Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Wink Over did it on December purchases?

My question: Did you over spend on fragrances for December in order to spoil your inner child? Just wondering how many will confess. It is a cathartic process so please please contribute you thoughts and feel better.

Default Re: Over did it on December purchases?

Yes, I did, and I don't feel any better

Last year, yes.

This year, no.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

NO. so far

OMG. Well I had a relapse. Just ordered Chanel Sycomore from the SF boutique. (Blind) Been thinking about it for some time and finished the newsletter review from Luca Turin. So, did it. Will be here for Christmas eve. Hope it is half as good as LT thinks.
    Last edited by richard d; 19th December 2008 at 05:29 PM.

Overspent BIG TIME!!!

Yeah, I overspent quite a lot.

If I just stop going to stores/sites I think I'll be able to control myself way better.

December isn't even over and I just ordered another "must have or I'll die": Vol de Nuit parfum extrait. Someone, cut up my credit cards!

I don't do Christmas, but if there are Labour Day sales on perfume sites I can see overspending in my near future.

I've only rebought Burberry London this month. I am satisfied with my top three fragrances in my collection and don't feel the urge to buy more. Terre d'Hermes, Burberry London and B*Men will be used often this winter.

That's exactly what I did. Last weekend I took my sister out for lunch for her birthday and on the way we stopped at our favourite perfume shop. I wound up getting three bottles for me and one for her. I was so absorbed with indulging myself I don't even know what she got. Not the slightest idea.

I always overspend... month after month.. *looks at visa/mastercard bills staring at me from the corner* ...sigh

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Off-Scenter

Ah, that 25% off sale at Parfum1, the sale at Imagination Perfumery...

Of course I justified it by buying one for myself, two for my wife, one for myself, two for my wife, etc.

I get new bottles of Dzongkha and Encre Noir, she gets Lyric for Women, plus Nahema, Vol de Nuit, and Chamade in parfum concentrations. Isn't rationalization a wonderful thing?
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 19th December 2008 at 07:55 PM.

I was actually pretty good this month, I managed to avoid the stores.
    I have a couple bottles making my way to me through the mail, looking forward to the arrivals.

I don`t think I`m in overspending mode.
    For a very long time I did not buy perfumes for myself - I made a lot of perfume gifts to my wife though
    Well, we both could wear Les Orientalistes Goutal, and I limit my spending on e-bay by vintages so far.
    And almost all - Norell, Cachet, Magie Noire, Je Ose, Dans la Nuit - is feminine.

For me - I bought two books on perfumery themes.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Of course I justified it by buying one for myself, two for my wife, one for myself, two for my wife, etc.
    Ha! How's that working out for you? My girlfriend caught on the second time round and suddenly this rationalization is not quite as effective as it once was. The law of diminishing returns in action!

As for my December spending, well, let's just say the economy has not been kind to my checkbook.
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 19th December 2008 at 07:16 AM.

I just spent six days in Vienna a week ago and bought 18 frags.

Most were niche brands. 18 bottles is the most I've ever bought at one time. I think I might have to cool it for a while.

noggs

I have been overspending lately.

But for December, I guess you could say I over-overspended.

I'm happy though -- and you should be as well for your purchases.. Don't feel guilty!

Drastic splurging. I ebayed off some stuff for very good returns and used thast as a pretext to spend again, rather than working toward balancing my budget. OMG I'm behaving like a government But then how dare they tempt me with those irresistible offers on Borneo1834, Patou Privé, Rose Poivré, Spiritus Land, vintage Eau Neuve, Acqua di Cuba etc. pp.?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Yes, of course! L'Air du Désert Marocain, Arpège PH, Gucci Envy and... today... my first "backup bottle" -- Baldessarini on sale for a ridiculously cheap price -- so proud of myself! ;-)
    january will be a spending month with all the sales... then I'll have a break in February and lick my wounds.

Yes, like every month...

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post

I get a new bottles of Dzongkha and Encre Noir, she gets Lyric for Women, plus Nahema, Vol de Nuit, and Chamade in parfum concentrations. Isn't rationalization a wonderful thing?
    Your wife is a lucky woman, Vibert!

I'm not gonna name my new frags because I've bought more than 60 bottles this month.

I've been telling myself to slow down but couldn't do it.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I just spent six days in Vienna a week ago and bought 18 frags.

Most were niche brands. 18 bottles is the most I've ever bought at one time. I think I might have to cool it for a while.

noggs
    How did you get all this through the customs?
    It`s like 1.8 litre of alcohol!!!!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Yes, I am overspending, but it is not having animpact in my finances. I am planning carefully so to avoid financial problems.

In the meantime, I am smelling well

If you don't overspend, it wouldn't be a hobby.

Exclamation Re: Over did it on December purchases?

[QUOTE=richard d;1386102]NO. so far

OMG. Well I had a relapse. Just ordered Chanel Sycomore from the SF boutique. (Blind) Been thinking about it for some time and finished the newsletter review from Luca Turin. So, did it. Will be here for Christmas eve. Hope it is half as good as LT thinks...

Not really...I just picked up two sets at Burlington Coat Factory! They have 50% off on all their cologne sets.

I got a set of CK Obsession and RL Polo, plus a Gameboy Advance game for my sons for a grand total of $68!!

The Obsession set includes a 4.0 OZ EDT spray and a shower gel. The Polo set includes 2.0 OZ spray EDT and 2.0 OZ AS splash. I'll pass the AS splash on to my father-in-law.

And yes, it is cathartic! I like spending money when I have it, plus, I'm a really generous guy.

Give it away and it comes back to you!

i' ven been good this december, I'm saving it all for the january sales and my trip to holland
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

A big Noooo from me =]!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

My girlfriend has stated I'm not allowed to buy anything til after Christmas - so no, not yet :P
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I'm not sure I overdid it, but I did acquire quite a few new frags in the last few weeks. In fact, I thought my collection was complete, until my final frag that I've been searching for for 5 months showed up on eBay today at a very attractive price, and Paypal gave me an additional 20% off, so what could I do?

This is a quote for the ages. Spoken like a true man.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    If you don't overspend, it wouldn't be a hobby.
    Last edited by aeromatic; 20th December 2008 at 03:44 AM.

Yes, I purchased four 8.4 oz flacons of Creed Erolfa in a matter of weeks, and have been wearing it almost everyday.

I'm in a very remote part of the country, so out of harm's reach. Or better still, harm is out of my reach. Won't be able to continue buying until well into January. Might be back with a vengeance though. Nothing like catching up on perfume buying!

Its all your fault, guys. I saw that the travel sized Amouage XXV was back in stock on Amazon and ordered that!