bottle).
    You know, after all the excitement about it, I wound up disappointed in Mint Candy Apple. I didn't like the white opacity of it on my nails. It reminded me too much white out on my nails. I'll be glad to send you mine if you like it or want to try it. It's a mini. I'm finding that I prefer the blue greens in a sheerer formulation with a bit of shimmer, so that you can build up saturation like using a glaze.

My latest purchase was a Revlon lipgloss in Nude, and I've been buying more nail polish. I found some Borghese sheers and Sally Hanson Salon jewel colored ones on sale for nothing. I might go for SH "Tourmaline" today.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 30th January 2010 at 06:55 PM.

I like to keep my makeup simple, but it's fun to try new things. I've been particularly enjoying the NARS line lately for eye shadow, blush, and lipstick. Current favorites: Damages lipstick, Oasis blush, and Edie and Ondine for eyes.

Today I ordered some new things to try. The Multiple sounds intriguing for multiple reasons, LOL. I ordered the coffret from Sephora, which has three colors, Orgasm, South Beach, and Copacabana. The smaller sizes should be perfect to carry in a purse:

And I ordered a new eyeshadow duo. The colors are called Sable and Black Violet:

I have this dream of having a tiny makeup bag with just a handful of things that will do everything. Still working on that.
    Last edited by Haunani; 30th January 2010 at 09:29 PM.

My latest purchase would be a powder blush from CHANEL. In Tempting Beige. =)

Just bought two 10g containers of mineral blush - the only blush in the history of blushes that does not make me look like either a clown or a porcelain doll.

Not a happy purchase, though: it's a backup for the one I have as I *just* found out that the company I bought it from is closing up shop. And not out of necessity/bankruptcy/whathaveyou, nooooo. It's because the owner imagines herself the second coming of Ghandi and is going to dedicate her efforts to a new, small-scale mineral makeup company with a "message of hope". Barf.
    Just do what you're good at, woman - which, FYI, is NOT running for the Nobel peace price, ktnxbai.
    Last edited by Morgaine; 5th February 2010 at 01:50 PM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity... Which company is it?

It's The She Space. Used to be very happy with their product, but now I'm just annoyed to be handing my money to a company that does not care about its customers. Needless to say, this will have been my last purchase there or in any future venture that comes out of this.
    Last edited by Morgaine; 5th February 2010 at 01:36 PM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Post Thanks / Like

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!! Some people just don't get it (customer service, that is)... So sorry for you...

Anyway, can she not be multitasking enough to do both???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh my gosh, veuve, that is too much. There are soooo many things I'm restraining myself from saying right now....

Anyhoo, I found one last tube of my preciousss False Eyelashes mascara at an EL discounter. Three more months of lash bliss!

Post Thanks / Like

From a swap, but brand new!!

- Victoria's Secret lipgloss in Blush
    - CoverGirl LashBlastVolume mascara in Black

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Dior Capture Totale High Definition Serum Foundation SPF 15 . I do love CD skin care and cosmetics- I've used them for years and find them excellent and they do what they promise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bump! I just discovered Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls. They're like $5 a piece, easy to use, and gorgie! They come in 8 or 9 different shades. So far I'm loving Bronze Blowout and Silver Starlet.

Missha BB perfect cream No. 23
    Laura Mercier Lip Balm
    Laila Lip gloss

and that's it...

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had to buy make up .........my staples....
    Chanel Mascara
    Chanel eyeliner

Clarins Body Shaping Cream , for the smell !

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Just kind of went nuts replacing my aging make-up stash.
    Got Tarte brand mascara, eye primer, a shadow pallette, and a travel shadow duo. Also got some Korres concealer and 4 lipstains- 2 Tarte, 1 Josie Marin, one Maybelline. That should hold me for a while.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Last week I bought one Mac eyeliner, lipstick and a mascara. What a nice shopping!!

been lemming for Kat Von D lipsticks they look so pigmented, today I purchased Backstage Bambi and NARS Orgasm lipgloss.
    Great combination, perfect hot pink lips, though I admit the lipgloss' name swayed me.

anybody else have any Kat Von D recommendations? The colors are so vibrantly hued, not sure which one to try next.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I got NARS South Beach blusher stick, Dior Hydralife something -or- the- other tinted moisturiser,Dr. Perricone toner and cream, Dior concealer - the one that comes with a brush - it's excellent ( can't remember the full name ) , Ojon hair products.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh!!! Well YSL autumn collection eyeshadow duo 29 lilac and a bronze brown duo, the blush 19 a soft muted pink.
    Two Clarins new long wearing lipsticks Rouge Prodige in Praline and Lilac Pink
    Smashbox Shadowliner in Copper.

Oh and I will be buying the Elemis TSV from QVC UK on Sunday.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    been lemming for Kat Von D lipsticks they look so pigmented, today I purchased Backstage Bambi and NARS Orgasm lipgloss.
    Great combination, perfect hot pink lips, though I admit the lipgloss' name swayed me.

anybody else have any Kat Von D recommendations? The colors are so vibrantly hued, not sure which one to try next.
    Really tempted by NARS Orgasm lip gloss and the blusher stick too .

Post Thanks / Like

No I did not buy the Elemis TSV last Sunday. But I did buy a Julie Hewett LA eyeshadow palette Petite 4. New to this brand but exclellent quality and the eyeshadows are twice the size of MAC ones. Also a Smashbox Shadow Liner in Copper, still waiting for that to be delivered.
    DONNA

Palladio natural rice foundation (wet/dry)
    Colorstay eyeliner pencil
    Estee Lauder Blush Stick
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable man adapts the world to himself, therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." "Shaw"