Code of Conduct

Default Scent for a seductress!!

Hi Everyone,

Great site - I'm so glad I have found it! I struggle to find anyone with an interest in fragrance....my friends seem to just use whatever they got for christmas, and thats about as interesting as the conversation gets! Anyway - this is a long one, but mabye you will find it interesting?!!

I have been looking at fragrance reviews and blogs for some time in the quest to find a fragrance that stands out, that none of my friends or colleagues will smell like. I like the idea, as many people do, of having a signature fragrance.

I have worn Prada and Prada Tendre for a couple of years now and am looking for something more daring, and sensual. I had a breif adoration of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle until I realised every 18 -35 year old was wearing it, and Narciso Rodriguez for Her is a daytime favourite.

I have a fond memory of patchouli and musk, my leather jacket is my best friend, I cant bear Chanel No.5 and I adore Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison.

I think I have read too many reviews and confused myself, but some of the Guerlain write ups, paticularly Shalimar had me instantly intrigued - 'It has an extraordinary round and sensual base, but nearly no heart. It is so sensual that it goes perilously close to the edge of good taste'

I have never smelt any of the Guerlains, but I am definatley going to - but many people say they are 'old lady scents'.

I want a striking, sensual and exotic scent, but I am only 24 so don't want to wear something that reminds me of my grandmothers cosmetics drawer!! Any comments or recomendations would be greatly appreciated!

E x

Default Re: Scent for a seductress!!

Hanae Mori - Butterfly

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue or Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb

And welcome to the forum.

Hi Crystal Candy,

If you want to stay in the Hypnotic Poison 'room', you're already wearing Prada - the other you might consider is Cartier's Le Baiser du Dragon (if you can find it). Yes, you're too young to be wearing Shalimar.

If you want to wear something a little different, I'd really recommend YSL's Opium - definitely striking, and sensual - maybe not so exotic since it's been around for so long - but therein lies a tale.

Have a sniff of Shiseido's Zen and Lancome's Poeme; although these, especially the Poeme might strike you as a bit old.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Have a sniff of Shiseido's Zen and Lancome's Poeme; although these, especially the Poeme might strike you as a bit old.
    My mom wears Shiseido. For what it's worth. And she's... older than 24...

Well, I'm 20. And my mom wears it.

if you liked Hypnotic Poison you definitely like sweet vanillic and gourmand fragrances and in general orientals. Along these lines you might like Thierry Mugler Angel (a blend of vanilla, chocolate and patchouly).
    For something definitely daring and timeless but that also youngsters like, I suggest you Robert Piguet Fracas: it's quite a love or hate scent but if you like it you'll probably wear it for decades.

+1 on the Mugler Angel

Something relatively inexpensive but seductive...Burberry Weekend. It has a 'dirty' note that if it works with your chemistry can be quite dangerous. Hugo Boss Woman is another similar but cleaner, more appropriate for office.
    Exotic? Try Agent Provacateur.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Versace Crystal Noir is very seductive.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Agree on the Shalimar..very enticing. Also I would say try one of the Jickys, perhaps the EdP for the civet 'come hither' effect..

But, as probably has been stated in one form or another on the Male Fragrance Discussion Board, "It isn't the size of the wand that puts the rabbit in the hat. It is the magic of the Performer."
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Try out Alien by Thierry Mugler and Black Orchid by Tom Ford. I sprayed those on a card and they smelled fantastic. They were mysterious in my eyes.

Parfumerie Generale Musc Maori on female skin. The ultimate seduction, IMO

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

My first thought is:
    Agent Provocateur - Strip

You may also try:
    Versace - Crystal Noir
    The One - D&C

Wow, thanks for all your replies!!

I used to wear Hugo Boss Woman when I was about 17!!! I didn't know you could still get it!

The patchouli in Agent Provocateur is so strong.....I'm not entirely sure yet, will keep trying though!

Too many people wear Angel for my liking, I like it but I want to be different. Think I will go try Versace Crystal Noir, and probably some of the others mentioned. Thanks everyone!!

I have to admit though, where I live (North Wales, UK) there is absolutley no perfume shops, we have a small Debenhams, and a Boots. Will have to travel further afield on my quest for a new fragrance.

Thanks again everyone, I will keep you posted on what I decide to go for!

If you're stuck for somewhere to buy perfume, try escentuals.co.uk - they have a lot of the classic guerlains in stock.

Angel addict here! Can't get enough of it.

Try:
    Dior Addict (original blue bottle)
    Givenchy Hot Couture
    Etra by Etro
    L'Artisan Les Espices de la Passion
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Hillaire

bvlgari has a new one called jasmine noir, which smells like an updated Shalimar (a Guerlain) to me, but is very nice. Definitely seductive.

Dependent

The best female frag ive come accross by far is Ferragamo by Salvatore Ferragamo, it comes in a slightly slanted and twisted long clear bottle. My mum who wears it gets compliments from guys 10-15 years younger