Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Your latest make-up/cosmetics purchases?

I couldn't resist the cute little vintage Bourjois pots I saw in Tallinn. My picks of the bunch were Ashes of Lilies eyeshadow (shade is called 04 Noir Precieux) and Ashes of Roses blusher (54 Rose Frisson).

Pic here: http://www.bourjois.fr/produits/89
    Last edited by tigrushka; 16th April 2011 at 08:11 AM.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Your latest make-up purchases?

Those tiny pots are gorgeous! They would go nicely with a bottle of L'Aromarine fragrance!

Those are absolutely adorable! I think I would have to buy them all if I ever saw those in real life. I just bought some necessary stuff from Lancome recently. They did a nice makeover on me to go with my newly growing in silver hair. Very peachy-pink & delicate, which suits me now. I was surprised how nice they made me look, lol! My hair used to be dark and I wore completely different colors in clothing and makeup.

What a fun thread! These days it seems easier to plop down dollars on makeup than on fragrance. Yesterday I bought a Nars Jungle Red lipliner for my handbag and a Smashbox eye shadow in Cabernet.

I just recently purchased this:

http://www.thebalm.com/makeup/staniac.htm

In Beauty Queen. I like it. The color is buildable and it doesn't seem to dry my lips out like some stains tend to. But my all-time favorite stain is Urban Decay Lip Envy in Greedy. Perfection.

I've made quite a few make-up purchases recently. It must be some kind of crazed frenzy for more and better!

- Maybelline Full n' Soft Mascara in black
    - Clarins Waterproof Eyeliner (black)
    - Clinique Cream Shapers (in Egyptian and Bright Gold)
    - Revlon Colourstay foundation.

My mum is also a mad Nutrimetics lady. She LOVES ordering their stuff from the catalogue each month. I put a few things for myself in the latest order: liquid eyeliner, coverstick, loose powder and foundation primer.

Looking at it all, I realise I've really splashed out this month!! Oh dear

My latest purchase was a bit of a challenge as I have oily skin. For YEARS I have been using Cornsilk pressed powder as I don't really use foundation on a daily basis as it is too heavy for my skin. I didn't realize that Aveda made a pressed powder as well. For awhile, I was using the MAC blot powder which is nice but sometimes it's not always convenient to get to a MAC store. So I broke down and got the Aveda pressed powder in Honey. Well, I am so pleasantly surprised! And it even has a little bit of coverage too (the Cornsilk and Blot Powder were translucent) And at the end of the day, my face doesn't feel like the Exxon Valdez crashed into it hahahahaha. Two thumbs up for sure!

Blog Entries

Today I bought:

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear loose powder (for blemish prone skin)
    Physicians Formula blemish healing concealer

I also got a trial size Murad's Acne Complex Kit. I'm really looking forward to trying that out. Maybe it'll be my miracle cure I've been looking for to help w/ my adult acne.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I got a selection of Stila Lip Glazes in a cute little case from Santa (I know it's not a purchase, but actually it was, since I'm the breadwinner who funds Santa in our house!). It's a little rainbow of lip colors. Fun!

P.S. Cologne Junkie..the Murad kit is very good. Still, I recommend you try the Alpha Hydrox brand of cream for your adult acne. It's done wonders for my skin, at a great price...pm me if you want me to send you a sample. And no I am in no way affiliated!

i just placed an order with Everyday Minerals. Thanks to my daughter, I have recently discovered their magvificent and reasonably priced foundation.

Has anyone else tried the new Cover Girl Outlast Lipstains? I was in Walgreen's last week and they were Buy One, Get One 50% off. I bought Bit o' Blossom and Plum Pout. Am I ever pleasantly surprised!
    I love lipstains as a general rule, anyway, but usually I have to buy higher-end brands. I find these Cover Girl lipstains very comparable to the old Urban Decay Lipstain 'markers'. The first application looks very natural but they are buildable color. They don't dry my lips out at all and I do not discern any nasty fragrance or taste. Yay for Cover Girl! I'm already planning to go back and get two more.

I just received my order from Lipstick Queen: a tube of Saint Natural, and a tube of Saint Berry. I have been wanting to try these for a long time, and so far, I am impressed. The color is sheer and natural looking, and the texture is very moist.

I just bought my 2nd box of Lunasol Micro Finish Powder. I've never repeat the same face powder before but this is "the one" for me.

My last visit to the duty free, I wanted so much to buy a few Dior lipgloss but kept telling myself better save that money for some new perfume!

these are sweet too, the lipgloss tins:
    http://letrainbleu.com/artdecolipglosstrio.aspx
    got them for a holiday gift on sale.

urban decay eyeshadow palette for my daughter.

the last purchase for myself was Kiss Kiss Guerlain lipstick in Rose Entenant.
    I think anyone could wear this creamy peach neutral.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Bought 2 CoverGirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara online and did the road test. It doesn't smudge, run or clumps and I am very happy with the result. I have been using the Maxfactor Calorie 2000 Aqua Lash since I was 15, but it is getting harder to find nowadays. I think I will continue to buy Lash Blast if MF2000 extinct.

Laura Mercier Eye Book - Ha! It has all the "right" colour!

happy is the bleu heart<3

I have to post a big rave for the Chapstick True Shimmer lip balms! I have the Botanical Berry and the Peppermint Rush (still searching for the tropical flavored one).

The Berry one has a slight pinkish shimmer, the Peppermint has a bluish-silver shimmer. They feel really good on the lips, are not drying, and taste and smell good too! And CHEAP! They cost about $2.50ish. love them!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Well, I have some department store gift cards I got for the holidays.... I guess I could get some new lipglass or liquid eyeliner I've been looking at from the MAC counter. Or, I could suck it up and renew my MAC discount card so I don't have to pay that retail price and I could use my gift cards on fragrance (yeah, much better idea)

I bought some Revlon eyeliner the other day and I just got my boyfriend some Eternity. He really doesn't care what he wears but I love the scent of it on him!

Blog Entries

I'll keep my eye out for these. I looove Chapstick!

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I have to post a big rave for the Chapstick True Shimmer lip balms! I have the Botanical Berry and the Peppermint Rush (still searching for the tropical flavored one).

The Berry one has a slight pinkish shimmer, the Peppermint has a bluish-silver shimmer. They feel really good on the lips, are not drying, and taste and smell good too! And CHEAP! They cost about $2.50ish. love them!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

these are sweet too, the lipgloss tins:
    http://letrainbleu.com/artdecolipglosstrio.aspx
    got them for a holiday gift on sale.
    Ah, Le Train Bleu. My credit card company is very fond of that site!

Lip gloss is one item that has never correlated quality with price, imo. I splurged on a few Chanel Glossimers awhile back and they were heavy, sticky, gloopy - ugh. The $2 Lipsmackers (esp. the Dr Pepper one!) are still the best I've found.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Today I was at Target buying Lord knows what (hahahaha) and I saw they had the CoverGirl Lash blast on sale in a special package that you get 2 tubes for 9.99. Hmmm I just may go back and get one more. I love that stuff!
    Last edited by AndiMAC; 19th January 2009 at 09:32 PM.

On Stockmann the sale has reached the stage where everything is -60%... I got Shiseido lip gloss in G12 Mango Passion, it's a great match with OPI Tangerini Bikini nail polish!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 21st January 2009 at 11:55 AM.

I've becoming absolutely addicted to NARS eyeshadow. The colors are so saturated. Drat that Sephora! If they hadn't opened down the street from me I'd be a richer (read that as less broke) woman!
    Enter at your own risk: http://www.narscosmetics.com/Eyes-C5_family_1.aspx

MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Degrade Brunette blush
    MAC Tinited Lipglass in Soft Wave

I'm posting about what I didn't buy.

I was proud of myself for sitting on my hands as long as I did the other day when Bare Escentuals Minerals offered a $97 Today's Special Value on QVC. A similar kit with different colors and brushes will arrive for an additional $97 every three months and dagnabbit, I was dying to get it, but couldn't afford it and have quite a bit already. I have not felt that way about buying any perfume in a long time, my mouth was literally watering, and I am so amazed at the self control I showed. My hand reached for the computer many times during the day, but I didn't go through with it. I am addicted to that line of makeup and the colors, wow, it's like being a kid in a candy store.

Thank you for listening.

Smile Re: Your latest make-up purchases?

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post
    I'm posting about what I didn't buy.

I was proud of myself for sitting on my hands as long as I did the other day when Bare Escentuals Minerals offered a $97 Today's Special Value on QVC. A similar kit with different colors and brushes will arrive for an additional $97 every three months and dagnabbit, I was dying to get it, but couldn't afford it and have quite a bit already. I have not felt that way about buying any perfume in a long time, my mouth was literally watering, and I am so amazed at the self control I showed. My hand reached for the computer many times during the day, but I didn't go through with it. I am addicted to that line of makeup and the colors, wow, it's like being a kid in a candy store.

Thank you for listening.
    What self control! I need lessons. Sometimes it's so hard NOT to buy something....

Clinique Soft Shimmer eye shadow-- a pearly white. Clinique discontinued my favorite pink in a duo, Be Mine. I started using that because Shiseido discontinued my original favorite pink in a duo, Shell. What's a gal to do? Shiseido has the silkiest formula, too.

After taking a detour on Crayfish's tea perfume thread, I ended up ordering a set of two lip balms from SalonTea: The Writer (chai) and Society Hostess (vanilla black tea). They're creamy, and they smell nice, but I don't really get "tea" from them. Hostess smells like sugar cookies, and The Writer smells like cinnamon. (They also don't work very well as a solid perfume! )

I have purchased;
    Clarins Lip-colour- Jolie Rouge in Rhubarbe
    Darphin- Arovita eye crème
    YonKa- Eye crème
    Chanel soap- 4 bars Cristalle, clearance at a small boutique I go to
    Korres- Quince body butter
    Chanel- Eye quad in Oasis
    Space NK-Rose hand lotion

Next purchases will be;
    Guerlain-Lip-colour in Candy shine
    YSL- Lip-colour in Bohemian rose #16
    Carol's Daughter-Healthy hair butter

...and this is me trying to keep things under control. You should have seen how much I purchased when I worked in cosmetics.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I have recently purchased:
    MAC Dame Edna Gladiola lipstick and Possum Nose Pink gloss. These were a sudden and stress-related mistake. Boyfriend ogling beer wench at Renaissance Faire? The solution is obviously violet-based fuchsia lipstick and coral gloss.

Successful purchases:
    Strawberry Blonde lipgloss. The return of the fabled Strawberry Blonde, in lipgloss formula. Lovely.
    Quick Tease lipgloss. Migrates to lip line.

Coming soon: Date Night.

MAC and Nars are the only cult lines available here. I was never a MAC user until I realized that I needed to become one.

Hillaire

YSL Rosewood 66 pure lip color.
    I dont know why I haven't bought this before. It's far superior to the dusty rose I have been wearing from Shisedo for ten years. I am slowly trading out all my old Shisedo and MAC for YSL. I really love their make-up.
    And Givenchy Matte Must-Have Beige eye shadow. A really non cakey matte with great opacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    YSL Rosewood 66 pure lip color.
    Love that one! It's been in production for ages, about twenty years or something like that.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    Love that one! It's been in production for ages, about twenty years or something like that.
    WOW. I love that.It must be a classic, cant-go-wrong color then. I have been eye-ing it for at least two years. Really its a great one, so moist..and it will be new color for many years to come, I suspect.

I bought the new la Laque Fever lipgloss from Lancome in Plum Wave. I wanted to wear it a few days before posting about to see if it is as long lasting as they say. Six hours may be pushing it a bit, especially if drinking or eating anything, but it IS pretty long lasting (about 4 hours!). It did not dry my lips out at all either. All in all I'm very happy with it.

http://www.lancome-usa.com/makeup/gl...aque-fever.htm
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 15th February 2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: for the correct color name

Last year, I was looking for some Jicky at our local mall. The Guerlain counter was completely out of Jicky, but I got suckered into trying their lipsticks. Well, last month, for the second time in my life, I actually used a whole tube till it was empty! (Often times I'll lose my lipstick, or it'll start to cake before I'm finished with the tube. The only other tube I've managed to hold onto till it was gone was Physician's Formula something or another that my roomie had given me because it didn't work on her.) So, I went back there and bought all of their remaining tubes of Rose Entetant. (All three of them.) I hate it when colors that I like are discontinued.

I ended up sampling Jicky thru a generous Basenotes member instead.
    Last edited by Aiona; 15th February 2009 at 12:43 PM.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Benefit Boi-ing. For me, the best concealer ever. Their fair shade is just perfect for my skin tone.

I had Monday off work and my fiance and I went out for lunch and then we walked around the mall for an hour or so. We ventured into Ulta and I started looking at their brand name cosmetics. I picked up the lightest shade of their Illuminating foundation for 12.50 and I love it! Nice coverage, but it makes my face look slightly glowy. Two thumbs up from me.

Hillaire

OOH. I just got some Hourglass, liquid eyeliner in a pen. It is crazy good. This whole line is very good.

I went into a little independently owned boutique that sells Clinique and bought the purple bottle of eye makeup remover and inquired about that discontinued pink/brown duo that I like alot, Be Mine. They had three left, and I bought two. I'm pretty stoked about that, and that I could support a local business instead of going to the local dept. store. I'd never seen that boutique before, I'll have to go back!
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 22nd February 2009 at 06:49 AM.

Now to just find an independently owned boutique that carries vintage and niche fragrances!
    That's cool that you found your favorite shadow combo, though, SF. You should be stocked up for awhile now? I used to love this online boutique called Who's The Fairest? and ordered from them quite regularly until they closed shop in 2004. Still really miss this blush stick they had called a 'jelly stick'. I forget which shade I was enamoured with, but it was a berryish shade and I loved that stuff on my lips. Now I try all kinds of lip stains, etc... but still sometimes lament the loss of my jelly stick.

Yep, I am stocked up! Shiseido has this lipstick they keep threatening to discontinue and I have to be in the right store at the right time if I'm to get one at all...There is actually an apparently famous vintage/niche shop in Oregon's very own Portland called The Perfume House. I haven't been up there yet, but have perused the website and they appear to sell Tabac Blond edt. Is it true??? Can it be so????? The website also claimed to stock No. 22 edt and I was STOKED, but alas, they do not (as I suspected) but Chanel in San Francisco will ship it for $15.

The little boutique I went to stocked Chanel No. 5, Chance, and Coco Mlle. and all manner of Estee Lauder. They did not do decants, in fact the SA didn't know what a decant was, bless her heart. I just don't like asking for 'samples,' do I need to get over myself or what! "Could you make me a decant" sounds so much prettier, heh heh. All the gals in there were so nice and friendly.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 24th February 2009 at 04:27 AM.

Kevyn Aucoin The Rouge Hommage lipstick in Control. The case is shiny red & black (my favorite), the top is magnetic (it'll stay capped in my purse), and Control is described as a deep chocolate brown shimmer. It's sheer & not overpowering, which is just how I like it.

Saw yesterday Lancôme Focus Palette 4 Ombres on 50% discount, so splurged on two: Supernature (nude shades) and Escapade Champêtre (green shades).

Ordered bunch of MAC hello kitty items, I got a lipstick, lip conditioner, beauty powder, eye shadow pallet and pigment. But I hadn´t bought any make up for a few months leading up to this collection so I don´t feel too bad
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Forgot to mention that the famous Erika F eye shadow is included in Escapade Champêtre quad!

Yesterday I bought some stuff from The Body Shop, an eye liner, a lip conditioner and body butter that smells like strawberries, it smells so good that I'd rather eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    OOH. I just got some Hourglass, liquid eyeliner in a pen. It is crazy good. This whole line is very good.
    I have one of the Hourglass palettes, the one called Oasis. It was splurge-y, but as you say, GOOD! Check these things out:

http://tinyurl.com/bojgdn

Reading this thread makes me want to visit a Sephora, at the very least! My makeup wardrobe is pretty slim right now - mostly drugstore stuff.

Lancome is having a GWP at my Dillards ... I picked up a Dual Finish powder in Almande III. It's not my usual color (I've worn Matte Buff II forever) and now I'm a little worried that I should have just stuck to my old faithful.

It's not makeup, but I also bought a new Mousse Radiance self-foaming cleanser. I love that stuff!

Last Saturday I got Sue Devitt Microaquatic Blue Anti-Aging SPF 30 Protection Primer with soothing blue algae extract and natural crystals. If you have rosacea this stuff is a must-try.

I also picked up By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush. A little of this stuff goes a long long way so the pump bottle should last at least a year.

I'm on the lookout for a new mascara that goes on easily and doesn't smudge.

I'm trying out the whole mineral makeup thing. As a natural born sceptic, it's so hard to go with that hype.. but hey, here I am. After trying some samples from About Face/The She Space, I got full sizes of a blush, two eyeshadows and "Cashmere Stockings" finishing powder. The verdict: some are great, some not so much.
    The finishing powder thing is not for me. It does nothing that I can see, and adds another complicated and unnecessary step to my routine.
    Eyeshadows seem good quality, but I'm having trouble with the texture in practice. It seems to fall off in an instant. Some shades are better at sticking around than others, though, and the range of colour selection is am-ah-zing. Also, the owner is an absolute doll, and she threw in a free full sized eyedshadow for me. Generous!
    The blush is my favourite; subtle, perfect for my colouring, sticks around, buildable - love.
    I'm not a fan of the packaging, though. No sifter top, so do not drop. Also, shipping (granted, international) took almost two months. Now that's not the company's fault, obviously, but it does mean I'll think twice about ordering regularly from them.

I'd like to explore more of their line, but I'm not sure if I have the patience what with the slow shipping. Pity, as they might have some real nice stuff at a good price.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

I picked up some Joey eyeshadows that are really nice at Marshalls for 2.00 each. I also got 2 Lip Fusion lip gloss tubes for 7.99 each, a really good price! If anyone knows of good makeup or shampoo or shower gel at Marshalls let me know, I am always up for a good deal!

Yesterday I got OPI Clubbing Til Sunrise nail polish.

In the 80's I had a Leichner nail polish in Tango, which was a flaming orange pearl shade that looked gold in certain kind of electric light. I have been looking for a look-a-like shade for years. Clubbing Til Sunrise is the closest I have found so far.

The other day I got MAC's Hello Kitty finishing powder in Thitian Sand, 2 Nars eyeshadows (Cairo and Ondine - they make a perfect natural, daytime look) and a Nars bronzer (it doesn't make me orange!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie Day View Post
    The other day I got MAC's Hello Kitty finishing powder in Thitian Sand, 2 Nars eyeshadows (Cairo and Ondine - they make a perfect natural, daytime look) and a Nars bronzer (it doesn't make me orange!!).
    Nice, I have those two eyeshadows and like wearing them often.
    I got a couple of lipsticks one from YSL and a Chanel and a brown liquid eyeliner from YSL
    Evenstar

I just bought Prescriptives Photochrome Light Adjusting Compact Makeup SPF 15. It comes with a little sponge and seems to go on sheerly and with good coverage. Hopefully, this will work well for the summer months when I just like a dab of coverage and a little bit of slightly shimmery powder or bronzer. This is my first makeup purchase from Prescriptives.

[I tried to sniff Calyx while I was at the Prescriptives counter because it had been years, but the extremely young SA kept insisting that Sheer Calyx is what I wanted to sniff and that it was the same thing anyway. She seemed like she was afraid she'd get into trouble if she let me sample the original Calyx, which made me wonder how strongly the SA's are pushed to sell the new stuff when customers ask for the old. If they don't want to actually sell the old stuff, why not just retire it? Ok, rant over.]
    Last edited by lilybelle; 3rd June 2009 at 12:06 PM.

Back to the Prescriptives counter...I bought this wonderful transluscent loose powder called Magic, and it really is. It hits your face like a cold mist before it turns to the lightest veil of powder. I'm in love with it. And incidentally, it really is an effective, sheer face powder. The other thing they had that I didn't buy but I keep thinking about, is a motorized mascara. The wand turns by tiny battery power to curl and darken your lashes simultaneously. I think the battery runs down about the same time the product runs out. I can't justify such a thing as a throwaway. But it did a great job, and the idea of it amuses me no end.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 26th July 2009 at 03:43 PM.

On clearance at CVS, I found an Almay all natural light foundation makeup (in a smaller one ounce size) for under $4! Pretty good stuff too. Very pleased with that find. I don't know why, but I have a hard time buying just one thing at a time. I always want to get something to go with it. Probably some mild form of greed. Can't afford to be too greedy. So I got a Covergirl mascara which was also on sale under $4. Fantastic lash maybe? In a pretty and curvy red tube. Works well. Goes on smooth, and I like the brush. Can't remember the exact name of either item. What a great sale! I should have gotten some eye shadow while I was at it.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Stopped by Mac yesterday and picked up Hand Crafted Mineralized blush and Smooth Merge Mineralized Skin Finish - glowy cheeks here I come!!
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Basenotes Plus

Urban Decay Primer, the tinted one. My daughter told me about it.

On a recent excursion to Nordstrom (curses, they claimed to be out of glass vials for scent samples!) I picked up a new container of my favorite red lipstick: Raisin by Bobbi Brown. Perfect for my Dark hair, eyebrows and eyes and pasty, pasty skin!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*