Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Your latest make-up/cosmetics purchases?

I don't do bronzer! I look either orange or muddy. But they I saw the new Givenchy Bonne Mine and had a quick play. They are a powder/gel looks like a powder compact goes on like a powder compact with a brush. What you get a soft golden sheer glow, they feel creamy when you swipe with your finger. Since no number 1 shade in stock or even tester tried the number 2 expecting it to be way too dark but not at all. So that is what I bought yesterday.
    DONNA

Yes its me again. LOL

Nars summer collection, the trio eyeshadow Ramatuelle. I adore peach eyeshadows, blushes and lipsticks. A no brainer I would just love it.
    DONNA

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

totally late to the party but UD Naked 2 pallette..... llllllllllluuuuuurrrrrrrrvvvvveeeeeeee

Currently binging on roses.... Jo Malone, you dirty bitch. You too, Stella McCartney.

Yes me again. LOL I had £5 on my Debenhams Beauty Card which had to used before the 13th.

Estee Lauder have new powder blushers out(well new shades), I bought Lover's Blush a gorgeous nude with a tiny hint of shimmer.

Over the past two weeks Boots the chemist have had the own Time Delay range at half price. I have bought 3 neck creams, two serums and a line filler. Everyone goes on about the Lift and thing range but, the Time Delay got the biggest marks in the Beauty Bible. Oh and its much cheaper too even at full price.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I don't do bronzer! I look either orange or muddy. But they I saw the new Givenchy Bonne Mine and had a quick play. They are a powder/gel looks like a powder compact goes on like a powder compact with a brush. What you get a soft golden sheer glow, they feel creamy when you swipe with your finger. Since no number 1 shade in stock or even tester tried the number 2 expecting it to be way too dark but not at all. So that is what I bought yesterday.
    Thanks for posting this Donna! I got it in shade #1. I have aged-former-sun-worshipper skin, and most makeup just makes it look worse, especially if there's anything powdery about it. This stuff is like magic. It adds glow without shine and doesn't settle into the lines or pores.

Dior eyeshadow quint in "Petal Shine".

butter LONDON All Hail the Queen and Knackered, can't wait to try them (but will wait until I get back home...)
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Discovered my local Boots actually sells Essie polishes!!!!!

So today I bought Trophy Wife and Beach Bum Blu.

Debenhams have a Philosophy counter of last week bought the Field of Flowers shower/bath gel and body lotion(I did get 10% off), plus a GWP of three 50mls sizes and a black bag.
    DONNA

Yes its me again. LOL

SpaceNK have started to stock Hourglass products.

I bought Hidden concealer in Pearl and Femme Rouge lipstick in Whisper a pink/beige with silver shimmer.
    DONNA

I think it was some Revlon lip stick. I really love their brand for lipstick. My all-time favorite color is Toast of New York, goes with everything you wear and just really suits my coloring. They have such lovely colors. I also have Teak Rose and a mauve and a copper colored lipstick and switch them around.

Some more Hourglass.

Foundation Veil in shade 1(which I thought would be far too dark until tried on my skin).
    Eyeshadow duo in Gypsy, bronze and a pale gold
    No5 concealer brush.
    DONNA

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

I have been BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD lately... bought a whole slew of MAC stuff, some Lancome concealer, Too Faced shadows, Nars shadows, Lush charcoal face soap (MIRACULOUS!), Stila shadows, Laura Mercier blush... aaaccckkk!!! My wallet is sad. But my face is purrrrrrrty.

Currently binging on roses.... Jo Malone, you dirty bitch. You too, Stella McCartney.

Hi! May I join in?

I've been awful lately. My makeup routine hadn't changed in the last couple of years, and I was fine with it. Then -- all of a sudden -- felt totally bored and desperately in need of shaking things up. So here are the highlights of my recent makeup binges:

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Mirifique and Illusoire (and I really want Elouie. I bought it, returned it, now can't stop obsessing about it)
    Bobbi Brown 3-eyeshadow pallet with Bone, Taupe & Velvet Plum
    Smashbox Limitless cream shadow in Topaz
    YSL glossy stain in the Sephora exclusive red (#20, can't remember the name)
    Dior Show Blackout mascara
    Chanel Glossimer in Summer Dress (?) (something like that)

I don't know what's wrong with me; I never used to spend this kind of money on makeup. Gotta say, though, that I'm loving all of it. Especially the Chanel cream eyeshadows! They're so totally gorgeous I can't stop playing with them. I just got out of bed to put some on and now have to go wash my face again.

- Stacey
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

Basenotes Institution

Chanel Sublimage cleanser. This is fantastic stuff. Takes off make up in one fellswoop and cleans your face without leaving it dry. On my third tube.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

A new mascara. This time I bought One by One volume express by Maybelline. Will see how this one will perform.

Went to a SpaceNK event last night, got a fab goodie bag as well.

REN Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk
    Talika Lipocils Expert
    By Terry Ombre Blackstar eyeshadow Bronze Moon

Hourglass:

Eyeshadow duo in Suede
    Femme Rouge Edition
    Veil Mineral Primer

- - - Updated - - -

Hit the new Inglot store which opened this week in Belfast. Bought two eyeliners, liquid 22 which is a rich orange gold shade and a retractable pencil in 528 a silver taupe shade.

Last edited by donna255; 23rd June 2012 at 06:33 PM.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

I am such a convert to Chanel make up . Anyway I stocked up on 2 tubes of the Hydra Max tinted moisturizer in Sunlit , the automatic liquid eyeliner in brown and managed to come away with a free foundation brush and various other samples for my skin because there was a promotion going on . They wanted to do a makeover but I really don't like other people fiddling with my make up and face - so I just got the goodie bag .

Both the Hydra Max moisturizer and the liquid eyeliner are great and staples for me.

What can I say ...... I'm a girl !

quick dry nail polish top by Cutex and nail polish remover

- - - Updated - - -

Skin care by Peter Thomas Roth.

Chanel Stylo Yeux 85 Grenat

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, yes its me again.

YSL new foundation Touche Éclat in BR30. Strangely I was matched to two different shades by two stores. B40 was the other one. But the BR is better on me.

Essie Penny Talk metallic nail polish.
    DONNA

Went to see the new LUSH cosmetics in store. Bought two items a eye liner Quietly Motivated a bronze brown shade and Sophisticated a champagne/pink/taupe eye shadow.

Laura Mercier mascara in burgundy and eye shadow duo from the new Cinema Noir collection.
    DONNA

Garnier BB Cream - lightly toned

Basenotes Plus

Beauty Brands is having their annual liter sale on shampoo and conditioners. Sofie & I went "nuts".

AG Colour Care shampoo & conditioner
    Bed Head Epic Volume shampoo & conditioner
    Bed Head Extreme Straight shampoo & conditioner
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

2 tubes of Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate . Excellent stuff and highly recommended for everyone who wants clear and even toned skin .

The new Givenchy Noir Couture mascara in brown.
    DONNA

Nothing exciting, only two shower gels by Bionsen

Aloe vera deo roll-on by Yves Rocher.

Had a bit of a haul today, which sort of turned into a drama.

Inglot store.
    Two eye shadows Pearl 407 and Shine 31
    Lipstick 165
    Liquid Eyeliner 35(when I got home found out they had given me 25!!!!!)/ Had to phone them and they will change it for me.
    I bought the eye palette which should have been half price as I bought two eyeshadows. (Found they had charged me full price, but got that fixed)

Nars Outlaw blush.

Bobbi Brown Corrector Light Bisque

Lush eyeliner is the peach shade Dynamic(sp)

So I have to bring the Inglot eyeliner back and get the correct shade.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

New ULTA opened near us, I got a little thing called "Streekers" in purple. You can use it to put little color highlights in your hair! Wash it out with shampoo. I love it, my daughter thinks I'm weird.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    New ULTA opened near us, I got a little thing called "Streekers" in purple. You can use it to put little color highlights in your hair! Wash it out with shampoo. I love it, my daughter thinks I'm weird.
    ooohh! I've been wanting something like that in cobalt blue ... I'll have to check it out.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Hey shades......
    http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...ryId=cat120038

This is YOU, honey!

Shiseido cream eye shadow in Bare Pink

Laura Mercier mineral powder in classic beige (a bit dark, but I'm tanned, so OK for now) and Laura Mercier foundation primer in randiance. Plus the boring mascara :-)
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Revlon Dreamer 401 nail polish 50p in my local Boots!!!!!

Hourglass concealer in Natural and Superficial mascara in carbon. The rep was in SpaceNK and I was chatting to her and somehow managed to buy a few items. I did get £10 with my Indulge card.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Lorac 3d Lustre in both gold and silver, fabulous micro holo glitter, and you can put it on your eyes, or on top of your lipstick if your a gliiter freak like me.

Nars Super Orgasm more glitter

Deborah Lippman SWAGGA LIKE US lovely multitoned polish, greeny, gold, brownish, even maybe a bit of blue in there.

Lancome juicy tube in Tickled Pink

I always think i haven't spent much, till i tot it all up. This is me " economising"
    No more, i will not buy any more, i am poor

I bought 2 Tokyomilk Dark lip balms in Salted Caramel and Smoked Salt.

Smashbox Waterproof Shadowliner just released in the UK(QVC sold them in duos exclusively before), in Metallic Marble.
    DONNA

Somersets shaving oil for tough beard

Basenotes Plus

Revlon lipstick in Fire and Ice (an oldie but goodie) THE perfect red for warm weather.
    Chanel Lipstick Coco Shine in Elise
    MAC fluidline in Local Wares - a grey green with a hint of gold
    MAC makeup remover wipes
    Chanel Allure Rouge in #99 Pirate. THE perfect red for cold weather.
    Bobby Brown gel liner in Cobalt

Two YSL Touche Éclat foundations. One in B10 and one in B40 to mix into the B10 when my neck and shoulders are tanned.

A MAC blusher in Breath of Plum.

YSL nailpolish in Rouge Expressioniste.

Debenhams have 10% off cosmetics this week, plus I had £5 on my beauty card to use.

Chanel Rouge Coco #45 Caractere, a lovely plum/brown shade.

Elemis facials 2 for 1 with the 10% off and I got an extra 500 points on my beauty card = £5.

- - - Updated - - -

I had £5 on my beauty card with House of Fraser to use. Mid week I read a review of Estee Lauder Pure Blush in Sensuous Rose and decided to go have a look at it in real life. I did buy it.
    DONNA

An anti-dandruff shampoo by Yves Rocher

Crème Gommante pour le Visage/Gentle Facial Buffing Cream ~ Sisley

Gel Nettoyant Gommant/Buff & Wash Facial Gel with botanical extracts ~ Sisley

7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula ~ Clinique

I've been looking for a good face scrub and have yet to find something I really like. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.
    What I've Been Wearing:

If you have an Elemis counter near by(Debenhams,John Lewis and House of Fraser have them), try their Skin Bluff or if you can use enzymes then the Papaya Mask. The later you leave on for ten minutes like a mask, but can use another mask over it.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    If you have an Elemis counter near by(Debenhams,John Lewis and House of Fraser have them), try their Skin Bluff or if you can use enzymes then the Papaya Mask. The later you leave on for ten minutes like a mask, but can use another mask over it.
    Thanks Donna I will try to get to an Elemis counter the next time I'm out and about in London.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Ask for samples
    DONNA

Touche Éclat ~ YSL

(lightest shade the name escapes me)
    What I've Been Wearing:

Guerlain Meteorites, No2 Teint Beige
    Estee Lauder eye shadow palette
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

House of Fraser had 10% off cosmetics Thursday-Friday, so took the opportunity to buy Armani Maestro foundation. Had to order on the phone as it wasn't on their website yet. Also as no idea what shade I would be, told sa what I wore in Luminous Silk shade 4. She kindly went and matched that they are the same shades.
    DONNA

Dior Addict extreme lipstick in Plaza
    Chanel cream eyeshadow in Mirifique
    Chanel mascara
    Chanel nail polish Frenzy

Chanel Vitalumiere foundation - luv it
    Mademoiselle Coco Rouge lippir
    Sweet beige glossimer

Lemming over the Mirifique - how is it Blue Eyez?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I stopped by Sephora to pick up my birthday gift (mini tubes of Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in sugar and rose) and looked at all kinds of wonderful things. I ended up buying a new tube of mascara: Lancome Hypnose Star. I will be giving it a full-on test run tomorrow.

I like the lip treatments so far. Anyone use those?
    I've trademarked the color bleu

This week I have purchased:-

Benefit The Porefector - I use this a lot!

Nivea BB Cream in Light.

Nivea Q10 Night Cream

Danielle Laroche Serum

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Got a voucher from SpaceNK(had to be used online), £10 off when you spent £40.

So two Nars Larger Than Life eyeliner pencils, the brown/bronze and the brassy gold, plus LifeNK muscle soak bath foam.
    DONNA

Excipial U Hydrolotion.
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Givenchy prism for eyes in Red Passion, I believe this one is discontinued????? It was in the old packaging and only one left in the store.

Bumble and Bumble Color Minded set, actually already am using this set but its great value compared to buy full sizes.

- - - Updated - - -

Marks and Spencer have an excellent skin care range. I swear by their neck cream, out performs the higher end brands. Its £12 by the way.

So they have a 10% off all beauty until the 24th. I bought a neck cream and then from their new Pure range an overnight oil.
    They have the bunny logo as well, important to many. I also got a free GWP, you could chose which you wanted, I picked the £12 one. Two 20mls pots of day and night cream plus a 15ml serum.
    DONNA

Basenotes Member

Tarte launched their own website and I just ordered the Amazonian Clay blush enthusiast set (yay, sephora was sold out a while ago!). To take advantage of their 20% off and get free shipping I also picked up a full sized blush in Exposed. Can't wait until it arrives!

Had some major haulage today.

Crabtree and Evelyn buying a gift for an aunt they had their 25g hand creams in a gift box for half price if you bought a full size product. You get 6 in the set.

Guerlain Turnadot eyeshadow quad, I have been lusting after this one, essential.com have it at £33.30 compared to £37 rrp so bought one.

Shu Uemura Glow On blusher P366, its according to them a medium coral. To me a lovely pink/peach shade.
    Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited BG931, they seem to class it as a beige. But again to me its a lovely soft rose pink with a hint of beige in the tone.

OOPS!!!! Forgot.

I needed a new lipstick primer, use MAC Prep & Prime but they had none in stock. So in a shocked daze stopped to chat with the sa I know at Bare Minerals. She mentioned their one which was only £1 more than MAC. So bought it. Lip rev-er upper.
    Last edited by donna255; 30th October 2012 at 02:03 PM.
    DONNA

Hey me again. On another forum I visit someone was selling some Elemis products. I got the Rosepetal Cleanser and Ginseng Toner 400mls each for £20 including shipping. The normal 200mls is now £21 for each. Lets put it this way, feeding frenzy.

The products arrived still in their original out packaging and with the pumps too.
    DONNA

The top coat from YSL's Christmas collection. A clear polish with white and blue shimmer: Premiere Neige. Very beautiful.

Chanel Mirifique cream eyeshadow, a twinkly asphalt color that can be used as an eyeliner or shadow. Very versatile. Nice change from my makeup routine which has been a bit of blush and lip color on the run.
    Chanel blush in rose initiale from the fall line is also a nice change from my Mac peach bronzer.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache